It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Bush planning to use the economic crisis to seize power?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 07:33 PM
link   
In 2007, Bush signed an executive order that gives him the right to seize control under a number of conditions.

www.whitehouse.gov...

(b) "Catastrophic Emergency" means any incident, regardless of location, that results in extraordinary levels of mass casualties, damage, or disruption severely affecting the U.S. population, infrastructure, environment, economy, or government functions;

-snip-

(6) The President shall lead the activities of the Federal Government for ensuring constitutional government. In order to advise and assist the President in that function, the Assistant to the President for Homeland Security and Counterterrorism (APHS/CT) is hereby designated as the National Continuity Coordinator. The National Continuity Coordinator, in coordination with the Assistant to the President for National Security Affairs (APNSA), without exercising directive authority, shall coordinate the development and implementation of continuity policy for executive departments and agencies. The Continuity Policy Coordination Committee (CPCC), chaired by a Senior Director from the Homeland Security Council staff, designated by the National Continuity Coordinator, shall be the main day-to-day forum for such policy coordination.

It would seem that if we have a serious economic problem, Bush can seize control. That would certainly eliminate the little problem with Congressional opposition that he's been experiencing lately, as well as the looming elections.

Was it planned?

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 05:38 AM
link   
After reading this order, one would definitely think so.

I think plans such as the ones we're discussing here have been on the books and in the works for centuries now. It's just never been possible to put it all together in such a way that the Elites could seize control in a short enough time to make any large, significant changes for themselves.

The major question now though shouldn't be what's going to happen next, but what should we do once power is completely seized? The true measure of what it means to be an American will then show itself...

TheBorg

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 06:25 AM
link   
reply to post by TheBorg

i agree with what you say...we have elected officials, that are suppose to be representing the best interests of the american populace. since they have compitulated to the "changes" in our law, there is 3 choices. either change government by massive protests, a forceful revolt, or leave the country. and since i have no illusion that a "hollywood ending" will come out of this, i'll be quietly packing my bags, and liquadating my assets. i have no stomach for the other alternatives. they tend to have dire consequences for both the individual, and the family members connected to him. fear is a powerful motivator, as you well know, and it has, is , and will be used to further "agendas" already planned. i applaud you for your courage and effort to fight this, if you do.

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

For there is no greater deed a man can do than to rise up in defense of his country when it needs it most. THIS is what it means to be a patriot. To "rise up in defense of his country" can be construed in any number of ways, and could also be applicable in any number of fashions, but I think only one of them applies right now. That one is the loud protest one.

Forceful revolt is an issue that was discussed at length during the founding of this great nation, and as such, anyone interested in what was decided can read the Founder's memoirs.

TheBorg

[Edited for paragraph breakup.]

[edit on 7-3-2008 by TheBorg]

top topics

join