It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Ufo Sighting: 06-03/08

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2008 @ 07:05 AM
link   
reply to post by IMAdamnALIEN

If it is me you are replying to, you actually do not have anything to be sorry about.

I can understand your reaction, i myself have had it several times.
We all would like to have a defenitive answer to things we see, things that others see, but it all gets obscured by the hoaxers, scientists ridiculing this subject.

It is quite frustrating both for those who investigate this subject, and also for those who have experiences in it.
Hoaxers just help to keep people ignorant in this subject, because no one wishes to have connection to something that could be made up.

As i said, you have nothing to be sorry about.

posted on Mar, 9 2008 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Hi Balez.

Can you give me your co-ordinates just to be sure?
Approximate geographic location would be fine even to the nearset town..

And... Additionally.
Is your camera recording adjusted GMT?

Cheers.

Absence.

[edit on 9-3-2008 by Absence of Self]

posted on Mar, 9 2008 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Absence of Self

Sent the information in U2U

"Avoiding one liners..."

posted on Mar, 9 2008 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Cool...

Well, here is what you would be looking at if that big burning thing wasn't in the way...

You can see there isnt a hell of a lot there.
(except uranus which i seriously doubt a camera on a phone can register)

So...
It aint a planet.

...and just for everyone else who don't care, no its not a satelite either. I am tracking those too and not even the ISS can do that... not even the legendary black knight.

Those are some fantastic images that i'd go as far as printing for my friends but the teller here is the shape of the flare...

Plastic-optics-arama.

The reason why the sun is streaking all over the place is because the surface of the lens isnt even.
Its rather uneven.
This results in a normal solar flare corona being effectively channeled into the imperfections on the camera lens resulting in what actually looks like a plasma effect.
(which is damn cool by the way)

The hot spot (identified characteristic anomlay) is a flare hot spot being concentrated by the refractive index of the layered outter coating of the lens and the inner glass..(or plastic on plastic if i missed my guess)

The generic idea of a lens flare consists of the 'multiple refraction'.
Where you have a single primary subject (the sun) and a pile of secondarys.. (the flare).
Those secondarys are not created by a single lens.
Each one is the result of a single component of that lens since a lens is not a single piece of glass.
The simple fact is that a normal compound lens is composed of anything up to 14+ separate elements each one of which can create its own virtual image.

e.g. something like this: Sigma 50-500 an example consisting of 9 elements which can produce 9 refracted images.

You can even calculate it if you want to.. actually you can see it if you know what to look for.

Consider the light source within every image.
Now consider the center of each image.
Now draw a line between the center of the light source and the artifact and you'll find that in all cases they intersect the center of the frame.(more or less.. not perfectly since the lens isnt actually round and you can see how not round it is from the streaks but its a good general rule.)

Cool.
Absence.

posted on Mar, 9 2008 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Absence of Self

Thanks for that informative post Absence

Now we certinly know what it is, and what not it is.

You deserve a star

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join