It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

At least eight dead in attack at Jewish seminary in Jeruselem.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 01:32 PM
link   

At least eight dead in attack at Jewish seminary in Jeruselem.

www.haaretz.com

Several people were killed Thursday evening when terrorists infiltrated the Merkaz Harav yeshiva Jerusalem and opened fire, a senior police official said.

It was unclear exactly many assailants were involved, but according to various reports, one or two terrorists infiltrated the yeshiva, and may be armed with explosive belts.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Reports are now coming in that at least 8 people have died in an attack at a Seminary in Jeruselem. This is still breaking....but at least 2 terroris, and as many as 30 people injured.

www.haaretz.com

Additional Sources:
www.jpost.com...
www.msnbc.msn.com...
[edit on 6-3-2008 by realmatrix]

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 01:33 PM
link   
MSNBC is reporting that one gunman was killed and officials are still chaasing the second gunman.

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by realmatrix

Reports are now coming in that at least 8 people have died in an attack at a Seminary in Jeruselem. This is still breaking....but at least 2 terroris, and as many as 30 people injured.

www.haaretz.com

How do we know these were terrorists and not some crack pots?

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 01:42 PM
link   
I support the Palestinian people but this attack is nothing less than an appalling atrocity.

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Quazga

Originally posted by realmatrix

www.haaretz.com

How do we know these were terrorists and not some crack pots?

Here in a second source:
www.jpost.com...

"Two Palestinian terrorists entered the Mercaz Harav Yeshiva in the Jerusalem neighborhood of Kiryat Moshe on Thursday night and opened fire at students inside.

Eyewitnesses said that they saw four people dead, Channel 1 reported.

Magen David Adom has confirmed casualties but the number of wounded was unknown. MDA has confirmed that one of the terrorists was killed.

MDA described the incident as a "multi-casualty incident."

Police were closing off the area."

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Fox News just reported that the death toll has moved from 8 to 10 people. Seems that the attack happened in the student dining hall area of the University.

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 01:59 PM
link   
this might just be the straw that breaks the Camels back. Just how long can the Israelis put up with these nut jobs?

I really think Israel is the most patient nation on earth.

If the "radical Muslims" had their way with-all and could do it (with-out getting wiped out) they would kill every Israel citizen.

But, Israel "can" do it to them, but won't. They just keep hitting them back tic for tack. IMHO of course.

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Just how long can the Israelis put up with these nut jobs?

You could say the same about Israel, they kill a lot more Palestinians than Palestinians kill Israelis. Their latest camping trip in Gaza killed 50+ Palestinians, most of whom were just innocent bystanders.

And that didn't stop this attack, did it?

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by xmotex

Just how long can the Israelis put up with these nut jobs?

You could say the same about Israel, they kill a lot more Palestinians than Palestinians kill Israelis. Their latest camping trip in Gaza killed 50+ Palestinians, most of whom were just innocent bystanders.

And that didn't stop this attack, did it?

Indeed...it did not stop this attack! It is tragic anytime civilians are killed in these attacks but eventually both sides will get tired of killing each other. The only question is WHEN!

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Okay, you can call them terrorists all you want...

I want to know WHO they are. What organization has attacked.
Going back and forth crying "terrorist" is no more useful to me than saying "human".

What organization pulled this off, and what were the demands?

I know because the media never states their demands, you tend to forget that they are even making any... but they are.

So... What were their Demands?

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Hopefully this is not a sign of things to come, meaning the start of another Intifada,right now I don't see a chance for peace for this two countries.

Something that I would not understand is that if the Palestinian people and Israeli people,and I mean people not governments, overwhelmingly want peace, why they don't put leaders in place that would deliver.

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by chromatico
I support the Palestinian people but this attack is nothing less than an appalling atrocity.

As were the 100+ recently killed in Gaza that some say had more than half of them being civilians. I'm sure that would include children as it almost always does. The bombing continues.

Be appalled. Period.

My question is this: What constitutes a terrorist attack during war? I mean clearly the two sides are at war. People don't want to outright say this but it is a war.

When a Palestinian school is destroyed is it also a terrorist attack? Is the word "terrorist" now being used to encourage international (especially western) support of the assaults Israel has planned and is currently carrying out?

