It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Percieving colors and numbers associated with people.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 01:49 PM
link   
My roommate has a 10 year old son who has described perceiving a number and a color from all the people he knows. He says after spending a little time with someone and getting to know them, they take on a shade of various colors and somehow a one or two digit number is revealed. He says they don't change, and that two digit numbers are pretty rare.

He had never heard of the concept of an aura, and when I explained it to him, he said that's pretty much what he sees. Interestingly, one kid we know - the son of another one of our friends is thought to be an "indigo child" and fits the description. Also has had prophetic dreams and described a grandparent who had been long deceased and who he'd never met before, whom he said visited him in a dream. And you guessed it; my young friend - never even having heard the word "indigo" described this kid as having a purplish-blue color (and I forget what number).

My roommate's son is extremely mature and intelligent for his age - at times I forget that I'm not having a conversation with a peer, but a 10 year old. He has won local chess championships and just carries himself differently than any of his friends.

Anyway, I'm familiar with the aura phenomenon, but I'm wondering if anyone here has ever heard of the color/number combination. I'm also well aware of the fact that children like to play games and make things up, but like I said, he's not a typical kid. It was his mom that told me about his 'ability' at first, and he actually seemed hesitant to tell me anything about it, until he realized that I was genuinely interested in it, I think.

Comments? Or any questions you think I might be able to ask him?

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 02:07 PM
link   
As far as numerology goes, I could see 2 digits being rare, because i know of one system and it only goes up to 11? I'm an 11. Well for this life-time.. You can find sites that will give you like 9 different numbers based on your characteristics.. Its pretty accurate if you ask me. I believe the universe is nothing more then a highly mathematical, complicated yet simple thing.. and i will drone on for hours about the connection.

As far as auras.. I can see them, just the outter auras though.. I think the inner or dominant one is something you perceive more then see, but I'm sure you could see it as well.

The frequency of energy is vast, my thoughts are it is unlimited.. thus there is always something we cannot see/perceive.. but its my belief we can be trained to.

That kid is one intuitive fellow. I was talking to my freind the other day, I posed a general question.. I asked when she started seeing spirits.. she said she always could, and it was hard for her as a kid to tell the difference, everyone thought she was crazy.

Its my belief that there ARE infact multiple lives because of how I define what life actually is, and its my belief that perception is indeed something that carries over.

The kid is wise, experienced.. Its interesting how he associates people with numbers as well, he's going to be very unique when he's older.

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Hell, he's already unique.

I wouldn't mind talking to that kid.

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 02:29 PM
link   
It sounds as though your room-mate's son has a unique form of the condition known as synesthesia.

Synesthesia (also spelled synæsthesia or synaesthesia, plural synesthesiae or synaesthesiae)—from the Ancient Greek σύν (syn), meaning "with," and αἴσθησις (aisthēsis), meaning "sensation"'—is a neurologically-based phenomenon in which stimulation of one sensory or cognitive pathway leads to automatic, involuntary experiences in a second sensory or cognitive pathway. In one common form of synesthesia, known as grapheme → color synesthesia, letters or numbers are perceived as inherently colored, while in ordinal linguistic personification, numbers, days of the week and months of the year evoke personalities. In spatial-sequence, or number form synesthesia, numbers, months of the year, and/or days of the week elicit precise locations in space (for example, 1980 may be "farther away" than 1990), or may have a (three-dimensional) view of a year as a map (clockwise or counterclockwise).

Might not be something quite paranormal, but it certainly is abnormal. From what you described, it sounds like it's both the colour and spatial-sequence types combined. Except it operated on people instead of numbers or letters. Whatever the case, it's the first time I've heard of something like it.

[edit on 6/3/2008 by Beachcoma]

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by CavemanDD

Yes, fortunately his mom is of the mindset to encourage his growth in that direction, and he's pretty much surrounded by people that do the same. I'm sure we all "believe" him to varying extents - obviously it could be just a little game he plays so at the very least, all we're doing is encouraging his imagination. It's my belief that kids have various kinds of ESP but are taught and conditioned to suppress them until they are forgotten.

I told him about this website, and that I was going to post this, and he seemed interested in hearing people's responses. So feel free to post a question, comment or even advice on how he might be able to develop this or understand it better.

BTW, are there any good links to check out about the numbering systems you mentioned? I forgot this, but he did indicate that the number and color are somehow determined by how "important" the person is (to him - he clarified).

[edit on 3/6/2008 by Teratoma]

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Beachcoma

Funny, I was going to mention synesthesia in my OP but didn't because I always thought it was strictly a connection between sounds and perceived visuals. I didn't know about the other varieties. And after reading a little more about it, I'm inclined to agree with you.

