Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Christians...how do you justify all of this?

page: 47
<< 44  45  46    48  49  50 >>

join

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 12:14 AM
link   
Im not here to be your friend or be nice. Im here to listen to myself talk because i could give to #s what you think or do. This is my way of communicating with myself. Not my fleash and Blood self the real me. The one you will not like at all. So keep your first grade comments to your self i dont read them your waisting your typing energy. Now then ok are we ready for a meterotic shower of fire and hail that will burn 1/3 of the earth? Good me too. Next are we ready for an impact of a asteroid in the ocean that will kill 1/3 of all ocean life and ship's? Good me too. Next are we ready for another atreroid impact on land that will seep into the underground water supply killing million's who drink it? Yes im ready too. Ok then we are ready for the valcanio eruption's all over the world that will darken 1/3 of the light and the moon will turn blood red. Yes cool this will be so cool to see don't you think? OK and when this is all over will will see 1.75 billion people dead and we will have no power, no food, and pestalance and disease will run rampade. But my preacher said i will be in this thingy call a rapture so i wont go through any of that. Then why the hell is your ass still here dumbass. Your preacher had a BAD interpitation of his Bible didnt he? Yes He did and you want to kill him dont you. yes you do. Well forgive Him he is only human. And there will arise faulse preacher's and faulse phrofets who will say I am the Christ. Believe them NOT!!!!!!! I have told you before.

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 12:52 AM
link   
reply to post by tshane18

Your the one with the shephard apparently so whos leading what sheep where where?

Thats the trouble with people like you, seek and ye shall find you say, but you havnt got the balls to study further than the bible..

You are so smug its funny.. wtf do you know about love all you can do is insult and judge, your a poor excuse for a Christian.

(Edit to add yes I just judged and insulted, dont quote me on it I was being spiteful)

[edit on 26-3-2008 by P-a-r-a-d-o-X-2]

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 12:57 AM
link   
reply to post by tshane18

3rd of the earth stuff..

Hiroshima ring any bells?

History will keep repeating when people dont 'let it go' and keep believing it will come then your easily led by people who are going to make it for you.

But you dont care about blue beam info, I told u the info came from a hardcore christian, yet I need meds,,

How old are you 14?

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 01:01 AM
link   
meg·a·lo·ma·ni·a /ˌmɛgəloʊˈmeɪniə/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[meg-uh-loh-mey-nee-uh] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
–noun
1. Psychiatry. a symptom of mental illness marked by delusions of greatness, wealth, etc.
2. an obsession with doing extravagant or grand things.
[Origin: 1885–90; megalo- + -mania]

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 01:06 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 01:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Dulcimer

Oops.. Just felt like my dad came in the room and said keep the noise down

Peace..

Im serious tho with megalomania! Not taking the p... the world is ran by them.. isnt just a religious thing. lol

Peace

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 01:18 AM
link   
I found this on ATS i forget the page.. what do you guys think?

The fifth trumpet is like a step by step description of the five month long Gulf War: Burning oil wells which smoke turned day into night, sworms of American Apache Helicopters coming out of the thick smoke, humiliation of the Iraqi troops. And it's all becoming really ironic when you get to know that Saddam means Destroyer:

1?And the fifth angel sounded, and I saw a star fall from heaven unto the earth: and to him was given the key of the bottomless pit.
2?And he opened the bottomless pit; and there arose a smoke out of the pit, as the smoke of a great furnace; and the sun and the air were darkened by reason of the smoke of the pit.
3?And there came out of the smoke locusts upon the earth: and unto them was given power, as the scorpions of the earth have power.
4?And it was commanded them that they should not hurt the grass of the earth, neither any green thing, neither any tree; but only those men which have not the seal of God in their foreheads.
5?And to them it was given that they should not kill them, but that they should be tormented five months: and their torment was as the torment of a scorpion, when he striketh a man.
6?And in those days shall men seek death, and shall not find it; and shall desire to die, and death shall flee from them.
7?And the shapes of the locusts were like unto horses prepared unto battle; and on their heads were as it were crowns like gold, and their faces were as the faces of men.
8?And they had hair as the hair of women, and their teeth were as the teeth of lions.
9?And they had breastplates, as it were breastplates of iron; and the sound of their wings was as the sound of chariots of many horses running to battle. 10?And they had tails like unto scorpions, and there were stings in their tails: and their power was to hurt men five months.
11?And they had a king over them, which is the angel of the bottomless pit, whose name in the Hebrew tongue is Abaddon, but in the Greek tongue hath his name Apollyon.
12?One woe is past; and, behold, there come two woes more hereafter.

