It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Many Actually Believe This Stuff

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Where are these little green dudes ? You'ld think that after flyin' across the universe they'ld stop and stretch thier legs, tenticles or robotic appendages for a minute or two. Maybe hit the Rosswell dinner for a burger. The human mind is a crazy thing when its not firing well. I am open minded...but....come on.
I do think Mister Rodgers was an alien. Can you say flying monkies boys and girls. This certainly is a crazy world and there is room for all kinds I suppose.
I Believe there are things in this world we do not understand. There are some things we will never understand. We are constantly growing in knowledge. Usually one step forward only to find we were wrong to begin with. But this is reaching for it.
Anyway......I hope you find the little green guy and may the FARCE be with you.
Just my opinion

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Very big of you cheers!
They aint green ,if you would actually do a bit of reading and research
this subject,you may find some interesting information,but I doubt skeptics
like you will ever be swayed by the evidence,even if it does come and bite you
on your ignorant arse!
Jog on.....

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 01:30 PM
link   
I was a skeptic once. then I did a little reading on the subject and thought. Maybe there is some truth in this.
Then I saw a UFO. Now I'm convinced alien life exists and is visiting Earth. I do not however believe all the rubbish about reptiles and such. Or believe that grainy crappy pictures of rocks on mars hold clues to anything, the truth is far more interesting!
Look to the skies and you will see for yourself.

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 01:41 PM
link   
I believe

Think about it this way. If we,as humans had the technology to zip accross space in no time. Don't you think that,when we come accross a planet with life on it,that we'll want to study it. Maybe take a specimin or 2,poke them about a bit and sit them back in their car. Or even further into the future,when the technology is readily available for everyone to use. You'd get stoned teenagers out for a joy ride in daddies new space craft. Chipping round the universe,doing pretty patterned dougnuts in their fields. Fact is (and it is a fact IMO) that we are so not alone,we've been getting visits and interacting with beings from other worlds for many,many thousands of years.

^^check it,my first post here. Look what I can do mummy!!

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Hairy,

Please tell me you didn't join just to ask that simple question did you? If so, I'm disappointed. Some here do believe, I'd be one of them, you see, I've seen more than one flying object I couldn't identify. I very much enjoy this site, I enjoy reading about other people's sightings, and some of the skeptics replies. Many former skeptics as an above poster states, are no longer skeptics, someday, soon I hope, you will be a member of the former skeptic group.

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Hairy Turtle

Which begs the question... Why bother signing up to ATS at all?

If you joined ATS in order to tell everyone how silly they are for believing 'out there' stuff, you've wasted your time. I get the impression that people around here aren't that bothered by what others think of them (me included). They are here precisely BECAUSE they find 'out there' topics interesting and worth discussing

If you joined ATS to show how cool and clever you are by doing a Star Wars pun with the word 'FARCE', sorry... not impressed

Elmer_Dinkley recommended you do some research... I second that. You may be surprised at what you find.

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 02:11 PM
link   
A day's worth of research after the registration date is not enough time to come to an honest
and objective conclusion.

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Your the bravest, hairest, turtle I know.

Now if I was a sceptic which I'm not because as eveyone who posts on this forum knows Aliens Exist Beyond Doubt , I'd have to say you might have a point.

I might write something like "Hundreds of millions of camera phones, digital cameras, numerous corporate satellites and all we ever see is a far away picture of a fuzzy UFO, a hairy figure wallking in the distance, or a daily thread entitled 'What Could this Picture Be'."

But of course I'm a total believer and would never write such blasphemy.

I'll always remember your ill-fated dissent. Shilom

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 02:47 PM
link   
I think its foolish to rule out life on other worlds when one just looks at whats out there.. its beyond imagination to truly grasp just how big it is...

Do I believe in half the stuff I read here regarding ET's? I don't believe most of it...

10% of it are your typical nut jobs
40% are morons trying to get attention
40% of it is hearsay and speculation.
5% of it is misunderstanding or confusion of what someone saw
and 5% might actually be the truth...

But regardless of anything I read here, No one can prove theres a god, but we can prove there are billions and billions of other worlds all around us...

I'm not a gambling man, but if there is one bet I would ever make, it would be that we are not the only intelligent lifeforms in our universe...

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 05:42 PM
link   
something tells me that those who are skeptics are the ones that are spoon feed reality via media and our government.. if the pres of the US got on tv and literally shouted across the airwaves that IT was true.. you would go back to school and say "i knew they were real, i always knew it"

this is why family is affraid to tell family about experiences that are paranormal. we dont even lend an ear to our own blood anymore.

i suggest LEAVE ATS and let the adults do adult things. or growup and stay..its up to you.

and as much as you might not believe me at the end of my post..i wasnt attacking you. i was waking you up. shaking you. to realize.

