It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It really IS the Economy, Stupid

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 12:57 PM
link   

It really IS the Economy, Stupid

www.opednews.com

The next President will, on inauguration day, be handed the worst domestic economy since Franklin Roosevelt took office in January 1933. As then the next President will have to deal with a banking industry in full meltdown, a tanking stock market, rising unemployment and the maelstrom of social welfare burdens that inevitably materialize out of such a crisis. A tired nation will turn to Washington for help -- citizens will turn to the next President for help.

Which brings me back to the war in Iraq. Recognition by the Presidential candidates of the true state of the economy would require they end this disasterous war of choice, and to do so as quickly as humanly and tactically possible.

Because there is simply no way we could afford to continue wasting nearly $12 billion a month -- every red dime of which is borrowed money -- to do for Iraqis what we can nolonger afford to do for American taxpayers themselves. (More facts on the cost of the war here.)
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 12:57 PM
link   
People-We are sitting on an absolute timebomb that is about to incinerate us all. We have to do something to change our current system, and it has to be done fast. This admin has imploded our infrastructure, and the next incoming incubents will continue the process unless something monumental is done on a wide scale.

I just read on The washington post where the Bush admin is going to implement a PERMANENT presence in Iraq, and that it does not need Congressional approval to pass this through! We are being bled dry, further and further, and we have no more blood to give!

www.opednews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Star and flag.

I have been thinking about this a lot too, as we seem to have only THREE presidential choices now, and every one of them will keep sending the citizens deeper and deeper into debt. Many are now losing their jobs, their homes, rising costs of electric and basic necessities aren't much helping.

Those who work themselves to death to keep afloat are struggling with the gas prices that seem to be rising on a daily basis lately. This cannot just be the Northwest that is seeing this. Either it actually is simply a very tiny portion that it doesn't matter, and being blown WAY out of proportion... Or this is where the US is heading, and the president and the news media refuse to acknowledge it, to avoid panic.
Not sure what is going on, honestly, just those I know that are losing it all, ARE panicking!

Dunno about everyone else, but after purchasing 5 canisters of baby formula, I don't know if electric will be on next week. But there are many who are dealing with much worse!!

What can be done? I don't think anything. The people are too blind to notice, or too lazy to do anything about it. I am completely stumped.

Which... Makes me think that I am blowing this way out of proportion, because it is not something that is being talked about, nor is anyone planning to do anything about it. How could so many people be losing everything they worked so hard to acheive all their lives.. really go down so silently, with only a for-sale sign on their lawn?

Maybe at any given point in time, there has always been this many people suffering, and it's just life... Who knows. I'm ranting.

....And still waiting for someone to admit to openly say what is going on...

join