It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Our economic meltdown started when the democrats took over the congress

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by gdeed

With all the problems we have, America remains the strongest nation, and the weak dollar certainly helps in the current crisis that the new House and Senate has brought to us. Lower interest rates will help us avoid the noose that the so-called intellectuals in the new congress placed around our necks via the housing debacle.

More gut feelings?

Try a little serious investigation. I think it will serve you better in the long run. It is evident you seem to have a need to place the blame on the new congress but the current economy is the result much more deep seated and long term factors. I saw this crunch comming a long time ago. Especially when Bill Gates dumped his dollars for euros along with other indicators. Many of them forcast in this article; a long read but very enlightening......

www.economicshelp.org...

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Question?

Why is it that when the economy tanks and Republicans are in charge, there are MASSIVE amounts of threads blaming Bush, and every other breathing human that has ever called themselves Republican?

Yet...

When the Economy Tanks and Democrats are in Charge, all of the threads turn into excuse forums for why it can't possibly be the Democrats?

Everyone does understand that the market ALWAYS goes into a downhill slide whenever Democrats are possibly going to be in positions to raise taxes? The majority of those that invest, are the ones carrying the major portion of the tax burden and have no desire to pay more than their fair share. (Currently they are paying VASTLY more than their fair share)

Just as an example...

Currently I have paid over $7000.00 in taxes as of the first of the year. That is just me not including my wife who makes about as much as I do. Now considering I usually pay around 4 to 7 thousand to the IRS each year in addition to what they take anyway; it is no wonder people like me get nervous at the thought of "More of the same" from the Democrats...

Semper

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by gdeed

Lower interest rates will help us avoid the noose that the so-called intellectuals in the new congress placed around our necks via the housing debacle.

What???? Pray tell how "intellectuals in the new congress" caused the "housing debacle"? BTW, I'm not a fan of the present congress, but you're giving them credit they don't deserve. The housing crisis was caused by many complex factors, involving banks and home buyers. David Hannum's famous saying "There's a sucker born every minute" describes it best. Greedy bankers convinced hungry home-owners that they could get a mortgage that was too good to be true. (And it was.) Now, if you want to place some blame on who enabled the bankers and the suckers to create this crisis, I have two words for you....Alan Greenspan.

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProfEmeritus
What???? Pray tell how "intellectuals in the new congress" caused the "housing debacle"? BTW, I'm not a fan of the present congress, but you're giving them credit they don't deserve.

They spent months congratulating themselves for their historic victory and didn’t pay attention to the economy. That’s why we put them into those lofty positions isn’t it, to pay attention?

The housing crisis was caused by many complex factors, involving banks and home buyers.

True and while they played politics they failed to notice or care.

David Hannum's famous saying "There's a sucker born every minute" describes it best.

So true, we suckers replaced a good solid congress with a bunch of monkeys

Greedy bankers convinced hungry home-owners that they could get a mortgage that was too good to be true.

Every one of us is greedy that’s often why we get into trouble. Besides housing prices have been going up consistently until we overhauled the congress and put in a huge number of do nothing newbie’s

Now, if you want to place some blame on who enabled the bankers and the suckers to create this crisis, I have two words for you....Alan Greenspan.

I agree again, but for different reasons. Greenspan and Bernanke raised interest rates at a rapid pace which didn’t give many people time to lock in their loans before they shot through the roof.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join