It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Psychowars: How to manipulate the masses

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Duality

You do realize that if people read and took this thread seriously, the 'painful reading may just subside for bit...right?

Hey, either way, thanks for getting me to recognize and repeat the phrase you wanted associated with this subject matter...

Next time, stay on topic and don't utilize 'indirect ridicule' to dissuade from the topic.

Indirect Ridicule...not just for in the know monkeys anymore.

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 02:43 AM
link   
How did you find NLP when you did it? Did you become manipulative?

NLP programming is a real worry. I know someone who did that in the 80's and she is like some robot. She gives nothing of herself and gets nothing. She has avoided any close real friendships and is not regarded as a close real friend and it is all due to the false manipulation program of NLP, not that she gets that. It should be banned, it's so scary what it has done to her.

[edit on 3-4-2008 by spaceweaver]

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by spaceweaver

I dont think NLP has "done" that to her. Its a personality thing. I know plenty of NLP-people who are quite ok to hang around with.

NLP is simply a method of studying what certain succesful people did and then trying to copy that. The idea is that if you use the same strategy as someone who succeeded in something, you can do it too.

Some derivatives of it are cheap and manipulative, such as the "speed seduction" crap being sold out there. Other variations are sound and educative.

One reason NLP has "gone bad" over the years is because people misunderstand what the original founders where getting it and use it for their tiny, small-minded greed and ego-trips.

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 02:27 AM
link   
Good thread
its nice to see somebody successfully educating people on these issues. when i tried to open some people eyes to these things all i received was hostility confusion or apathy. ive always spotted these things and had a natural tendency to use these tricks without even realizing it because of my heritage (fairly closely related to a certain royal bloodline i wont mention here. the natural ability to manipulate and dominate the weak minded runs in the family ) so many of my family members use these tricks on each other and you learn fast. its funny because ive always felt it was wrong to use it in certain negative ways and always tried to teach good people how to be aware of it and think for themselves as i only feel its ok to use these tricks on bad people. its kind of ironic because my constant ability to stand up and do the right thing despite peer pressure has made me a sort of black sheep of the family yet in reality im the only white sheep strong enough to be open about what i am

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 10:17 AM
link   
good stuff.

Where are sources on this subject so I could read more about it?

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 06:36 AM
link   
meant to be awaken

I would ask too, where can I find an additional and more comprehensive readings, regarding exactly the same model and examples..

No question, why this thread has less than the usual attention and participation..

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by fisk

I would ask too, where can I find an additional and more comprehensive readings, regarding exactly the same model and examples..

I dont really know any book or comprehensive source of information on this. Thats the reason I made a thread about it...to collect some of the techniques.

Most people are subtly aware of them without spelling them out or writing/reading about them.

Some are too embarrased to look at them because we all use them to a greater or lesser extent.

Thanks for reviving this thread

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 06:55 AM
link   
reply to post by fisk

As one other poster in this thread said Awareness is the source of this type of information.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

I think you just changed my whole outlook.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by fisk

There is a lack of literature on this stuff. If too many knew how various stuff actually works, it would not work anymore.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 04:06 PM
link   
awesome post,i can relate to the push and pull tech 100%
it works on girls,they get so used to the attencion they come rushing back

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 05:23 PM
link   
I see the global warming new religion using all these techniques beautifully.

You want to save the planet don't you? Well let us start taxing the air you breathe.

The public, corporations and governments are falling over themselves trying to become a greener shade of green.

Any criticism of this phenomena is met with irrational backlash and the person is shunned from society. Talk about a blank cheque.

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 03:58 AM
link   
S+F....will definitely make time to read this on my days off!

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 05:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Gamma MO

The "Global Warming caused by Humans" cult is a prime example of this, yes.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by xnibirux
The education system, in my opinion, is one of the most powerful systems the manipulators of the world use.

The thing about the education-system is that they educate but they dont teach about education and the process and method of education itself. And therein lies the conspiracy.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 10:03 AM
link   
I sometimes choose a different route of persuasion. The route of reptilian mind alternation. This is far more effective then before mentioned strategies

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Excellent resources. In case this has not been added:

Title The Rape of the Mind: The Psychology of Thought Control, Menticide, and Brainwashing
Author MD Joost a M Meerloo
Publisher Progressive Press, 2009
ISBN 1615773762, 9781615773763
Length 320 pages

books.google.com...

SINCE 1933, when a completely drugged and trial-conditioned human wreck confessed to having started the Reichstag fire in Berlin, Dr. Joost A. M. Meerloo has studied the methods by which systematic mental pressure brings people to abject submission, and by which totalitarians imprint their subjective "truth" on their victims' minds. The first two and one-half years of World War II, Dr. Meerloo spent under the pressure of Nazi-occupied Holland, witnessing at firsthand the Nazi methods of mental torture .on more than one occasion. During this time he was able to use his psychiatric and psychoanalytic knowledge to treat some of the victims. Then, after personal experiences with enforced interrogation, he escaped from a Nazi prison and certain death to England, where he was able, as Chief of the Psychological Department of the Netherlands Forces, to observe and study coercive methods officially. In this capacity he had to investigate not only traitors and collaborators, but also those members of the Resistance who had gone through the utmost of mental pressure. Later, as High Commissioner for Welfare, he came in closer contact with those who had gone through physical and mental torture. After the war, he came to the United States, where his war experiences would not permit him to concentrate solely on his psychiatric practice, but compelled him to go beyond purely medical aspects to the social aspects of the problem.

found the whole publication online:

www.lermanet.com...

[edit on 2-6-2010 by tecumsah]

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 06:31 AM
link   
I do realize this thread is quite old but it is also SO good. I think it needs more attention, which is why I am curious skyfloating if you ever did find anymore techniques to add to the list?

After reading through the NLP parts I have found myself becoming acutely aware of where my eyes are in response to what I am currently thinking. This is fascinating stuff!

I have learned quite a lot so far, so cheers!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join