It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Psychowars: How to manipulate the masses

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 11:24 AM
link   
The education system, in my opinion, is one of the most powerful systems the manipulators of the world use. Does that change your thoughts on what your children's future will be, just like you?

[edit on 7-3-2008 by xnibirux]

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Whenever i think of 9/11 i think of this quote.

“Why of course the people don’t want war . . . That is understood. But, after all, it is the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliment, or a communist dictatorship. . . .voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are under attack, and denounce the peacemakers for lack patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country.”
~ Herman Göring, during his Nuremberg war crimes trial

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 05:19 PM
link   
This thread is definitely 'on the mark' as it tells how the political systems on this planet, ours included, find ways to manipulate it's citizen's to a viewpoint that 'it' wants the citizen's to have. Business's do it to, through their advertising. The systems also use film to manipulate it's citizen's. The most infamous film of this type is 'Triumph Of The Will' by Leni Reifenstahl for Nazi Germany. Even the Educational Sestem is used to mold minds to 'acceptable' points of view. And even smart people on the outside can use these techniques to mold other peoples viewpoints to theirs. Charles Manson is one example of this type of person. The list could go on and on.

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 05:29 PM
link   
I didn't know about this thread. I just started this one. Mar. 5/08.
www.abovetopsecret.com...'

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 07:07 PM
link   
You wouldn't happen to be in sales would you? Because I am and a lot of this stuff is used on a daily basis. I pride myself on being honest but sometimes I get fed up with picky know-it-all customers and I'll just use tactics like these to shut them up and seal the deal.

This stuff does work. It doesn't work on everyone, theres plenty of people that see right through it, but there's plenty more that take it hook,line and....you know the rest.

I don't like doing these things, but sometimes people need to have their mind made up for them. It's sad but a lot of people have trouble thinking for themselves.

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by concreteconspiracy
Perhaps the greatest remedy of all…Awareness!

Awareness, common sense, questioning authority. Definitely traits the American people are lacking.

Yeah, awareness is the key. Even more so than action, in my opinion. Awareness of manipulation weakens the manipulation. For example, if I share I technique I am using with you, I wont be able to use it against you anymore because you´ll notice what Im doing.

The greatest secret "they" have is that they have no power over us unless we harbour fear.

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by scientist

Brilliant additions to the thread. I´d completely forgotten about these techniques myself.

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by PlausibleDeniability
You wouldn't happen to be in sales would you? .

No Im not in sales.

But as a teenager I used to be a good liar. And since "it takes one to know one" I could detect the lies of others pretty well.

posted on Mar, 9 2008 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by jbondo

You gave a perfect example in #7 as I am in the diamond industry and know for a fact that DeBeers hoards diamond gemstones in unbelievable quantities thereby inflating the value.

Truth be told, a 1 carat diamond is in reality worth less than $20. However, DeBeers does it perfectly by letting out a few stones and then cutting off the supply. After awhile they do it again and again, etc...

They use #7 all the way to the bank!

Thanks for confirming what we all suspect.

Would you say the movie "Blood Diamond" is more or less accurate?

posted on Mar, 9 2008 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by scientist

The reason I hadnt brought up those NLP-techniques you mention is because they are more about manipulation on a personal level rather than a mass-psychowarfare level. But interesting nonetheless.

posted on Mar, 9 2008 @ 02:17 PM
link   
This is such a great thread, reminds me of the old threads I had from before on How to control people, etc...

Have you all ever reaqd the 48 Laws of Power? By Robert Greene? it is something similar in manupilation.. I dont think being manipulative, you know because I really think and liken the masses as sheep that needs a sheperad to control them.... what happens when the sheep goes astray? eh? mass chaos...

Hmm....

posted on Mar, 9 2008 @ 02:46 PM
link   
With all the forms of media and entertainment available today we are constantly being bombarded with literally hundreds if not thousands of ways to subvert our own free thought. It is virtually impossible to avoid all the methods of mind control employed against us even if we are aware of many of them.

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 06:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
1. The Yes-Street Technique
2. Create your own enemy
3. Diverting Attention

Unfortunately you have missed the most important characteristic which is being used, exploited blah blah from thousands of years in many nations on this planet. Religion
One can see the impact of this say brain washing fanaticism...as some experts say "Time is slowly setting in for the Clash of the Civilizations!"
Religion is the single factor, successfully used to sway the people and make them as human cattle

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 06:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Sukhoi50

I would broaden that statement to say "fixed belief-systems", which would also include all the fundamentalist anti-religious movements.

