It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

All villagers 'banned from dying'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 06:37 PM
link   

All villagers 'banned from dying'

www.news.com.au

THE mayor of a French village has issued a decree banning residents from dying in his territory unless they own a spot in the overcrowded cemetery.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 06:37 PM
link   
I thought this had to be a joke by the mayor, but apparently not;

"The first dead person to come along, I'll send him to the state's representative," he said.

Mr Lalane said he had been inspired by the mayor of another French village, Cugnaux, who had also outlawed death as a protest last year and who thus won the right to enlarge the village's cemetery.

Well this certainly becomes one of the greatest examples of how little control we have over our own bodies that i have seen. Yes it is probably some little political stunt by a mayor, but still very odd.

www.news.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Wonder if they'll issue fines to the remaining family for breaking the law after someone has an accident or even a natural death.

What a buncha crap

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 07:32 PM
link   
This is just a totalitarian move, like China banning reincarnation.

Just a way to show off his power.

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Dude i love your signature

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by SilentShadow

Mr Lalane said he had been inspired by the mayor of another French village, Cugnaux, who had also outlawed death as a protest last year and who thus won the right to enlarge the village's cemetery.

He is just trying to get more room at the cemetery, It apparently is a hard thing to do real estate wise to allow dead people to be entured in a country as old as France.

I guess the real estate market for dead people in France is a tough commodity. Garnering more plot land in that country must be a tricky thing to do.

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
I guess the real estate market for dead people in France is a tough commodity. Garnering more plot land in that country must be a tricky thing to do.

Indeed... but i guess the problem like another poster has asked. If someone does actually die what law is he going to enforce and what is the punishment?

If it is just so he can get a bigger cemetery then i hope he gets his wish, however there were probably better ways to do it (admittedly maybe not as effective).

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Ha, I got a pretty good laugh out of this. I'm curious as to how the mayor of this little village plans on enforcing this.

apc

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 09:40 PM
link   
I applaud this mayor's efforts. Death is the leading killer in this country and many others.

So far there is no known treatment for death's crippling effects. Still, everyone can acquaint themselves with the three early warning signs of death:

1. Rigor mortis.

2. A rotting smell.

3. Occasional drowsiness.

Death just ain't what it used to be.

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by apc

Thanks for the laugh.
out of everyone's response I so laughed at this. I needed that.

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 01:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by apc
I applaud this mayor's efforts. Death is the leading killer in this country and many others.

So far there is no known treatment for death's crippling effects. Still, everyone can acquaint themselves with the three early warning signs of death:

1. Rigor mortis.

2. A rotting smell.

3. Occasional drowsiness.

Death just ain't what it used to be.

lol... that gave me a very good chuckle... thankyou for that.

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 01:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by SilentShadowIndeed... but i guess the problem like another poster has asked. If someone does actually die what law is he going to enforce and what is the punishment?

capital punishment ............ its the ultimate deterent

prepare l` guoilotine

new topics

top topics

join