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Does this child have really good ability with mathematics, or is he more the artsy type? I'm just wondering if some of these extra senses are related to the right/left brain thing.

I haven't ever read anything to lead me to believe that, but I've often wondered about it. My child is very artistic and has always had a pretty uncanny discernment ability. Nothing like what you're explaining here, but it just makes me wonder.

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Yes I believe children are more "connected".. its society that gets them out of that mindset I believe. You hear all these stories about kids saying they know who they were in a past life and all that. I had very signifigant dreams of that nature when I was about 12... close to that kids age eh? I think the final one I was 16.. I saw many visions of the future which came true, as well as I saw 3 - 4 past lives, which only recently have I remembered and figured out.

The fact that he is surrounded by people who encourage that just leads me to think he is for real..well I thought so anyway.. but its to my belief we choose exactly what surroundings we want to incarnate around.. and what people. Some people feel closer to a few freinds then they do their own family.

my freind I spoke of, she has a son... she believes he too is like the kid you speak of, and I believe her... given her abilities... but also I saw a picture of the kid and I just looked in his eyes and I knew.

Its all in the eyes man.. and the vibration. If you haven't learned to pick it up you should try.. it seems like it would be non-existant because most people resonate on that same frequency I believe.. One time I looked at this guy... he was moving things with his mind... and I felt like I was getting dizzy just looking at him, you had this feeling like he was moving at light speed.

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Caveman,

You actually saw someone moving things with his mind? What kinds of things was he moving? Did you know him? What is it about the eyes that gives you the "knowing". I'm just asking out of curiosity, not because I don't believe you. There's lots of things we can't explain.

And since your an artist, obviously, do you know the answer to my earlier question above?

Thanks

I_R

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 04:04 PM
link   
I was an artistic kid, all I did was draw. Perhaps greater discernment because as an artist.. perhaps I was able to see and appreciate the beauty in the small things? I look at everything like its magical, man. And I think this is what attributes to my perception, which is growing.. but only because I've persued that path.

As for math.. I was never so good at it.. but I like it.. but i just dont feel like doing it.. just because its so..stagnant..and statistical.. But recently I've become interested in it.. I want to knock down the barriers that define left-brain and right-brain, can and can't.

I didn't know the guy, I saw him doing it on the street. Its nothing that crazy.. youtube Qi-gong.. you'll find some cool stuff.

I myself can move a psi-wheel, ( a piece of paper on a point ).. but its complicated, i'm still understanding the nature of it.. Telekinesis is power of attraction.. manifestation, that just happens immediately instead of later... thats my explanation.. it has something to do with energy.. and how thought densifies into reality I believe.. Reality.. I hate that word.

I plan on posting a video of me doing stuff when I can do it in a way that leaves very little room for skepticism. I'm consitantly working on it daily.

Your kid.. encourage him. Thats all I can say.

He might not figure out what he wants to do until way later in life. but sure enough it will unfold, and he might even suprise you.

I for one, didn't feel like I needed much parenting.. but I still know I have them supporting whatever I do.. and I've always known that, so its good to have in the back of my mind.

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 04:24 PM
link   
heres a site to read through that might help u and him to understand what is happening to him and all the rest of the world

www.2012.com.au...

crystallinks.com will give him some insight on how to hone his abilities

I to have had visions when I was younger 13-17. Some have come true and others i pray never do

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Idle_Rocker: He's more math-oriented. Not on a genius level or anything, but more of a general understanding and comfort with his homework.

CavemanDD: Myself, I'm similar to you. I was artistically inclined at a young age and I credit my parent's encouragement at that early stage for causing me to develop my talent. And I think it's related, but I'm a face-reader. I read faces like some people read palms. I can't tell you things about their future but I've been able to make some considerably accurate assessments about their personality and past. Usually after talking to them for just a little while and studying their expressions, but I've been able to do it from photos too.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Teratoma

That sounds like a great kid!!!

I have sorta like the same with numbers, letter and colors. Each number or letter has a certain color and i just tonight found out it is called synesthesia.
I'm really good with maths and have an IQ of around 130. I to was always very mature for my age but i can't see peoples aura's or number. Just numbers and letters having different colors.

Most important thing is, is the kid happy and healty??

Peace

[edit on 11/2/2009 by operation mindcrime]

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by operation mindcrime

Yeah, he doesn't "see" it as an aura - and he says he has to get to know them first. But from what I understand, it's not a conscious decision "there's Joe, I think he'll be teal-green"; it's more like the color is 'assigned' once he gets a grasp of their personality.

He's otherwise what I'd call 'normal', if atypical. Who knows exactly how he'll be when he's older, but I wouldn't be the slightest bit surprised if he ends up joining ATS.

top topics

join