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 02:46 PM
link   
I saw where Freight Tomson referenced the Helgian Diatribe, which I assume is another phrasing of the Helgian Theory I had heard of previously. It seems to me to be the most widely used and successful method of mass population control.

In a nutshell...

1. Create a problem. (can be real or imagined)

2. Create fear of the problem. (the more scary the better)

3. When the public is scared enough, offer a solution to the problem. (which usually involves throwing lives or tax dollars at it.)

4. A grateful population eagerly accepts the offered solution without question.

5. Rinse and repeat as necessary to achieve whatever nefarious goals are desired.

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

I love this old zen-parable

I love this and I copied it!!! Thanks!!!

Just because its natural for one person, and learned for another, shouldn't mean one person is being themselves and the other is being manipulative.

I have found that when a manipulative person is confronted with their own tactics they usually get pissed off, and say things like “two wrongs don’t make a right.” I think that is a good sign that they are fully aware, whether it is learned or unlearned.

Unless a person is a sociopath or a psychopath, the use of these techniques is more subconscious and impossible to curtail.

Is there a disconnect in the mind that would not enable a person to know how to govern themselves (excluding sociopaths or psychopaths)?

Also, do people relinquish their belief because the world is so screwed up?

I could use a pair of sunglasses from the movie

You could have mine.

Which leads me to also think that may have been attempting to influence my thoughts and behaviour...or manipulate me.

Any manipulation which has been done to me I consider as manure on the garden of life.

So act accordingly

I don’t know about this, it seems as though if you play their game you become them. On the other hand, if they are fishing for falsehood, let them catch the truth of themselves.

Corporate ownership intermingled with secret society members,

etc., etc., etc…

Did you every think what would happen if millions of people all over the world decided to turn off their TV for one week?

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Morrie glared at him, then looked at Strider. "Who is this?"

"That's what I want to know," said Sam, who had fidgeted silently
beside his master during the confrontation with Strider. "I don't
trust him." He glared at Strider. "What say you to that?"

"That you are an idiot," answered Strider. "If I was not who I
say I am, I could have easily overpowered you already. You have
just seen how I willingly gave the Ring back to your master. In
fact, if I wanted to kill you all, I could do it -- NOW!"

It's good to know how people think or how they want you to
believe they think. It's good to be aware of these "smart"
people says Eye, as you might be the next victim.

If you made it this far down this thread then you're probably
already in trace - Wake Up and smell the coffee! Ding

Break Trance Please!!

Hook or Line or Sinker?

Where are the UseNet hired trolls when you don't need them ?

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by candlelight32

I had to read this three times before I "got it". Uncomfortably deep stuff

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 05:14 AM
link   

I would broaden that statement to say "fixed belief-systems", which would also include all the fundamentalist anti-religious movements.

Religion is an internal matter, it is not a competition between them
Nations effectively mean people! They should not fall pray in the name of Religion or create a hyper fluid situation with some sort of nationalistic driven Religious superiority takes over to dictate and rattle others, which always happens in the Middle East

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 07:58 AM
link   

1. The Yes-Street Technique

I wanna get my audience to agree with something controversial, so I´ll first start by saying a bunch of things that they already agree with and already believe in. This is how I build trust. Then, when I have them all nodding and agreeing at the principles Ive laid out, I can also sell the more disagreeable stuff. This is the basic cult-recruitment technique. You cannot recruit anyone for a cult if you do not first offer enough benefits to get the person hooked. Once hooked you can sell him anything you want. It goes without saying that politicians also love to use this one. This is called "the yes-street technique" because one first gets someone into the habit of saying yes, yes, yes, yes before offering something he/she would have otherwise said "no" to.

Remedy: Discernment. Nothing is completely black or white. Just because organization/politician/book X has said many true things in the past doesnt mean that everything coming from that source is good and true.

This is a great thread, but oh my god do I wish people would take notice of this rule on ATS.

Nobody questions anything on here, especially if the information is from a 'reputable' source. Eg. I was sickened by the Ralph Ring podcast on teleportation, the guy provides no evidence, tells the tallest tale I think I've ever heard but it's accepted because he's 'reputable' or something... Give me a break!

Additionally (and this is something I touch on a lot here) people seem to think that becuase they've already come into the world of alternative thought by joining ATS they too are exempt from providing any evidence or credible stories. Worst of all there's a billion people on here who are ready to hang off every word, no matter how ridiculous and even occasionally defend these posters without ever being able to know if they're telling the truth!

Thanks for the thread but I wish people would take the advice and use it on here, it'd save me a lot of painful reading.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join