It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Huge Corona Around the Sun Today - Los Angeles

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by wheresmybentonite

You seem to be getting the hang of posting your pics...Kudos WMB!

You got a few subjects rolling around:

1. Sun Coronas
2. Chemtrails
3. Possible? UFO sighting

Know what you have to do now? lolol

Start a new thread!!! Wooohooo!

This is getting interesting...

~Ducky~

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 11:40 AM
link   
I saw it! I saw it! BUT due to my inexperience I am having trouble saving and finding the pic after I enlarged it. I have to actually do some work so I'll work on it and post it then.
I have iphoto and I enlarged it and clicked "done" but I don't know where the final product went to. More investigation.

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 11:41 AM
link   
The circle around the sun is whats known in the meterological world as a halo. The one you photographed is called a 22 degree circular, which is one of the most common of the halo types. It is caused by the refraction of sunlight in ice crystals, found in cirrus and cirrostratus clouds at around 30,000ft in the atmosphere

Nothing unusual about it at all

Great pic to

Link to all the halo types below

www.atoptics.co.uk...

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Welcome, wheresmybentonite!

The ATS Freshman's Forum is a great place to discuss the complexities of the ATS universe and to get advice from rookies and veterans alike.

Asala has a new member thread here: Hey new members!! Come here if you need advice.

There are lots of handy tips available in the Handbook of ATS Links.

Here’s a list of forum related threads:
Index of Important Website Related Threads

Configuring your MyATS page is the easiest way to put the ATS universe at your fingertips.

Be sure to check out Social Issues on AbovePolitics. I'm sure you will find the atmosphere to be friendly, enlightening, and rewarding.

Here's an excellent little, unobtrusive spell checker in case you need one: ieSpell 2.5.1 build 106

A convenient text editor also comes in handy when composing those epic posts: EditPad Lite.

Sooner or later you will find a use for TinyURL!™.

Don’t forget to set up the “Comments” section in your profile, so folks can drop by to say, “Hi!” All it takes is a “Howdy” from you to get the ball rolling.

Oh, and visit the Automotive Discussion forum.

Grady

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Oh Ducky, I am getting in DEEP. And I love it!!! I will go through each and every one of the chemtrail/corona pics to see if there are any more silver orbs/ufos. Good thing tomorrow is Saturday. And of course, that's what insomnia is for.

I have a friend who is a scientist who said he'd help get some analysis done on chemtrail samples, as he wants to present this whole mess to his faculty but be fully prepared. He, himself, had noticed them before but didn't give it too much thought. Now, he's rightfully deeply upset and is going to spread the word.

THANK YOU, LEE for pointing this out!

Yes, Ducky, I'll start another thread later. Dang, I hate to leave this but duty calls.

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 11:59 AM
link   
What is interesting about that "trail" is how it twists, almost like a strand of DNA, I do see something in that pic right before the "twist"

Welcome to ATS, one and all!

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Dear OzWeatherman,

Thanks for the halo information. I guess it looked even freakier as it was involved with the murky layers of chemtrails. Now, I'll get my terminology correct, at least.
Now, I have a weatherman to consult with! Thanks again!

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by interestedalways

What is interesting about that "trail" is how it twists, almost like a strand of DNA

YEAH...I noticed that one too. Spiral effect.

What's up with that?

~Ducky~

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Grady,

Thanks for the advice re Freshman's Forum. I stopped by there quickly yesterday but I had an overload of ants in my pants to post my pics. I'll go to ATS school and get more proficient at being a good member for my sake and everyone else's.

This stuff is so addicting...I'll have to double up on the gym so my bee-hind doesn't get too big. Now... where are those Oreos?

Best,

WMB

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by OzWeatherman
The circle around the sun is whats known in the meterological world as a halo. The one you photographed is called a 22 degree circular, which is one of the most common of the halo types. It is caused by the refraction of sunlight in ice crystals, found in cirrus and cirrostratus clouds at around 30,000ft in the atmosphere

Nothing unusual about it at all

Great pic to

Link to all the halo types below

www.atoptics.co.uk...

