It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stupid Texans Can't Drive in Winter Weather

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 09:21 PM
link   
You would have thought that we were living in Point Zero, Alaska. We get just a little bit of snow and it's instant grid-lock. The usual dumb drivers turned into complete idiots. There were cars off the side of the road in the ditch and you were lucky to get up to 10 m.p.h. at any time. I swear I could have walked home quicker than I drove. I don't mean that in a ha ha funny way. I mean I seriously could have walked home quicker.

3 and a half hours. That's what the usual 35 min drive home from work turned into. So if you haven't seem me around today it's because I spent half of it driving home.

On a nicer note, the snow was pretty. Yall keep in mind that this is Dallas, TX... in March. Meh, must be Global Warming that the Great Al Gore keeps talking about.

[edit on 6-3-2008 by dbates]

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 10:43 PM
link   
We got 8 inches in Little D... that's moderate for most standards, but unprecedented for here!

[edit on 6-3-2008 by asmeone]

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 10:48 PM
link   
You are absolutely correct! Give us one drop of snow or a couple of ice patches and you will see red brake lights all over the highway. My brother in law lives up there around you and Asmeone (in Denton). He said the same thing: it's beautiful but people suddenly forget how to drive.

How you do think we feel down here in San Antonio? At least Dallas gets snow every year. San Antonio snow comes along once a decade. People don't just forget how to drive: they completely stop driving because all the highways get closed down. That is how inept we are down here.

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 11:08 PM
link   
WOW i never knew that they get snow in texas lol i thought it was pretty mush desert there but what would i know i dont rlly care that much for texans cuz i live in canada so ya im used to the snow lol but can some one tell me what its like in texas?

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 02:32 AM
link   
Uh hate to break it to ya Dbates but Texans just can't drive.

True Candian: ok think of hell, got that picture in your mind? ok Texas is 10 times worse!
cause there are Texans in it. LMAO

Sorry sorry I can't help it.

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

Well, around here (in Texas) when you lose your job, your wife runs off, your dog dies, the bank takes your house, and your car has 4 flat tires. Even after all that, you can still look at yourself in the mirror and say...

"Well, at least I'm not Canadian....eh"

[edit on 7-3-2008 by dbates]

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Dbates, I am Texas born and raised and I can tell you that it never fails. :shk: Here in Waco, we got a little snow on the ground and freaking schools are staying closed until 10 A.M...
It's rather funny to me.

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
Uh hate to break it to ya Dbates but Texans just can't drive.

We have some of the rudest drivers in the U.S, yes..

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by True Candian
WOW i never knew that they get snow in texas lol i thought it was pretty mush desert there

Hell, no!! Texas actually has pine trees!!! Yeah, imagine that..
I have to laugh about northerners misconceptions about Texas... The only part of Texas that is desert are portions of West Texas

[edit on 7-3-2008 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Al gore is a douche. next thing you know he'll be talking about manbearpig.

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 11:00 AM
link   
I am a Texan and I can't drive in winter weather.

I drove up to Philly and they damn near put an all points bulletin out about me. I was sliding into everything.

Peace

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
We have some of the rudest drivers in the U.S, yes..

Have you ever been to Boston? Bostonians will honk their horn at the drop of a hat!
Texans seem to use their horn sparingly but dang those Bostonians scare me. A leaf falls in the road? HONK! Someone didn't use their blinker? HONK! Someone pulls out of their driveway 50 years behind you? HONK! The light has been green for .001 seconds and the car in front of you hasn't moved? HONK!

[edit on 3/7/2008 by AshleyD]

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by dbates

I have had the opportunity to live all over the country. Born and raised for most of my life in the suburbs of Chicago.

I then lived near Duluth Minnesota, on to Arizona, and now in Louisiana.

Snow? Heck, that is easy. What baffled me was living in Arizona, which has people from Canada, and many parts of the US. People freak out in Arizona if there is a rain storm. I was convinced that most drivers in Arizona got their license out of a cereal box, or popcorn treat box to drive with there.

Maybe it was just the awe of the fact it was raining, or it could have been that Arizona was just having "weather," for a change, but it was rather amazing to see people trying to navigate on a rain slicked road.

Actually, I think the terrible driving had to do with people trying to figure out where there wiper blade function was on the car, since they rarely use it!

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Wow.. I ,too, never knew Dallas got any snow..

It looks beautiful!!! Last time I saw snow was about 3 years ago.. I miss it.

reply to post by AshleyD

Omg thats just the way the people are here!!! ugh..Before I moved here, I had never heard so many horns, that goes off here in only one day!!, go off in my whole life... >_<
:bnghd:

BEEP!!! BEEP!! BEEEEEEEEEEP!!

[edit on 7-3-2008 by minnie]

posted on Mar, 8 2008 @ 07:24 AM
link   
reply to post by dbates

Im not from Canada
I was born in Michigan raised in Colorado and live in Florida. Now hows that for screwed up?

posted on Mar, 8 2008 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Hey listen...I live in Canada. We are very used to getting snow...by the foot I might add. And yet, everytime there's even half an inch on the ground people slow down to snail's pace. It's very annoying!

Our speed limit on the highways is 100 km/h...and last night my husband said the highest he got up to was 30! I understand slowing down and being cautious..but there are lots of numbers between 30 and 100 sheesh!

Your pictures are very pretty by the way. As much as I HATE snow and cold, there's nothing prettier than when the houses and trees are covered in snow.

Michelle

posted on Mar, 8 2008 @ 10:51 PM
link   
well i like the snow but i love canada more then anything but the reason i like the snow is cuz its just part ov my life and thats its going to be there every year but what can i do about it. but if u ever come to canada i welcome u and now go home lol

Cheers To Canada

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by minnie
Wow.. I ,too, never knew Dallas got any snow..

[edit on 7-3-2008 by minnie]

Yeah, it actually gets below thirty degrees downs here!!! Really, when I went up north, I couldn't believe all of the misconceptions about Texas' climate... "Does it ever get below seventy down there in Texas?" :shk::shk:

"Huh?"
"Does it ever get below seventy in Texas?Do you own cattle?Do you live on a ranch? Do you drive a Cadillac with steer horns on the grill?"
Poor,yanks... Gotta love em'.
:shk:

[edit on 10-3-2008 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Bah! I'm in Green Bay, WI. Trust me, probably 90% of the idiots up here can't drive in the winter either. Gets even worse when somebody comes here from Michigan or Illinois. :bnghd:

top topics

join