It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unexplained lightning

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 07:50 AM
link   
I didn't see a thread on this phenomena so I thought I'd start one. Has anyone experienced lightning flashes during the day, or night when no clouds are in sight? I've witnessed this on two occasions. First when I was sleeping over at a friends house, in the California Redwoods, when I was 5 When we went to his room to sleep we saw a deep red light and blue light among the stars moving around wildly and watched lightning like flashes even though it was totally clear out. Then later when I was 16 I was on a camping trip at Camp Constantine, Texas and as we were packing up our gear we witnessed lightning flashes without thunder around 9:00 in the morning. The only clouds in the sky were thin cirrus clouds, nothing substantial enough to produce lightning. The only answer I got at the time was that it was perhaps "heat lightning", but as I've learned that is really lightning that is viewed on the horizon.
To clarify what we saw, it was a lightning like white flash, sometimes pulsating coming from an unknown location. No actual bolts were seen in both instances this happened for around 30 minutes until it stopped.

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 03:56 PM
link   
I think what youve seen is an occurence called Bolt from the Blue.

Wiki explains it better than me so heres the wiki link

en.wikipedia.org...

join