Then we are where we are now. At the second woe. Is it the War Against Terror?

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 04:09 AM
link   
ironic, yes it think it is. truth, maybe not.

i´ll share the little bits ive been able to glean from this...

- tormenting for five months mentioned in verse 5 is probably not to be taken literal, because a locust´s livespan is about 5 months. so if you identify the locust, then you have the period of time this prophecy takes to furfill.

- verse 4´s grammer could imply that the green things and trees are general humankind because it says ¨only those men which have not the seal of God in their foreheads.¨ if its not all mankind, then it could mean people who claim to have the seal of god, or who claim to be true christians but are not. these are the one´s tormented by the locusts.

- the locust´s description could be figurative too.
- like horses they are ready for battle, see ephesians 6:14-18 - [11] Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.
[12] For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
[13] Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.

- and on their heads were as it were crowns like gold, were as it were or ¨seemed¨ in other translations. this could imply a group that would become kings but aren´t yet. earlier in the thread i was asked about what happened after death. i had shown scriptures about a group that would go to heaven to rule as kings.

- and their faces were as the faces of men. genesis 1:26 - god created man in his image. 1 John 4:16 - god is love. this could imply that the locust have that quality of love

- And they had hair as the hair of women, could very well show thier subjection to thier king Jesus.

- and their teeth were as the teeth of lions. they would be able to eat spiritual food? i corinth 3:[1] And I, brethren, could not speak unto you as unto spiritual, but as unto carnal, even as unto babes in Christ.
[2] I have fed you with milk, and not with meat: for hitherto ye were not able to bear it, neither yet now are ye able.

- And they had breastplates, as it were breastplates of iron;ephesians 6:14 this could mean that they are rightoues

- and the sound of their wings was as the sound of chariots of many horses running to battle.thier actions would not be unnoticed?

- stings from thier tails could be them preaching truth. this would sting and torment those who claimed to be true christians

again just another possible way of seeing it

if it is true, then this would imply that those who do have the seal of god, or those chosen to go to heaven, would be preaching. this would torment those who pressume to be followers of christ, tormenting them. this preaching would go on for thier entire lives (or the rest of thier earthly course).

so the identity of the locusts can be narrowed down to 4 religions?

[edit on 26-3-2008 by miriam0566]

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 05:59 AM
link   
reply to post by BlackOps719

what better way to see who's made of what? those partaking in the savagery thought they were passing the ultimate test with flying colours, when in fact they were sealing their miserable fates. p.s., what if god was one of us? p.s.s. hello woodwytch...EVERYTIME i come to ats i find YOU

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by miriam0566

That sounds like what the adherents of 'Joel's army' preach. Dominion theology.
I used to be in some of their affiliate churches.

They believe that they will take the world by force and hand it to Jesus at his return.

Just another name for a crusade. Part of the Strong Delusion.

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Clearskies
reply to post by miriam0566

That sounds like what the adherents of 'Joel's army' preach. Dominion theology.
I used to be in some of their affiliate churches.

They believe that they will take the world by force and hand it to Jesus at his return.

Just another name for a crusade. Part of the Strong Delusion.

lol

no i was just saying that it may refer to ¨the gospel being spread¨ not jihad

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 07:19 PM
link   
I couldn't remember much about the author of "Revelations" except that his name was John so I went looking and found the following link. It's rather long but an interesting read none the less.

www.religioustolerance.org...

I don't begrudge Christians or anyone else their beliefs, in fact I say, "More Power to Ya!" At least you believe in something! But, if you're going to believe in something doesn't it make since to know what you are believing in? I mean it's one thing to read and study the Bible, be able to quote from it at will, and use it's passages to make a point, but what's behind the words? Who wrote it? What kind of ppl where they? and above all, what were they basing their information on? Don't these questions come into play somewhere in the belief system of Christian followers?

Who was John? According to the above link it depends on which Christian doctorine you're discussing it with. Christians can't even decide, amongst themselves, which John actually wrote Revelations, not to mention what kind of life that man might have been living when he wrote it.

I write fiction as a hobby, I have a huge imagination and love to spin a story, the more dramatic the better. I can get lost in one of my stories and be lost for days in the fantasy of it all. If I wrote a story about some of the things in my imagination and called it a vision would you believe it? What if I told you that one day it would all come true and all you had to do is have faith and all your troubles would go away? That's what is so disturbing about Revelations. In fact it's what's so disturbing about most of the Bible, and for that matter Christianity as a whole.

