It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earth will explode

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2004 @ 04:36 PM
link   
* the first few months of 2002 were the WARMEST ever recorded on Earth
* Huge parts of Antarctica have already melted.
* Volcanoes become active under Arctic Ocean and in Antarctica
* The Largest Volcanoes on Earth are losing their snow-caps
* Oceans are warmer than ever. Their increased evaporation produces large amount of clouds, rain and widespread flooding
* In heated oceans all currents are severely disrupted
* Mountain glaciers melt around the globe
* The weather around the globe becomes more violent every month

The earths inner core is a nuclear reacter. Volcanoes become active and erupt violently not because the Earth's interior "crystallizes", but because the planetary nucleus is a nuclear fission reactor that needs Text Red.

posted on Feb, 19 2004 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Volcanoes become active and erupt violently not because the Earth's interior "crystallizes", but because the planetary nucleus is a nuclear fission reactor that needs COOLING.. bioresonant.com...

posted on Feb, 19 2004 @ 04:37 PM
link   
You better get out here then. ....................

posted on Feb, 19 2004 @ 04:43 PM
link   
whoa dude, you need to chill out! (sorry, couldn't resist!)

anyway though, the earth's temperature and weather goes through cycles... ice ages, hot eras, intermediate eras. we're in an intermediate era now... during the age of the dinosaurs the average world temperature was in the 90's... i think. anyway, it was A LOT hotter than now is my point.

plus weather has only been actively recorded for about the past 150 years tops, so no one can say anything about how different it is. and same with the earth's core. yes, there is fission going on down in there, but no one knows enough to say the earth will "explode"

i could understand major seismic events, or more volcanic eruptions, and possibly also the supercalderas around the world errupting... maybe even all at once, or maybe all around the same century... the earth will not "explode" though

posted on Feb, 19 2004 @ 04:50 PM
link   
and besides... theres been all kinds of evidence saying that global warming is a natural phase the earth goes thorugh... In one of my Scientific American mags, it also says there was global warming problems in the medeival Time period. So I'm not too worried about anything.

posted on Feb, 19 2004 @ 05:24 PM
link   
ummmmmmm.........it's called global warming and unless u've been living under a rock, u should know that

posted on Feb, 19 2004 @ 05:29 PM
link   
There are many release valves for that nuclear furnace, provided that is what it is of course.

posted on Feb, 19 2004 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Its just a phase, kinda like what teenagers and kids go through... it'll get over it

posted on Feb, 19 2004 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Originally posted by Vegemite
* the first few months of 2002 were the WARMEST ever recorded on Earth

Link Please

* Huge parts of Antarctica have already melted.

Not according to Dr. Robert G. Crane formerly a research associate at the National Snow and Ice Data Center and the World Data Center-A for Glaciology. He currently is researching microwave remote sensing of sea ice and ice climate interactions.

According to him the average temperature of Antarctica is below 0c. If the ice melted on Antarctica, the sea level would rise rapidly. I have a home on the beach on the east coast of the US that's 9 feet above sea level. The foundation has been above sea level since 1965. You are incorrect.

* In heated oceans all currents are severely disrupted

You are incorrect in this assumption as well. Ocean gyres use a process of geostrophic flow. Despite the general rise in temperatures, the convection and environmental impacts would allow the system to maintain its stability.

[Edited on 2-19-2004 by insite]

posted on Feb, 19 2004 @ 06:16 PM
link   
I read once where there is a theory that global warming is a subcycle and ice ages are there cycles... it sounds real possable.

Ill look for links

posted on Feb, 19 2004 @ 06:20 PM
link   
www.infowars.com... is good website for this

www.infowars.com... Then look under 9/11 Road to tyranny part.

They have some very interesting articals
another link you can check out is
www.propagandamatrix.com it has the non mainstream stuff

posted on Feb, 19 2004 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Well in that case whos moving to mars with me then

sign here -------> ASALA

posted on Feb, 19 2004 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by asala
sign here -------> ASALA, insite

(i'll go anywhere with you)

[Edited on 2-19-2004 by insite]

posted on Feb, 19 2004 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by specialasianX
Its just a phase, kinda like what teenagers and kids go through... it'll get over it

posted on Feb, 19 2004 @ 08:17 PM
link   
The earths core is under compression, it is not like the sun.

So chill out, the earth crust moves and is a way to vent excess pressure built up by the conversion of gases locked in the rock that turns to molten rock as the mantel layers "fall into" the volcanic cavities.

Dont worry its a natural process and the earth is just "venting".

posted on Feb, 19 2004 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Actually, Bob you are partially right. The Earth's core is under great pressure, but that is not the source of it's heat.

The source of heat for the Earth's core is the decay of radioactive elements, primarily potassium, uranium, and thorium.

Note that neither nuclear fission (an "A-Bomb") nor nuclear fusion (the process used by the sun) are involved.

posted on Feb, 19 2004 @ 08:33 PM
link   
actually, there is fission going on in the earth's core. i'll try and find an article on it. i'm not saying it'll explode though. if a volcano errupts big deal, it happens all the time.

posted on Feb, 19 2004 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by cmdrkeenkid
actually, there is fission going on in the earth's core. i'll try and find an article on it. i'm not saying it'll explode though. if a volcano errupts big deal, it happens all the time.

barbaric.hfs-design.at...

I don't think that anyone really knows for sure.

I missed this movie
www.washingtonpost.com...

posted on Feb, 19 2004 @ 08:54 PM
link   
yeah, i was just about to post that it was only a theory. sorry for giving wrong information. i thought it had been proven.

posted on Feb, 19 2004 @ 11:40 PM
link   
I'm certainly not losing any sleep thinking about the earth exploding. It's been here a few billion years so it should make it for at least a few more decades.

However that super volcano in the American West would be of concern if it exploded.

New thought for today, if potassium is radioactive, now I know why potatoes give me so much energy, I'm eating nuclear fuel, lol.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join