Yes this is true.

So what's so special about these pictures? I'm confused, is it the trails?

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 12:18 PM
link   
I, too, noticed the "DNA" style. Plus that sun halo --- not corona--- looks like an iris and pupil, a big eye watching us, huh! I have some other pics where I see a few faces. I know, I know. Everyone has picked shapes out of clouds. And a little imagination goes a long way; But be that as it may, I still see faces and I'll post those as soon as I can.

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by _Phoenix_

Check out interestedalways post ^^^ up there, then check out the pic.

Spiralling DNA?

~Ducky~

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Gotta go bring home the bacon right now...off to work. I'll see you folks this evening!

Have fun WMB! Talk with you soon!

~Ducky~

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 12:24 PM
link   

This is the picture that stuck out for me, did the sun actually have that dark ring around it? It is hard to look at the sun and most people never do, so if you are one to look at the sun, is this really an oddity or does it always have this dark ring to differing degree's ?

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Hi Phoenix,

Well, they were mighty unusual to me and I have just recently started researching chemtrails so there you go. I've been an ATS fan for some time now and I wanted to share some cool pix and get some info. And now I have an explanation for it. There's so much to learn here and share. A great many people here are more knowledgeable than I am, so some of my info may seem mundane to some. It's still great getting feedback to encourage more research. I look forward to posting something new to everyone. Now...to find it....

Best,

WMB

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Something is so up on the West Coast of America, and I bet it has to do with E.T.'s getting pissed and Government cover ups and red herrings, false flags.
I again think of Dark4knights threads here about signs in the skies. Time to have a plan folks were about to move into the unknown...

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

Another good point.

I looked at the pic in the site linked by OzWeatherman for comparison but it didn't look anything like this pic so couldn't grab any insight there.

Anyone else have "halo" pics for comparison?

Duckster, don't work to hard!

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by wheresmybentonite
Hi Phoenix,

Well, they were mighty unusual to me and I have just recently started researching chemtrails so there you go. I've been an ATS fan for some time now and I wanted to share some cool pix and get some info. And now I have an explanation for it. There's so much to learn here and share. A great many people here are more knowledgeable than I am, so some of my info may seem mundane to some. It's still great getting feedback to encourage more research. I look forward to posting something new to everyone. Now...to find it....

Best,

WMB

Yeah it's great, I took some pictures of extra suns before and later found out they are called sun dogs.

By the way, on a full moon's clear night, I think when the air is cold, you might see a full halo around it like this, it's VERY beautiful, when you see it with your own eyes, it is better than any picture can show you, in real life it just looks bigger and better. It's almost identical to your sun one, but the moon is easier to look at with your eyes. The halo is amazing.

Here's some picture I found of it, but trust me it's much better in real life.

home.hiwaay.net...

www.stormvideographer.com...

www.subtend.net...

www.venustransit.pghfree.net...

russian.wunderground.com...

cdn4.libsyn.com...

Interesting stuff.

[edit on 7-3-2008 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Hi Antar,

I looked at the sun through some Revo sunglasses which are made of some super duper UV filtering glass. Not for long, though. And, yes, it looked dark like that. So I just held up my camera and snapped away. I don't know if this is typical of a sun halo or not but I'm guessing the "particulates" in the air certainly affected the density (if that's the right word) and reflectivity and any other meteorological word that applies. Ice crystals, aluminum, barium, all reflective, I believe, and, yes, normal (unfortunately) pollutants (smog) here in L.A.
Plus there was the rainbow-ish effect on the rim of the halo. And then the added bonus of the chemtrails, that big fatty DNA-ish monster. And then it turns out that my pic was "super-sized" ,as Lee pointed out a silver orb. Phew! That enlargement I'll post later when I figure out this iphoto program on my Mac.

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Looking at this picture made me think, what if the tragic catastrophes we face will be sun related, look at the crack towards the bottom. It would be interesting if the 'aliens' were to step in and help us with this problem when the solar maximum comes around the year 2011-2012. Now I am just speculating, using my imagination, ok.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join