It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christians...how do you justify all of this?

page: 51
<< 48  49  50   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by woodwytch

Those passages are not fake. Go get a Bible and look them up for yourself. He nicely tells you where to find them all.

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Simplynoon, with all due respect, may I ask....

Do you not think that the Holy Spirit dwells in the Mothers nature?

Do you not feel the Holy Spirit in the flowers, animals, sun, stars, grass, water, EARTH?
LV

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Simplynoone

Simplynoon,

I know no one was trying to imply what kind of mother I am (at least I think so)...but I must tell you, I have over 10 Bibles in my home right now. 3 of them belong to the children, and the rest are mine. A favorite study of mine is my mothers Topical Bible, where one can search any word from the Bible and it gives the meaning and all the verses in the Bible where you will find that word. I absolutely love reading about our histories and beliefs. I find that The Most High is in the Bible, I find all the teachings rewarding in some way or another, but my ideas of the teaching might not be the same as the majority...but it is a way of peace and love, and this is where my spirit came in. It shined more, when I looked at the Bible from this perspective...to know Thee is to know Thy seed, know Thees vines by Thees seed. I cant help but to see Gods Most purest stream of eternal life as a stream of love, somehow in an orderly way. Since I find alot of contradictions in the Bible, I find it only wise to read carefully.

Peace,
LV

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 05:47 PM
link   
I love reading what the prophets for told, but I do take it with a grain of salt.

The star prophecy of a savior being found by a star is very old. But yet, it is astrology at its best, which is forbidden. So I cant hep but to see contradiction. Why would God work in the ways he says is bad...like astrology and killing? It is ignored too much how we have turned the Holidays of Christ into the same days of sun worship in the ancient days. The teachings of Thee should be humbly simple, so simple, the average eye wont see. Scriptures are good, and above all scriptures, I use the Bible. I think the main purpose of the prophets and of Christ was to show us how to live being humble, through CHOOSING to ignore ill desires, ignore tempting ways, and believing that by doing this, the spirit could dwell within them. To some, this would be like 'channeling'. To some, its undoubtable God. I believe, this kind of information can come from your higher self, a prime self that is always you in spirit, helping guide you to know your nature. A self helping the Samuel see. A story I love is when Jesus was to cure a blind man, and the blind man said 'I see men walking as trees' (or something like that)...then Jesus again touches him, and he then saw men walking as men. These are the kinds of verses I love. I think we have that 'brother/sister' tree/gaurdian angle/higher self....that can tune into the Pure Divine Father. What the truth is though, I am not to say.

I find it interesting that Jesus, of all people, went to learn in foreign lands. WHY I say....why would he need any other teachings, first he is God and second he had the history of his land, the only 'right history of God'. Egypt is so important in the history of the Bible and the lineage of Jesus (in my opinion). Jesus learned there and was safe there. To me, that speaks volumes, unlike many other things dont.

Best intentions, I thank you for always discussing things with me with out too much judgment, I truly respect seeing others views...

LV

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 06:56 PM
link   
I believe that God spirit is in the plants ...animals ...air etc ..as he is in us because Gods spirit is the breath of Life ......

But Jesus said ...I go to prepare a place for you ..I will not leave you comfortless I will send you a comforter ..(There is more needed than just the breath of life breathed into us at birth and breathed into plants etc which was the spirit of life ..otherwise why would Christ tell us once he dies we need the Comforter if we already had him in us ?)

Jhn 14:16 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;

Jhn 14:17 [Even] the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.

Jhn 14:18 I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you.

Jhn 14:19 Yet a little while, and the world seeth me no more; but ye see me: because I live, ye shall live also.

Jhn 14:20 At that day ye shall know that I [am] in my Father, and ye in me, and I in you.

This was the whole purpose for Pentecost ..They all RECIEVED the SPIRIT OF JESUS (the Holy Spirit ) ....
Act 2:1 And when the day of Pentecost was fully come, they were all with one accord in one place.

Act 2:2 And suddenly there came a sound from heaven as of a rushing mighty wind, and it filled all the house where they were sitting.

Act 2:3 And there appeared unto them cloven tongues like as of fire, and it sat upon each of them.

Act 2:4 And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance.

And This
Act 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
(Can a plant or a flower recieve this ? If so what would they need it for ?What would we need it for if it was already in us ?)
1Jo 2:27 But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him.
(It is an anointing and a teacher..a comforter ..the spirit of Jesus Christ which is not in us at birth ..it is something we need to RECIEVE of the father when we believe and accept him into our hearts minds souls and body .) ...
If we were already born with this ..why did Jesus have to die and rise again then >? And why would Jesus himself tells us we need to be baptized by the Holy Spirit in order to be born again >? It is a rebirth ..we were once born of flesh ..(The old man ) to be reborn of spirit (The new man) we cannot do it without the HOLY SPIRIT of Jesus CHRIST ...
Seriously if you read the word how have you missed all of this ?

