It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Ufo Sighting: 06-03/08

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Today was my first time of a day-time sighting.

First sighting:
Time: 1400

I was out walking with my dog, in the forrest.
And i looked up and it was a clear day, blue sky, a bit windy, the sun was quite strong.

When i was looking up i only looked for a few moments close to the sun, and i thought i saw the reflection of something metallic.

I chanced and used my cellphone, a Nokia N70 2mp.
I changed the settings and used the built in filter settings sepia, negative and b/w.

The pictures i got do show something, but as the camera was directed at the sun, i dont know if the pics are trustworthy
So what say the experts??

Second sighting:
Time: 17:25

This was directly after dinner so i was out on the balcony smoking and there were alot of birds flying around quite high up.
I looked at them for a bit and looked more to the north and i saw this white big object.

I rush inside to get the digital camera, batteries was in the charger and i got them out of there put them in the camera went out again and the object was gone, probably went in to the clouds.

I know this object was very high up, since the birds was also flying on a high altitude.
But this thing was even higher up.

It almost reminded me about these 'worms' but this object looked more solid and completely white, and not saucer shaped, more like a cigar.

Pictures:

Please remember that i only used a cellphone camera to take these pictures with.
The resolution could be better, i know that.
These images doesn't say if that is what i saw, they dont tell us either if there is a real object there.

But what i am wondering about is this, is that the real object i saw, or the sun making this?

EDIT: Not sure what happened with the images, they only showed the thumbs.
Ttried to correct but this was the best i could do.

[edit on 6-3-2008 by Balez]

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Anyone knows how to get the images to display correctly?

Thumbs in the forum and real size on the link.

Whatever i do does not work.....

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Balez

The images look fine to me, just click on them and they take you to another page where you can see the full image.

Interesting pics, it looks like some kind of planet to me, someone more familiar with the subject can probably explain these.

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by JacKatMtn

Hmm, but i wanted them thumbnailed in the forum and full size on the upload site.

But whatever i do it doesn't work...

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Very interesting kind of remind me of some pics I saw from a thread here awhile back regrding the planet/brown dwarf that supposedly exsists but doesnt exsist that might or might not collide with earth. Im sure the photo magician Internos can probably shed a bit of light on these. Definatly looks like something is reflecting alot of light from the sun.

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 03:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by drift393
Very interesting kind of remind me of some pics I saw from a thread here awhile back regrding the planet/brown dwarf that supposedly exsists but doesnt exsist that might or might not collide with earth. Im sure the photo magician Internos can probably shed a bit of light on these. Definatly looks like something is reflecting alot of light from the sun.

Yes it is interesting

But there is a problem, the 'object' in these pictures could be image artifacts.
And that is what i need help with to see if they are, or not.

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 05:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Balez

It's hard to rule out a lens flare. Just about any lens will flare if you point it close enough to the sun, or even the full moon.

I'd suggest you try taking the same photographs again with the same cell phone at about the same time of day.

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 06:10 AM
link   
If your talking about the thing that looks like a small second sun, I have seen that before myself.

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 07:03 AM
link   
reply to post by disownedsky

Just took some more pictures.
Hmm looks like a flare of some sort.

It looks exactly like in the first pictures.
ADDED:
Just that it is in different places than in the first pictures

[edit on 7-3-2008 by Balez]

posted on Mar, 8 2008 @ 03:21 PM
link   
UPDATE:

Third sighting:
Time: 18:00

This time also i was on my balchony (smoking) and it was getting dark so i looked some at the sky and the stars that had emerged.
While doing this i noticed this star that, i couldn't remember seeing before.
So i looked more closely at that one, and suddenly it starts to get brighter and grow a bit.

It lasted for a few secconds and nothing more, then it starts fading away untill i can not see it anymore.

I could say this was a rocket, a meteor, or something similiar, but this thing looked stationary.

So, what could it be?
And ofcourse, i had no camera with me this time...

posted on Mar, 8 2008 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Its just you moving the camera, its lens flare for sure!

No doubt about it!

[edit on 8-3-2008 by IMAdamnALIEN]

posted on Mar, 8 2008 @ 03:43 PM
link   
It's hard for us that did not saw what you saw to say if that is only some artifact or what you saw, because you said that it was a reflection, and a reflection would look like another light source on a photo taken with a camera without a good lens.

Have you ever seen these things before?

Have you started to look more to the sky in these days?

Isn't 17:25 too early to finish dinner?

PS: from my experiments, our vision is much better than that of the common cameras (as expected), and only above a 10x zoom do photos show images with more detail than we see with the naked eye.

Any photo taken with a camera with less than 10x zoom will not show what was visible when the photo was taken.

posted on Mar, 8 2008 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

Have you ever seen these things before?

The thing i saw when i looked close to the sun? No, never.

Have you started to look more to the sky in these days?

I can't say that i have, but i have always looked very much at the sky, especially when it is clear and the stars are showing

Isn't 17:25 too early to finish dinner?

Haha, not in my family, my wife has diabetes and we have strict routines when it concerns food and other things

It's hard for us that did not saw what you saw to say if that is only some artifact or what you saw, because you said that it was a reflection, and a reflection would look like another light source on a photo taken with a camera without a good lens.

Yes i agree to that, but it is puzzling that it would leave a lens artifact in that shape though.
But as i stated earlier, i am not very good when it comes to camera work

posted on Mar, 8 2008 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by IMAdamnALIEN

Ofcourse i am moving the camera, i needed to do that for changing settings and things and getting it back into the right angle was a bit difficult

Yes as i have stated previously i belive it is a lens artifact of somekind.

posted on Mar, 8 2008 @ 04:18 PM
link   
"When i was looking up i only looked for a few moments close to the sun, and i thought i saw the reflection of something metallic."