I have to say in terms of what has been going on between the two sides this is nothing. There has been far worse carnage that has consumed innocent lives. The whole thing is simply a bloody mess and yes Israel unquestionably has the highest kill count. The Palestinians do not compare thanks to the massive support from the United States that include civilian tax dollars.

The media really is biased.

Palestinian deaths from Israeli attacks that outnumber this in scope get mere brief mention. This leads me to believe that: Israeli lives > Palestinian lives.

what a world.

- Lee

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by RUFFREADY
I really think Israel is the most patient nation on earth.

OMG you made me spit out my coffee.

My friend you should do a little research into just how patient the Israeli government has been to their Palestinian neighbors.

- Lee

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by johnsky
Okay, you can call them terrorists all you want...

I want to know WHO they are. What organization has attacked.
Going back and forth crying "terrorist" is no more useful to me than saying "human".

What organization pulled this off, and what were the demands?

I know because the media never states their demands, you tend to forget that they are even making any... but they are.

So... What were their Demands?

They appear to be a group related to Hezbollah

The Palestinian Islamist group, Hamas, praised the attack, calling it "heroic", but did not claim responsibility. There was also celebratory gunfire in Gaza.

Later, the al-Manar satellite television station of the Lebanese Hezbollah movement reported that a previously unknown group called the "Jalil Freedom Battalions - the Martyrs of Imad Mughniyeh and Gaza" was behind the shooting.

Israeli security forces have been on high alert since Mughniyeh, a senior Hezbollah leader and military commander, was killed in a car bomb in Damascus on 12 February.

Hezbollah blamed Israel, which denied any involvement.
news.bbc.co.uk...

If you remember, this fellow was a quite important member of Hezbollah and when he was killed in Damascus there was a large belief that Israel was behind his death.

So now it appears that the war is escalating......

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by chromatico

Starred. While I may not agree with you on the situation in Palestine, I am glad that you took the time to express disagreement about this attack.

I am patiently waiting for my fellow members here at ATS who displayed such outrage and indignation concerning the 12 year old killed by a stray bullet, to come here and express equal outrage over this terror attack against a Non-Military, unarmed target.

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 08:10 PM
link   
I think the sad but hard truth is that these two sides will never agree to peace and their war will only end when one of the two sides has been eliminated. Of course we do not live in a world were any sane person desires to see another nation wiped out, but maybe mothers natures law of survival of the fittest needs to occur.

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 08:26 PM
link   
It seems all of the same people keep showing up at this dance.

I posted this in another thread but I'm not sure which one came first so I am posting here as well.

...here are my observations:

We have had countless school and college shootings in the U.S. this past year and they were all quickly labeled as random shootings. Yet this happens is Israel for the frst time in four years and it is quickly labeled terrorism.

I am sorry but that smacks of agenda. How can they poosibly have enough information within 45 minutes of the incident to label it as such? They have just as mush reason to believe it is a Mossad Op to stir up sympathy for Israel.

Before anyone flames, I am just stating the info given by CNN and Fox within 45 minutes of the incident. It is ALL conjecture at that point as there has been no investigation.

Let me say, I pray for peace in the ME. I pray for mercy and temperance on both sides. I pray for mothers to stand up and say "enough". However, I will be outraged if the U.S. interferes in or comments on this particular matter whatsoever as they have done nothing to curb or investigate this kind of violence in our own country.

Regardless of the current reports, I am stating what was reported within 45 minutes of the incident. As far as the rest, both Hezbollah and Mossad have something to gain from the incident - one revenge, the other sympathy. Or is it vice versa? Who knows anymore...

...on the issue of Israel/Palestine I will sit firmly on the fence, even if it means I get a pole up my a$$. I see no moral high ground to defend.

[edit on 6/3/08 by kosmicjack]

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by US Monitor
reply to post by chromatico

I am patiently waiting for my fellow members here at ATS who displayed such outrage and indignation concerning the 12 year old killed by a stray bullet, to come here and express equal outrage over this terror attack against a Non-Military, unarmed target.

apparently it wasnt an unarmed target, one of the students shot the guy in the head twice. who knows how many lives he saved. good for him.

www.haaretz.com...

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 09:17 PM
link   
True. Perhaps a better wording on my part should have been a NON-MILITARY target. The cowards behind the attack certainly thought they would have an easy unarmed target to go after.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join