Christians aren't saying, "Here's our legends, our history, and our beliefs, we'd love to have you join us". Christians are saying, "Here's our book, read it, learn it, commit it to memory, and then you better damn well believe it or you're going to burn for eternaty!" That's why you are met with so much anger and hostility. Even when you're nice about it the message is the same, and for anyone with a questioning mind, this just doesn't fly.

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 09:59 PM
link   

I may not be a christian nor do we consider ourselves christian but i am LDS, or what you may know me as 'mormon'. anywho what i can tell you that things that were put in the bible where the things they had at the time. and god wanted what was in it, not us. we didnt go thru and pick all the good ones and leave out the 'bad'. it was more of what god wanted and what we had at the time. we do have another book also known as the book of mormon which bare other records, but in the bible it simply states that you cannot add anything to the bible at that time and the records in the BOM(book of mormon) was simply written before the last book in the bible. all that was put in these books was written before Revelations, stating,
"if any man shall add unto these thing, God shall add unto him plagues that are written in this book." Revelations 22:18
so its not exactly our choice in what goes into the bible or book of mormon, but there are other records that are yet to be found we just arent ready for them yet. when the time is right only god then will reveal the other book(s). when i do not know, nor what book he will give us or how many are there. that will be revealed both far off and very near. but i do know there are other records that are either hidden by a man of god or havent been discovered. i cant explain everything because i only know so much. if you have any questions related to the Bible or Book of Mormon, ask me and ill try to answer as much as i can.

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 06:47 AM
link   

I havn't ready anyone elses posts but the OPs. I think the answe to your question is this is how it's justified in my opinion. God is omnipotent but humans are not although it's the word of god it's man who wrote it down so he is flawless but we are so flawed that we didn't always get his word at complete face value. But for the most part the bible writters got it right and the ten commandments if followed will infact always improve your life.
And the 2nd is god is super wise and it may appear as barbaric or we may not see the reasoning at some of his commands but he knows what's best. When he commands you to sacrifice your own child it's not because he's testing you but he's proving to you your own faith. Cuz at the last second it'll be like.. "ehhh I was just razzin yuh Abe."

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 11:58 PM
link   
READ THIS!. first of all we dont need to be geniuses to figure it out.. we just need to open our minds more..I am a Chatolic by baptism I served the church when i was young.. but one time i just snapped..and it changed my life.. corruption,phedophile priest raping altar boys..etc.. also my relatives are fanatics of religion church goers.. giving alms to the poor.. etc.. but still they commit sins. Clearly people cant practice what they preach.And when a blind man leads another blind man..just guess what will happen.. We cant teach something that we do not know.. and we have to understand the bible including other religious scriptures more deeply to see the real message hidden between the lines..it is a puzzle and we need to look past the literal meaning of the scriptures.The bible is not some sort of a rule book or a instruction manual on how to be a human being.It didnt fell from the heavens and "GOD" is not the author.. It is like a journal or a diary, simply put a history book.. records of the expiriences,3rd hand 4th hand 5th hand etc.. stories that are passed down, meaning some of the "GODLY INSPIRED WRITERS" didnt even witness some of the events by themselves.. and of course..they are human. humans commit mistakes.. so its would be normal to see errors and contradictions in the bible.. It is in the bible that there will be a wolf in sheeps clothing that will try to mislead us and the people that follow the truth will be persecuted.. It is really evident that the prophesies are slowly happening now and we cant deny that.. there are some truth in their fiction and some fiction in their truth.. for example women that cant speak in churches.. if you are familiar with the da vinci code youll have a bit of understanding of this.. The purpose is to hide the truth of the sacred feminine to us..Thats why they try their best to instill to our minds that women are inferior to men.. Did you ever wonder that there are only accounts of Jesus when he was a boy then 30 years of his life in the bible is missing.. and then suddenly he's all grown up? obviously it was ommited.. why? because of the people behind the scenes who lust for power.. just imagine the amount of fabrication in the book.They designed it to control the masses..fear and enticements are strategically implanted in the gospels and they cover it up behind the gospels for the own selfish purposes.Jesus said spread the word.. bla bla bla. leave everything you have,your family or even your walking stick.. But look at the most elegant city in the world.. VATICAN wooden saints dressed in gold while children die of starvation everyday. There's more than meets the eye.. My point is every religion and denomination all over the world is not absolute because it is not rooted in a solid foundation..there are only a few who understands the difference in religious belief w/c revolves in blind faith and ABSOLUTE KNOWLEDGE..meaning all of the worlds scriptures contain a piece of the whole picture. The bible contains information about the atoms.. that is 2000 years earlier than modern science. It is wise to look more deeply into the facts rather that dismissing the whole book as pure gibberish just because it contains errors.. Jesus is not stupid.. and infact they try their best to hide the Gnostic side of Jesus.But they cant hide the truth.. I think this is very long now and I apologize for that.. and it would take forever if i try to defend my view to each of the examples given in the video.. people sometimes tend to hate God because of their miserable life and unconsciously they use that as an excuse.. This is a life long learning process and we need to face it. Guess what? my life is miserable too.. and im thankful because it opened my eyes.. the answers are just infront of us waiting to be figured out. "if you cant find God in the next person you meet.. then you dont need to look any further" -Ghandi