Where did you hear that Jesus went to other lands to learn stuff ?The only [place I know of where it says anything about them going anywhere else was in Mat 2 ....Joseph was warned in a dream to flee to Egypt because Herod was going to kill the baby Jesus .
Mat 2:13 And when they were departed, behold, the angel of the Lord appeareth to Joseph in a dream, saying, Arise, and take the young child and his mother, and flee into Egypt, and be thou there until I bring thee word: for Herod will seek the young child to destroy him.

They stayed there until Harod was dead ..it does not say how long .
Mat 2:19 But when Herod was dead, behold, an angel of the Lord appeareth in a dream to Joseph in Egypt,

Mat 2:20 Saying, Arise, and take the young child and his mother, and go into the land of Israel: for they are dead which sought the young child's life.
(Notice Jesus is still a YOUNG CHILD when he returns to Israel )

And it also states later down in Mat 2 that he was sent to Egypt by God so that prophecy would be fulfilled .
Mat 2:15 And was there until the death of Herod: that it might be fulfilled which was spoken of the Lord by the prophet, saying, Out of Egypt have I called my son.

Then they are told in a dream that the new leader was also going to kill him
Mat 2:21 And he arose, and took the young child and his mother, and came into the land of Israel.

Mat 2:22 But when he heard that Archelaus did reign in Judaea in the room of his father Herod, he was afraid to go thither: notwithstanding, being warned of God in a dream, he turned aside into the parts of Galilee:

Mat 2:23 And he came and dwelt in a city called Nazareth: that it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the prophets, He shall be called a Nazarene.

Joseph and Mary were Jews ..even if Jesus was in Egypt for any long period of time (which he was not) they still would have schooled him in Jewish Texts (the OT) not in Egyptian religions ....

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by LeoVirgo

You continue to miss my point.

Old Testament - Obedience
New Testament - Faith

The Almighty demands obedience. First.

We only can approach him through Faith enabled by the sacrifice of His Son.

He never changes. He required His people to do certain things to take the land He promised them. The Israelites didn't need to know His reasoning, His understanding, His logic. They were simply required to obey.

One will note that each time they were punished and at times even hauled away, it was because of their disobedience.

Had the Israelites followed His instructions to the letter, there wouldn't be a lot of this turmoil over there now.

But He made them a promise that He would gather them from the nations, and that He would cause this to be a thorn in the side of all other nations, and that He would bring the multitudes against them so that He could destroy those enemies to show them again that He is their God.

His creation. His to destroy as He sees fit.

Again. His house. His rules.

And our personal justifications, beliefs, disbeliefs, lack of understanding, or whether or not it all fits in our perception of logic does not concern Him one whit.

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Just ask Jesus to forgive and give your heart to him and he will make life wonderful!

*dies laughing* you're kidding, right? I DID that- and my life has been complete HELL. I feel like I am being kept around for entertainment's sake!

if Jesus truly loved me- I wouldn't have lost my wife, my potential family- I'd have relatives- I'd have been able to pursue a career where my talents could have been used 100%, AND I would have been at least REMOTELY happy!

Am I?

NO.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 01:22 AM
link   
reply to post by wylekat

That happens to all of us .//everyone loses people they love ....I have lost like 6 people in my family alone lately.
Death is a part of life .And I believe that they were just taken out of the terrible troubles that are coming on this earth ..(they are at peace ) .And I am glad ..because they could not have handled what is about to take place here ..We will see them soon ....

1Th 4:13 But I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning them which are asleep, that ye sorrow not, even as others which have no hope.

1Th 4:14 For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him.

1Th 4:15 For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive [and] remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep.
Jhn 5:25 Verily, verily, I say unto you, The hour is coming, and now is, when the dead shall hear the voice of the Son of God: and they that hear shall live.
Jhn 5:28 Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice,

I disagree really that everything just gets great ..in fact it may get worse ..because satan wants you back and he will cause as much havoc as he can to get you to forget about it ..and walk away ...actually blaming God for allowing all of it to happen to you ...but in reality ...It really does make us stronger (the trials and troubles we endure in this world) ....and it makes us appreciate life alot more ...and appreciate everything even more .
We get refined like GOLD or a rough Diamond ...would ...it has to be sanded and polished ..so do we ..it is through these lifes trials (tested by fire) that we become the children of God that we are supposed to be ....the old man in us does not leave without a battle within ourselves and the outside world .which we live in ................and he is preparing us for his coming Kingdom through those trials ....

The word even says ..not to get worried or weak or troubled about what we go through now ..because in the end it will all be so worth it ..the sufferings wont even compare to what is in store for us with him ...in heaven or even on this earth during the reign of Christ .
Rom 8:18 For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time [are] not worthy [to be compared] with the glory which shall be revealed in us.

We will not even remember this stuff
Ecc 1:11 [There is] no remembrance of former [things]; neither shall there be [any] remembrance of [things] that are to come with [those] that shall come after.

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Simplynoone

Simplynoone,
Hello! I am sorry if I misunderstood and was a bit harsh and defensive. Thank you.

