It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Huge Corona Around the Sun Today - Los Angeles

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Hey ATS,

I have been reading this site for some time now and today I HAD to join because of the pics I'm going to post when I figure out where to put them. I'm thinking "chemtrails". BUT what prompted me to join was because of the appearance of the sun. I took about 100 photos but I'll post four when I figure out how to do it.

I am in Sherman Oaks, California and at approximately 12:30 p.m., my roommate called me from Burbank to tell me to check out the sun. There was 3-5 mile wide dark corona; maybe even 10 miles wide depending on how high it was...but I have never seen anything like it. In addition, there were chemtrails being laid on top of an already slurry sky. I was knocked out by what I saw and even drew it to the attention of a woman getting in her car. She responded with a "wow, must be the sun peeking through the clouds" Doh!

If anyone can explain this.... please do. I'm very excited to be on ATS!!!

[edit on 6-3-2008 by wheresmybentonite]

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Hello and Welcome!

I can't wait to see your pics.

Once you have figured out to download them to your computer, check out a neat site called PhotoBucket. It's free to join, and most of us at ATS use it alot to download our pics to post in our threads.

~Ducky~

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Thank you, Ducky, very much. I just went to photobucket and let's see if this works. I'm going to copy and paste the link. Sort of hit and miss for me but I'll get it right eventually. Thanks again for the guidance.

s255.photobucket.com...

Hope it works. If anyone is able to view them, please let me know and comment away. I was floored by what I saw today.

Best,

Wheresmybentonite

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Oh, by the way, I did not enhance these photos in any way. I used a Sony Cybershot 8.1 and had it on Auto to start with. I changed settings to landscape, beach and snow as I didn't know how any of them would turn out pointed directly at the sun. But that's it. No fiddling with contrast or brightness. The weird shades are just that. It was eerie. And the filtered sunlight on the ground cast a weird shadow. Remember blue sky, green grass, yellow flowers? Everything is dimming and fading. Sad. What's worse is that people just aren't noticing ... YET.

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Very Awsome shots you got.
the first one is my faverite, and would
be really cool blown up.

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by wheresmybentonite

Hey my friend! Little *Tip* (you'll love me for it!)

1. Click on your photobucket linky.
2. Click on the IMG Code under your pic, then right click to copy/paste in your thread.

Try it!

~Ducky~

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Anything like that in LA the first thing I'd suspect is smog. That really makes for some interesting coronas around the sun.

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 10:31 PM
link   
i255.photobucket.com...

Like this, Ducky? Check out this big, fat chemtrail. (I hope I did it correctly.

I do love you for the tips!

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 10:32 PM
link   
i255.photobucket.com...

Hmmmm. Another chemtrail. I know you've all seen them but this is my first day posting and I'm all excited.

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Hi Jerico65, I have lived here since 1981 and have NEVER seen this as a result of smog. Here's how the day started. Blue-ish... streaked with chemtrails that gradually spread, criss-crossed each other... the sky was already milky and marbled...and then this. Our smog is lower and dirty....not opaque like this. Now....I'm not declaring this to be anything other than astoundingly strange...and in my experience...freakish...not the beloved smoggy stuff that we're all used to here. Thanks for looking at the photos and commenting. (I'm not claiming to be right...I am justifiably freaking about the chemtrails and this sight sure didn't help!)
Hmmmm, maybe smog mixed with chemtrails *sigh*.

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 10:44 PM
link   
That sure is a pretty chemtrail-corona, I took a pic of a chemtrail-rainbow here in OC myself. There we alot of trails today, I got a few pics of the "culprits" too, so we'll see what I can pull out of them if anything...new that is.

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Thanks Leeza. It was just point and shoot. I'm torn. Beautiful but Evil. Yikes. What happened to rainbows and skittles?

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Shakesbeer, so you think it was from chemtrails, as well. And you're in OC so you know what our smog does and doesn't look like. i WISH it WAS just smog...pathetic statement THAT is.

Got military helicopters flying over sometimes twice a day, two at a time. Some black, some gray camo. Mommmmmmmyyyyyyy, I'm scared.

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by wheresmybentonite

Like this:

Woww!!! That's quite the pic!

~Ducky~

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Thank you for posting these pictures!

I have seen a halo around the sun as well but it's been a couple of years. It appeared after heavy trails were laid in the sky.

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 10:42 AM
link   

photobucket link test of chemtrail

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Taken 3/06/08-12:30 p.m.

[edit on 7-3-2008 by wheresmybentonite]

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 10:58 AM
link   
[edit on 7-3-2008 by h3akalee]

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by wheresmybentonite

I think i see a U.F.O on this picture !

Follow the main contrail up on the left side 3/4 of the way up and look for the tiny silver orb.

Take care.

Regards
Lee

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 11:09 AM
link   
oops I double posted a pic. I'll get this right eventually.

Lee! I don't see it so I'm going to my original image and enlarge to see if I can see it. OMG!

[edit on 7-3-2008 by wheresmybentonite]

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join