It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

have you become careful about what you have posted lately????

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 02:28 AM
link   
Does anyone feel like they are censoring themselves because the government might be/are monitoring this site?

Lately there has been a few posts i was about to reply too or threads i was going to start but i stopped myself from writing them. This sounds very weak, i know that, but im just being honest Alot of people act like they would be all bad and tough if the govt started to go after people like us on these types of boards, (they would try to control dissedents first right?) but i don't think most people would really do anything.

Im probably being paranoid but the way the US is heading i really am starting too think we are on the verge of a major change, the things i hear friends and neighbors say on a daily basis about how messed up this country is and how ANGRY they have become, cannot be going unnoticed by the powers that be.

Please dont tear me apart for this post, again i am just being honest and i'd like to know if anybody else feels this way.

p.s. feel free to move this i wasnt sure where it should go

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 07:08 AM
link   
Can't say I've ever been bothered about anything I posted online.

Theres a long long way to go between someone connecting your screen name to you personally if you think about it.

The only way that it could be nailed directly to you is if someone was watching you type it or recording it live while they knew exactly where you were and that you were by yourself, and if you'd drawn that much attention to yourself already chances are you've severely upset someone already.

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 07:11 AM
link   
Actually I have found it to be the exact opposite!

Ive posted more recently than ever!

Dont let them stop you talking about things or they will win!
What better way to stop people posting than to make them think they will come and get you for it?

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 08:43 AM
link   
I keep myself within the T&C and the US Constitution... beyond that I will not check myself.

Judge Learned Hand - Masses Publishing Co. v. Patten (1917) -

"If one stops short of urging upon others that it is their duty or their interest to resist the law, it seems to me one should not be held to have attempted to cause its violation."

One can ask.... "Why haven't you burned a genetically modified corn field lately?"

One cannot urge... "You should burn your local genetically modified corn field tomorrow."

I think it is fair to make those two statements before you to teach you your limits and retrictions.....

While at the same time getting your gears turning about the prospect of someone burning genetically modified corn fields....

Sublime; let them drag me to court.

on fire, I am the fine print,

Sri Oracle

[edit on 7-3-2008 by Sri Oracle]

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Sri Oracle

Without a doubt I believe they know me, maybe not here, but in my real life. But you are correct. One might study the historically significant tactics used by guerilla fighters. One would not be wise to ask if anyone knew or could expound on tactics that could be used against a larger military force. Often times it is only the wording that might keep us from being labeled more harshly than we are. However as much as many may disagree with me I still have faith in the power of the people to overcome and rise up against any threat that might try to rise. I do think however, that we may be the frog put in the pot and the heat is on, I just don't know when we will start to jump.

respectfully

reluctantpawn

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by drock905

I'm Canadian, so I have less to worry about, but I am still thinking about what may come. Yes they are watching this site. But yes, this is the time to stand up and be brave. If we don;t stand up for the truth, it's our children that will pay the price.

[edit on 7-3-2008 by Silenceisall]

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by neformore
Can't say I've ever been bothered about anything I posted online.

Theres a long long way to go between someone connecting your screen name to you personally if you think about it.

The only way that it could be nailed directly to you is if someone was watching you type it or recording it live while they knew exactly where you were and that you were by yourself, and if you'd drawn that much attention to yourself already chances are you've severely upset someone already.

Actually its not that hard for the government to find out who you are. We all had to put in our emails and a little bit of personal information into the ATS database just to sign up. It wouldn't take much for the Gov or any of the hackers they have working for them to eventually get what ever information they want. The thing is, even without ATS, most first world governments have detailed files on everyone in the country.....everything about you is on a database somewhere. Don't think for a second that they don't keep track especially to possible "trouble makers". I was working for a company that would pick up used furniture from different government offices. This one day we had a request from C.S.I.S. headquarters in Vancouver B.C. to pick up a few old desks. When we got there we were told to wait in the offices reception area which was full of camera's. My coworker used to work for the RCMP (which works closely with C.S.I.S.) was telling me that "Right now they are taking your picture from different angles and running your I.D. then with a push of a button, ALL of your information from when you were born until now gets added into their database and the photo's are being added to their facial recognition computers". No one is safe unless you are totally off the grid. As for the OP, I don't care if they see what I am posting. They can kiss my a$$. and to all the sleepers here in this forum....you can kiss my a$$ too

[edit on 7-3-2008 by QBSneak000]

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by QBSneak000
Actually its not that hard for the government to find out who you are. We all had to put in our emails and a little bit of personal information into the ATS database just to sign up.

You missed my point.

Things can be connected to an account

However, although it is usually the case that the person who owns the account is the poster, in these days of open wireless connections, zombie trojans and hackers - and stupid folk who leave windows remote assistance turned on - it is not always the case that the person who owns the account is the poster.

If you post (as a lot of people do, myself included) from multiple locations (depending on work etc) then you may not have exclusive use of the computer you are posting from.

So like I said, unless someone is monitoring your exact location to the second when you account is posted on, its hard to nail *you* to it.

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 10:04 AM
link   
I see your point and raise you an I stand corrected

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 10:43 AM
link   
I've never been concerned one bit. I'll always speak what's on my mind, popular opinion or government be damned.

Besides, it is the height of arrogance to think the government would care about anything we'd have to say on here. Who cares what a bunch of nerds (and I say that with every bit of love and respect, lumping myself in) have to say on a forum? Why would the government waste time and resources monitoring this when the signal-to-noise ratio is pretty low?

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Actually ATC is the only place I use a screen name. Not quite sure why I did that, I suppose It was easier then Jeffrey Trochelman. I use my real name in all my posts online.I do this to hold myself in check. I do have a tendency to get a tad out of line.
In my case it is somewhat of a moot point. I have sent tons of very harsh emails and letters to my alleged representatives. I have in the past given the clown boys at TSA somewhat of a tongue lashing, so I suspect someone may see me as a pain in their arse.
I just purchased another Glock so I guess those folks are ok with me.
I just had this very same discussion with a friend. He is an x-Marine ( well once a Marine always a Marine ) and a former Secret Service Agent. He is a cautious man and said something I found disturbing. " Now is the time to become a gray person " He is the real deal. And to the OP , yes I have on occasion held my tongue. Scary times my friend.

posted on Mar, 9 2008 @ 09:02 AM
link   
I can relate to what drock905 is saying, maybe it is human nature to think like that, who knows. I don't really worry though, most of the time im a full time lurker. By the time i'v thought of an appropriate reply, typed it out, corrected spelling lol, the time to post it is to late and it would'nt make sense because the topic of the op has changed. Also, at the end of the day, we are not really doing anything wrong, it is not against the law to be knowledgeable or to express an opinion in a constructive manner.

posted on Mar, 9 2008 @ 09:19 AM
link   
i would not worry about the gov. they could care less about people on here and their post, they feel we are powerless and will not fight back like the puppets most people are. most are afraid to bite the hand that feeds them.

top topics

join