Now, I do believe that the Holy Spirit does bring us into a relationship with the Father and that every believer could give account beyond measure. The Spirit helps us FEEL God's love and mercy. We can talk to Him person to person (so to speak) and we can HEAR Him speak to us. I know that is more spiritual expression, but it really is not bible thumping. I believe we all can come into a spiritual relationship with THEE from our FAITH our belief in NATURE (nature also brings us close to the Father) and by seeking Him. The Spirit helps us FIND Him. Anyway that is what I think. Now, that being said, I also believe the accounts of the scripture and with my searching have come across some different accounts of some bible scholars. There is the account that maybe Moses being educated in Egypt knew of all their ways of worship. It was the custom in Egypt to make an ark for burial of the Pharaoh's and the measurements have been found to be the same for the Ark of the Covenant and also being made from wood covered with gold. Now I learned from the TBN network that the Ark could have made an electric charge from being carried in the desert being touched by the clothing (which was wool) could have done this. That could give the reason that Aaron had to have a special kind of clothing to get close to the ark and that was just once a year. It could also give the account of when Uzzah reached out to steady the Ark when helping to bring it back to Jerusalem was struck down. Maybe, just maybe, he was touched the electric charge from the Ark. Maybe, it wasn't God who struck down Uzzah but Moses. They also brought up the account that the Pharaoh that went after Moses and the others, heart was hardened by two of his priests and not God. They said maybe God didn't kill the Pharaoh and his army, but it was his own priests. Now the power from the staff that Moses had could have come from God, but maybe it was Moses that made the Red Sea close on his own accord and killed the Pharaoh and his army. Maybe, God didn't kill anyone. Which would be another thought of that account. One of the Ten Commandments of the Law is "THOU SHALL NOT KILL!" Can the Lord do what he commands us not to? The answer that comes to mind first off is of course He can, He is God, He can do whatever He wants.
Now keep in mind, this is what I saw on TBN and I am just giving it to you to chew on. Now, to the other question that was brought up about Satan. I do believe him to be real because I have fealt him. I think every Christian (follower of Christ) at some point on their path of doing the Lord's will in their life will come across Satan's path. The more you give your spirit over to God the more threat you are to Satan in his world. Also, during my near death experience about 2 days after, I became a person who was evil and made to hurt myself. I pulled out my pick line, hid and put a needle in my mouth and when the nurse came in I ate it. I also was told to wrap the I.V. tube around my neck and laughed thinking that would get them. My daughter was there and she can give an eye witness to this evil voice that had taken over my body and mind. All the time I knew deep inside what was happening to me and that I had to trust that the Lord was in me too and that He would fight this evil presence that I taken my body but not my spirit. I think because I saw many wonderful things when I almost died and I was given the chance to come back, I wonder if this evil mind that came over me was because Satan was angry that I didn't die and was telling me to kill myself. I do not know, but it is food for thought. I do know I am very happy that I did not listen to this evil voice and that the Lord cast it away from me.

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 04:39 PM
link   
I am sorry that this all got off of the main point. I just can't believe that there is not an evil spirit of this world. Yes, the bible explains it all to us but there are those who do not choose to believe that. I am not saying that they are wrong. I am just expressing my thoughts and I do not mean to make anyone upset.
I know we all have free will but as the Holy Spirit helps us to STAY in the right way with God could there be a spirit that helps someone to go on the wrong path. Just food for thought!

Anyway, I think whatever path one chooses to follow is good as long as it brings them into the fellowship of Christ and our Father. God knows each heart and our thoughts and I think that is enough for our Father.

Love is the greatest gift. John, Paul, Peter, and Luke all said so. Plus JESUS said so. To love our God with all our hearts, mind and soul and to love our brother the same as we love our God. Now the kind of LOVE they all were talking about really means to love as Jesus loved. He gave us the example how to treat our brothers and sisters even if they were not believers. If we could all be but like Christ!!!! What a world that would be

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 04:15 AM
link   
We kill when we must, and doeth what is to be done.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60
Great.
Now, just change it from Christianity to Islam.
Talk about how the Koran is false and Mohamed is an idiot.
Post it on youtube and along with it, post your name, address and phone number.
Talk about how stupid it is to obseve Friday, and how it is rediculous to pray towards Mecca, five times a day.
Do that, and I will tell you what I think about this video.
Go ahead and make a post on this forum, anouncing that you put up a video saying that Islam is detestable, so I can watch it.
BTW get a good life insurance policy.

Ahhh yes, the famous "Islam is so much more dangerous, brutish and primitive than my enlightened theological view.". Guess what? No excuse, your Bible orders the stoning of unruly children and the killing of those who wish to change your religious views, not to mention the sanctioning of child sacrifice. Also, lets not pretend you couldn't get plenty of death threats from Christians if you posted all your information along with this video. Likewise, I think it is of unsurpassed stupidity wasting even a minute of the only life you know you're going to have in church, not to mention an hour every week as defined by one of the seven critical precepts of the church(not that more than 5% of Christians actually attend mass weekly), so you're only a little bit ahead on the "pray to Mecca five times a day" by my scale.

As far as the video goes, it's very good, this is something more people need to become aware of, i.e-actually learning about their "good book".

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Seen similar proof and evidence at suddenreality, the website

top topics

<< 48  49  50   >>

join