It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reptilian News - Cat Attacks Reptilian Reporter!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Ok, I have not believed in the whole reptilian thing and wrote it off as preposterous , however I came across this video and watched it over and over again and noticed something unusual.I know some here as well as myself had said these anomalies on these peoples skin in the reptilian videos were video errors or poor quality.Well on this one I noticed as her face was changing she brings her hand up next to her face and it looks normal.Maybe I'm just seeing things but I would like some of you to let me know what you think.This is not convincing me but I would appreciate a little serious discussion about this video in particular.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Well I am not for sure what I am looking at here, but it is kinda
strange. Look at her face changing to wierd colors at the 1:20
position. Also, why does everyone just have to have some sort
of goofy hip hop music blasting in the background. It is as if the
person that aired this wanted us to just hear this pathetic song and
not hear a word the reporter was saying. What is this nonsense?

ZOOMER

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 12:56 PM
link   
I know I hate that when people add music to stuff like this....I guess it's their way of being creative. Thanks for responding though......Yea its strange her face changes but her hand does not. very weird.

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 01:05 PM
link   
She looks crazy in some parts of the video but, all of their faces change to green,
and her hair does too so, I am thinking that it's just a camera glitch!

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 01:08 PM
link   
I don't mean to hog the thread. Just one more comment. When
this cat first takes a swat at the reporters face, there is a little
zoom-in on her face and look at her eyes. They look as if they
change to a lizard or reptilian appearance, sort of yellowish and
ugly as could be.

Also just one more thing about the music. It would have been nice to
hear what this woman was saying about the attack and not hear the music. Afterall, it was a report on a cat attacking her, but you can only hear the music. At least I couldn't hear what she was saying. Oh well!

A mighty weird film to say the least.

ZOOMER

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Givenmay

I would normally say the same except for when she raises her hand against her face and looks normal against her face that is changing.

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 08:41 PM
link   
she was shaking the cat up and down! no wonder it attacked her.
yeah i didn't see any reptilian anomalies though.

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 05:31 AM
link   
Lets all remember now that this is a YouTube video after all, and as such, the quality is sub-par. Unfortunately, they can't afford to allow everyone to post high res videos of all of their favorite clips on there, as their bandwidth and server space would be completely taken by a slim minority.

With that said, I take this as nothing more than poor upload quality. I see it all the time in YouTube videos.

TheBorg

[Edited for clarity.]

[edit on 7-3-2008 by TheBorg]

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 10:38 AM
link   
I refuse to comment further on this until we have further information regarding the reporter known as "Kathleen Cochrane"

perhaps a picture of her without her shirt on...for scientific reasons ofcourse

Mod Note: General ATS Discussion Etiquette – Please Review This Link.
» ATS Skunk Works » Reptilian News - Cat Attacks Reptilian Reporter! » Post Reply

[edit on 7-3-2008 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 05:20 PM
link   
ive seen afew of the reptile vids and i think most of them can be called hoax due to video compression

www.videsignline.com...

en.wikipedia.org...

could be wrong but i have worked with video for a while and this seems
like a more practical answer to the large increase in reptile videos since
all vids on the net use some sort of compression

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 05:33 PM
link   
I know that you're taking the title from the video itself but I would hardly call that an "attack".

I don't see any anomalies,just a very poor quality video.
It amazes me that Fox or anyone for that matter found "cats gone wild" news worthy.
I hope the poor lady isn't traumatized for life. *sarcasm*

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Talking about Aliens, here's an Alien prank that backfires.

www.techamok.com...

Sweet dreams, don't have nightmares.

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by kindred

LMAO......that was great! very funny stuff.

I thought it might of been video errors.....but no one has come up with an explanation as to why, when her hand is next to her face when it is distorting,the hand looks normal and not distorted.

[edit on 7-3-2008 by CaptGizmo]

posted on Mar, 8 2008 @ 04:41 PM
link   
its just the compression when objects stay still in the shot for a long time the codecs try to save data(when compresing) by comparing the surrounding pixels to each othe and where it can it will use duplicate pixels
when movment is introduced the it only takes to frames for the codec to work out that it cant use duplicate pixels in the area of movment so the object is alot clearer
if the movment is minor most compression struggles to maintain large blocks of color eg foreheads cheeks etc

dont know how many of you have watched a movie on ur pc and at the start the is usually a black screen or a section of darkness you can see
the codecs create a mishmash of different shades of black
poor qualitiy cams footage and divx or xvid always get this problem

hope this helps

posted on Mar, 8 2008 @ 10:39 PM
link   
lmao that cat was slapping her and she was just acting as if it never happened, lmao...........and whats a reptilian?

posted on Mar, 8 2008 @ 10:46 PM
link   
I saw nothing but normal distortion. Cats freak out, discoloration on youtube happens. I didn't even find this remotely thought provoking. Sorry, no reptiles there.

posted on Mar, 9 2008 @ 12:27 AM
link   
If u watch closer right after the bit where her eye goes weird the distortion is still there in the next shot. Compression artefacts.

posted on Mar, 9 2008 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Well I guess after reading all of your posts I have come to the conclusion it is simply video errors and nothing else.Thanks to everyone for their insite and opinions into this video.

posted on Mar, 9 2008 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Same as the rest tho really. I think they are all done with adobe after fx or something. Her hand being normal when its up to her head doesn't matter cause the guy has just edited the face area?

Anyway aside from the cats and reptilians she is a bit of a fox

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   
SPAM removed by admin
edit on Oct 22nd 2012 by Djarums because: (no reason given)

top topics

join