So you saw something metallic?

But it turns out to be a lens flare........

So you saw a lens flare?

Dude, no offense, look at your thread title, you wanted to lure people in when you knew full well that it was a lens flare the whole time.

So you made a story up to go along with what you saw in the picture.

SHAM ON YOU!

ATS will not tolerate charlatans.

My guess is this...

You got a new phone, decided to go out on a nice day to test your built in camera, and boom, you notice when you look at the sun with this camera it looks like a UFO. So being an ATS member a whopping 11 days, you decide to try and fool a couple of people.

Am I close?

posted on Mar, 8 2008 @ 05:08 PM
link   
i]reply to post by IMAdamnALIEN

Yes i did see a reflection of something, if it was metallic i really dont know, but that is my conclusion, it could have been something else, but it was a reflection.

But it turns out to be a lens flare........

The camera captured a lens artifact.
Dont try and change something i have already mention because it does not fit into of your understanding of what i saw.
And clearly as also stated, i saw the reflection before i used the camera.

Dude, no offense, look at your thread title, you wanted to lure people in when you knew full well that it was a lens flare the whole time.

"Dude" i really did not know, since my camera expertise is very low.
And also i doubted the pictures would show anything at all.
But they did and i asked about them.

So you made a story up to go along with what you saw in the picture.

If that fits into your world of explantions.... please use that if it calms your mind.

You got a new phone, decided to go out on a nice day to test your built in camera, and boom, you notice when you look at the sun with this camera it looks like a UFO. So being an ATS member a whopping 11 days, you decide to try and fool a couple of people.

Am I close?

You really are a negative person right?

If you felt fooled by these pictures, go ahead report it to any mod you wish, that is your right.

But as i stated in the OP:

But what i am wondering about is this, is that the real object i saw, or the sun making this?

If you still feel that i am trying to fool people with this thread......

As this is my view of the events as i experinced them... wether or not anyone believe this or not? That is totally up to the viewer of the thread.

New phone? hardly i've had this one for atleast 1½ years now, perhaps even longer.

Perhaps.... you should read the original post once again, and see what i am stating in it.

ATS will not tolerate charlatans.

The big question here though, do they tolerate flamers?

posted on Mar, 8 2008 @ 05:30 PM
link   
OP you say that you saw with your naked eye the spot that looked like something next to the sun? I cannot even remotely look toward the sun without becoming blinded by it. How were you able to see the spot? I hope that for your sake you are telling the truth the whole truth and nothing but the truth.
I have often wondered if the area around the sun is used for daytime travel of UFO's simply because noone can look directly at the sun. But then people do take pictures so I don't know. Just be careful what you post and the means by which you introduce your story, this site is full of photography experts and they have seen it all. Most of us here would like for the UFO situation to be disclosed to our satisfaction but there have been so many believable hoaxes that have damaged the credibility of ordinary posters. Best of luck to you on this thread.

posted on Mar, 8 2008 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

OP you say that you saw with your naked eye the spot that looked like something next to the sun? I cannot even remotely look toward the sun without becoming blinded by it. How were you able to see the spot? I hope that for your sake you are telling the truth the whole truth and nothing but the truth.

I said:

When i was looking up i only looked for a few moments close to the sun, and i thought i saw the reflection of something metallic.

Never stated i looked directly at the sunglare, i might not be very smart but, i'm not as stupid as to look directly into the sunlight on a clear day

I have often wondered if the area around the sun is used for daytime travel of UFO's simply because noone can look directly at the sun.

I actually haven't thought of their means of hiding, if they even are here for that matter.

But then people do take pictures so I don't know. Just be careful what you post and the means by which you introduce your story, this site is full of photography experts and they have seen it all. Most of us here would like for the UFO situation to be disclosed to our satisfaction but there have been so many believable hoaxes that have damaged the credibility of ordinary posters. Best of luck to you on this thread.

Well for the photography experts, that is why i posted those pictures, i doubted that the pictures would show anything at all, and that is why i asked about that thing seen in the pictures.
I even U2U JRitzman to take a look, but i've had no reply so....

Yeah, there are many hoaxes, and i think that all has to do with the ridicule that has always been in this topic.

As for me posting about my sightings, they are just that, sightings of things that i can not explain.
Two times now when i have been on the balchony smoking, i have seen things that i can not explain.

For those two times i really wish i had a camera or a videocamera.
The first sighting i had, could be explained by it being a airplane....
But the two other i really dont know.

Heh, i never have any good luck with my threads.

posted on Mar, 8 2008 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar
I have often wondered if the area around the sun is used for daytime travel of UFO's simply because noone can look directly at the sun.
That is the idea behind the "solar obliteration technique", a useless technique that some people think shows UFOs trying to hide in the Sun glare, forgetting that if the Sun glare would hide a UFO flying in the Earth's atmosphere from a someone in a specific place it would not hide the same UFO for a person just some miles away because of the different angles.

Most of us here would like for the UFO situation to be disclosed to our satisfaction but there have been so many believable hoaxes that have damaged the credibility of ordinary posters.
That is the problem with some people, they want what they think is the truth to be published, even if that is not the real truth, ignoring or even avoiding or attacking what may be the real truth just because is not their own.

IMAdamnALIEN and antar, I think that both are being too aggressive in a case where it was clear that the photos were not presented as a potential hoax.

Cool down, and don't let the known hoaxes stir you both away from a fair analysis of what is presented.

Edit: I forgot to say that I could look into the Sun without any problem when I was young (and even more foolish than I am now), but I haven't tried it for some years, so I don't know if I still can do it, but I know that it is possible.

[edit on 8/3/2008 by ArMaP]

posted on Mar, 8 2008 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Im sorry

[edit on 8-3-2008 by IMAdamnALIEN]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join