It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hamas claims Jerusalem attack

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Hamas claims Jerusalem attack

www.news.com.au

HAMAS Islamists today claimed responsibility for a shooting attack at a Jewish religious school in Jerusalem that killed eight people yesterday, a Hamas official said.

“The Hamas movement announces its full responsibility for the Jerusalem operation. The movement will release the details at a later stage,” the official told Reuters on condition of anonymity.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 09:21 AM
link   
This this the entire article at the moments. Please update if you come across more.

I wonder how quickly Hamas will be even more closely linked to Iran.

Maybe the bullets used againts the innocent students were flown from Iran via Turkish airspace. All without their knowledge of course.

CT

www.news.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Conspiracy Theorist

This is a good find. Nevertheless, there will not be a war against Iran. If there was going to be one, it would have happened a LONNGGG time ago.

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by chromatico

This is a good find. Nevertheless, there will not be a war against Iran. If there was going to be one, it would have happened a LONNGGG time ago.

I think its in the MICs' best interest to have the tension drag on for as long as possible. Its a good excuse to raise oil prices and make a bundle of cash while the sheeple are looking the other way.

CT

PS: MIC = Military Industrial Complex

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Conspiracy Theorist

No, I think it's because all parties realize a war against Iran would go quite badly for them.

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by chromatico

This is not necessarily the case. If the US and it's allies feel that there is a relatively short window to act before Iran has a nuclear weapon, then they may well decide to take action against Iran in the form of an aerial attack. Once they have the weapons, it would be too late.

I'm not saying I agree or disagree with this line of thinking, only that is it a reasonable possibility.

On the question as to whether Iran should be allowed to have a nuclear weapons program, most of the world, not just the US, UK and Israel, is against that. It is not accurate to say that if some countries have them then all should be allowed.

While the more countries that possess weapons, the more dangerous it may be, I believe it to be far more dangerous for a country ruled by a fundamentalist regime to possess this capability. Why? One only need to understand their stated goals (Muslim Caliphate) and systemic embracing of martyrdom (see suicide bombings, 9/11, Spain attacks, UK attacks and plots) to realize that there is no more dangerous possibility than to have a fundamentalist Islamic regime to have such weapons.

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Hamas on Friday announced it was responsible for Thursday's shooting attack at the Mercaz Harav religious school in Jerusalem that killed eight people, then denied it was involved shortly afterwards.

haaretz.com...

Well looks like they are denying now.

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Night Watchman

This is not necessarily the case. If the US and it's allies feel that there is a relatively short window to act before Iran has a nuclear weapon, then they may well decide to take action against Iran in the form of an aerial attack

I agree that any action againt Iran would probably come in the form of precision attacks from the air. The terrain would be difficult in a grouns invasion.

On the question as to whether Iran should be allowed to have a nuclear weapons program, most of the world, not just the US, UK and Israel, is against that. It is not accurate to say that if some countries have them then all should be allowed.

Isnt it up to each country to decide for itself how it is going to defend againts attack? Obviously, and with good reason, Iran is worried about a US/Israeli attack. They are pretty much surrounded, with US forces to the west, in Iraq, and north, in Afghanistan, and obviously feel that they dont have much of a chance without a nuclear deterrent.

What the US is asking of Iran is for it to roll over and die when the attack happens.

Originally posted by Attari
Well looks like they are denying now.

Well in the original link, the Hamas official was speaking "on condition of anonymity" so there is really no way to tell.

Is it possible Mossad is trying to stir things up by planting misinformation in the media?

CT

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Well, I think it is about time Israel unleashes on these idiots. They launch rockets into Israel everyday at random killing innocent people and Israel is suppose to do nothing? Something will definitely come of this.

top topics

join