It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Frequent Showings of: "Independence Day" & "Deep Impact"...???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Has anyone else noticed how often & frequent the movies "Independence Day" & "Deep Impact" have been playing on TV lately..??

I not a very avid TV watcher anymore, but I've notice lately since the beginning of this year as my dad flipped through the channels he would always come across the movies: "Independence Day" or "Deep Impact" every other day or so.

well its been a lil over 2 months into this year now and I've increasingly noticed that they sure are playing those movies alot. just look at the tv-guide listings for them..

Here are the TV-Guide air date Listings for these movies on the TV-Guide website

independence-day
www.tvguide.com...
deep-impact
www.tvguide.com...

makes you wonder if they're trying to prepare us for something to happen real soon...
Ahaaaaan "Project Blue Beam" ...????

[edit on 6-3-2008 by GUMBAZ]

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 12:45 AM
link   
I couldn't disagree more. I also see Underworld Evolutions on at least one movie channel every day, that doesn't mean they are preparing us for the coming war between vampires and werewolves.

Come to think of it, Buffy seems to be on a lot lately too.....

posted on Mar, 8 2008 @ 05:23 AM
link   
The fact that independence day was played so much even after 9/11 was one of the first/main things pointing me to a conspiracy.

In a time when they're cracking down so hard on violence of any kind, it's impossible to justify showing cities and important buildings getting blown the f up.

I'm just really sick of that movie now I guess.

posted on Mar, 8 2008 @ 07:01 AM
link   
That's not really a violent scene by human perception. When you get up close and personal with one for few victims and show them get hurt, that is. It's like the saying "one death is a tragedy, million deaths is a statistic".

posted on Mar, 8 2008 @ 07:17 AM
link   
channels need to pay the movie company when they show a movie, the price goes down over time, as any big movie drops into the price bracket of a channel, they show it as soon as possible, there are uasually quite a few channels that have the same price bracket and with big movies such as the ones you mentioned, a group of channels with simular budgets are likely to put them on within a couple of weeks of each other.

if you watched tv more you might have noticed this happening before, as it is i'ld imagine you noticed these programmes because you are more sencitive to movies with an apocoliptic theme because you have an interest in these themes.

if you noticed the same thing around 9/11 its probably the same thing happen then with bigger channels or perhaps the tv channels felt ''america faces down advercity and wins'' movies would have been popular viewing at the time.

posted on Mar, 8 2008 @ 07:52 AM
link   
I don't own a TV myself, but noticed at my girlfriends house that during the recent meteor frenzy they played Deep Impact, and the other movies having to do with meteor crashing into earth.

And over the past few months a lot of alien movies have been played, especially in the months right after the Larry King episodes talking about aliens last year.

Conspiracy or not, the frequency of these movies appeared to increase because each of the times I turned on her tv there could be found at least one alien or disaster movie playing on a channel. It could be that they are just playing off what people are interested in at the moment.

Of course I honestly think it is to prepare the population.

posted on Mar, 8 2008 @ 08:48 AM
link   
I too have notice Deep Impact has had much more air time lately. This movie was buried by Armageddon will Bruce Willis for several years.

I think someone is making a politic statement with this movie, need I say more Mr. President.

top topics

join