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 12:59 AM
link   
Here's a link that this thread needs to have:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I would highly urge all posters to read and then apply this to your posting habits here. I will be back to "quiz" you on your reading comprehension skills.

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 11:54 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I refer this poster to the post, by me, directly above this one.

Read and understand, it's easier that way.

Note, please use English, as stated in the T&C, in your signature area and in your avatar/location/mood area.

Compliance with the T&C on this matter is expected soonest.

[edit on 28-3-2008 by NGC2736]

[edit on 28-3-2008 by NGC2736]

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 05:55 AM
link   

hello

for me as a Christian then i believe the Bible is Gods word to Man, inspiring people to write what he wanted written. This is the Literal part, its his word and not men writing their own thoughts.

From our perspective some things can look horrendous, such as stoning etc. However, I take the Good seed of God and Satan's seed Biblical view. This shows a constant battle, chess game etc (whatever you wish to call it) throughout time. God is (past tense) going to send his messiah through one chosen blood line and Satan is trying to corrupt that line.

See Genisis, book of enoch etc.

The reasons that many "Tribes" were killed of in the Bible are quite numerous, to maintain the pure bloodline of the tribes of Isreal, security etc.

When it comes to stoning of individuals we need to look at this in context.

firstly it was Gods will certain crimes were punished in this manner. God had lead these people to for many years, these people had witnessed God first hand as his glory traveled with them in the wilderness etc.

The crime was therefore an even greater insult to God.

Before anyone reflects badly on a death sentence we need to aknowledge that the power in charge sets the rules, This is the case always. Governments around the globe, throughout time have done this. including revolutionists etc.

Capital punishment exsist's today in many countries in various forms.
why? For Punishment and Deterent AND to also keep the people safe, is this not true of most, if not all types of rules? Rules are there to protect the majority from the minority.

We readily accept some ways that an end is reached and not others despite the end result being the same.

From a Christian perspective God made everything so he can set the rules and the punishments. (like individual govenments and down to individual family rules)

Do not forget that anyone knowing the rules also has the option of not breaking them.

Do not forget that a loving parent would do anything for their family, God is doing the same.

Sorry for any typos etc

david

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 06:10 AM
link   

hello

Please could you expand on "religion of Peace" your view of what this means to you and how it should apply to the Christian and why you quote Christianity as a religion of peace.

If you wouldn't mind, as you are addressing and questioning Christians, could you include any Biblical references along with your thoughts on each reference.

If you cant do that then just fire away with whatever you wish to ask.

This way i can answer you fully.

much appreciated

David

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 06:26 AM
link   
Hello, I'm a Christian, I agree religon is a scam. However the Bible and God are not. It's the people that parade around and have and do try to control the masses with al manner of rubbish. Church as we see it today is not Biblilcal and just where does this money go?

Of course i'm generalising, there will be genuine of heart people out there.

Religon of Christianity is not what God has set out for us in Christ and the new covenant.

You condemn yourself, if you do not take the free gift of Christ, trying to say God is condemning you is madness, Like a child saying to its mother it was her fault she got runner over, despite not listening to the mothers warning of not crossing the motorway (freeway?)

Who's fault is it? You are given the warning, how you act is your responsibility. God explains why throughout the Bible

The debt is aquired for the sins you WILL commit throughout your life
if you want to know what the sins are read Exodus 20 for a start off.

many thanks

david

[edit on 29-3-2008 by drevill]

[edit on 29-3-2008 by drevill]

top topics

<< 44  45  46    48  49  50 >>

join