It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A thought about space.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Hi all this is my first post. I have been tossing this around in my mind for some time.

I was watching Stan Deyo on how they have figured out anti-gravity. And a thought came to me.

What if space is a fluid, and not a vacumn? This would explain alien apce travel. If space is a fluid, then it could slow light down, so what we think is millions of light year away, could actually be very close.

Also, if space is a fluid, and you could find a way to "cut" through it, you can travel, in a way, faster then light. This may be why the ships glow. They could be using a field of electricity to "cut" though space, or even gravity itself?

Your thoughts on this?

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 01:50 AM
link   
I remember reading something related to the same; they say the dark matter and dark energy could be of dark fluid that permeates the whole universe. But this is a new idea and have many issues.

Check this out

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 08:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Maligui

One of the more recent thoughts about time/space is how it is shaped. This can go back to a book that was written about shapes in a 2 dimensional world, and the name escapes me at the moment, sorry. But they had no idea about 3 dimensions. The trick is, they could have been living on the outer edge of a globe, but still seen the land as flat. Our current point of view is the same with space. Picture a piece of paper, then wad it up into a ball. That, could be our space/time. To us, it seems nice and "flat", but it could really be very easy to go from point A to point B by finding those "folds" in space/time. Quantum mechanics state that light travels in all possible paths between point A and point B, but we only see 1 path. If we can figure out those other paths and use them, who knows what that might lead to.

posted on Mar, 8 2008 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Hoagland describes the 3 rd dimension in his new book,but its of course none of his theories and therefore the only interesting and believable part of his book.

Mod Note: All Caps – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 15-3-2008 by Jbird]

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 01:00 PM
link   

HOAGLAND DESCRIBES THE 3 RD DIMENSION IN HIS NEW BOOK

Name? Paraphrase what he is saying in his book. 3rd dimension is depth, space is 5th? right? 4th is time?

Don't take my word for it, I'm slightly tired, and maybe off. Do let me know about this book he has written about.

TIA

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 10:09 PM
link   
But what would be the fluid? the whole point of dark matter is that it is Matter and has mass. we have experienced around the earth as a zero friction are ( excluding cosmic winds and such) local space is a vacuum from its properties. but there could be something to this as a posable explanation for the deep space probe phenomenon.

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 12:04 PM
link   
As you see, the earth itself has the ionosphere, so like I said above, If we could "cut" through the "liquid" with a electric field (or electromagetic field), we could perhaps travel easily though space, maybe time (I'm still on the fence on whether time travel is possible).

But, it's being tossed aroun din my head from time to time. So I thought I could throw it out here, and see what all of you think.

new topics

top topics

join