It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bad Economic Crisis - how to survive

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 06:36 PM
link   
The present economic crisis could get very bad. It could perhaps turn into another Great Depression.

What's the best way to survive a Depression?

I know owning gold can be helpful, as can having some cash stashed away if inflation isn't a big concern.

I know getting out of debt is also a good thing to do, as well as storing some food items.

What other steps can a person take to insulate themselves from the worst in an economic collapse?

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 08:20 PM
link   
perhaps living close to another country might help. considering they dont experience side-effects from the depression. you could move there and get a job. hopefully they speak a language you understand and can converse in.

i believe the term is subsistence farming where you just farm to feed yourself/family. then you wouldnt really need much money. you could probably trade extra food for supplies if needed.

it would also be a good idea to have some way to protect self/food because for all the non prepared people(there will be alot) that might come to you door for help.

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 09:34 PM
link   
A sustainable food source and of course a way to protect it. 'Most' people will be unprepared.
If the 'I live in a city' thing applies to you, get out. Find a way. Now is your time to start practicing resourcefulness, not when it's too late! Excuses are far too plentiful to be of ANY value in this life. They can be the end of ya! Maybe you have family or friends in a better spot, or closer to a better spot?

Chickens, a Garden a start. Pigs, Cattle, Bigger Garden. It will simply be too much for some. It's amazing how lost a society can get in a few generations.

join