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 05:51 PM
link   

I may be wrong, but I have the feeling that you're actually addressing a specific person or group of people in your life - people who irritate you but who do not "live" here on ATS...

That's no problem: I am sure most of us were/are guilty of such unwitting "transfers" at some point. (I know I have been.)

Anyway, I just wanted to tell you that this "stuff" is not a monolithic category. I would say that, in my opinion, perhaps 90%, or even more, of UFO sightings are misinterpreted FO or even natural phenomena.

But there are, and always have been, it seems, a good number of sightings - extremely varied in their nature and/or appearance - that truly cannot be explained away in any "logical" manner.

You don't have to believe me: ask any intellectually honest pilot, traffic control officer, astrophysicist etc.

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 07:56 PM
link   
If by stuff you mean aliens visiting earth then I would say I doubt it however there is enough half decent stuff in the subject to make me unsure but interested and at times even believe its possible, though when it comes to does life exist in the universe then from what we know scientifically and statistically speaking it's almost certain life exists in the universe and I think most nowadays wouldn't argue the point however any of that life visiting us is extremely unlikely and obviously as there's been no news of contact yet it doesn't really matter much either way.

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 09:45 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 01:30 AM
link   
I don't believe anymore in Aliens visiting Earth. It's just bunch of crock. IMO.
I do believe in extraterrestrial life tough.

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 01:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Breadfan
I don't believe anymore in Aliens visiting Earth. It's just bunch of crock. IMO.
I do believe in extraterrestrial life tough.

Have you taken the time to look over the information that's available? Or do you just not even give the idea a chance?

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 01:53 AM
link   
Funny you should bring up Mr. Rogers. That dude creeped me out growing up. What with the changing sweaters and all.
Weirds me out even more to know he was special ops.
God bless his soul, I do believe he was a very kind and gentle soul in retrospect.
Wishbone on the other hand is a hellhound that would rip your throat out. LOL.

[edit on 7-3-2008 by jpm1602]

[edit on 7-3-2008 by jpm1602]

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 02:12 AM
link   
It looks like you are getting your information from fiction made for entertainment, not science and actual knowledge. I don't blame you for doubting such silly tripe, but what the popular media shows us has almost nothing to do with the reality.

If you are at all interested in understanding the subject there are excellent books and other media that are quite science grounded and very intelligent and authored by serious and talented people who are careful researchers and investigators. . Way more interesting then fiction. My favorite was Harvard Professor John Mack's "Passport to the Cosmos" for general understanding, alien abduction and similar phenomena.

You might even see something unexplainable eventually and you will join millions of experiencers in the wonder of it and the infinite questions to be asked, and maybe discoveries.

ZG

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 02:16 AM
link   
Excellent points VC. I have been in poor health and just trying to see the levity in certain points.
John

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 03:17 AM
link   
Well, some nice reactionary responses to a nice provoking thread! Anyhow, I started off as a UFO skeptic, then I did years of research into the subject (it is huge) and I emerged still highly skeptical! This is of course a very different question from life in the Universe- I think the Universe is probably filled with life, some much more intelligent than humans.

I'm not convinced anyone has paid us a visit, though I would love to be proved wrong and any visiting ET is welcome to visit my observatory anytime.

You true belivers do yourself a great diservice by quickly leaping on anyone who doesn't agree (even if it is provoking!). It just looks like your desperate to belive...

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 06:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by timelike

You true belivers do yourself a great diservice by quickly leaping on anyone who doesn't agree (even if it is provoking!). It just looks like your desperate to belive...

Speaking personally, I wasn't 'jumping on' the OP for his opinion that there's nothing to the whole UFO thing. I was reacting to his rude 'you're all gullible idiots for believing this stuff' attitude that permeated his post

I'm actually annoyed with myself for reacting to the post... I really should know better by now (and usually do), but occasionally I succumb to my baser instincts.

There is a wealth of information out there by serious researchers like Timothy Good, who have demonstrated time and again that Governments are secretly not as dismissive of the whole UFO/alien subject as they've encouraged the rest of the population to be.

Whenever I hear people dismissing the whole subject, and particularly in a rude and ridicule-injected-venom-like manner, I try and remember that it's an attitude that has been deliberately fostered and encouraged over many years... so I've learned to ignore it for the most part. Just occasionally, though, it does get to me and I react. The OP was one of those occasions.

Skepticism is good... as long as it's open-minded skepticism. Unfortunately much of what passes for skepticism around here is as entrenched and close-minded as those who believe without enquiry or rational.

I'm not going to win many friends by saying this... but I wish more people would be open-mindedly skeptical and allow for all possibilities, rather than proudly display their 'Proud to be the first to dismiss & ridicule this case' Debunker's badge.

Enough waffle from me I think

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join