It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Government publications and E-books

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 11:09 AM
link   
I am not sure if this is the right place to ask this question if it isn't please move to proper forum.

About a year ago I ran across a web site ware you could download government manuals and hard to find ebooks for free. I bookmarked the site and downloaded a bunch of different survival manuals. of course I did not back up that hard drive and lost it all when the hard drive accidentally got formated.

Does anybody here happen to know the site I am talking about. it was not a government owned and or run site but it specialized in hard to find government manuals.

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 11:14 AM
link   
as much as i despise stormfront...

www....[hate-site-nolink]/forum/showthread.php/loads-military-survival-ebooks-463071.html

oh wow, i guess i can't link to it. sorry, I guess since there are some hateful people on one website, that means you are condemned to be in ignorance of anything else that site has to offer.

ATS hypocrisy at it's best, yet again.

[edit on 6-3-2008 by scientist]

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by scientist

Like You, I disagree with their message, but they do have a lot of useful information on their site.

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 11:29 AM
link   
WWW.CHEAPERTHANDIRT.COM

WWW.CAMPINGSURVIVAL.COM

Under books

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 11:44 AM
link   
The site I am talking about let you download them for free. They didn't have an agenda Such as that other site. I thought I ran across it on the ATS survival forums a few days ago when I was looking threw old threads but today I cant find it. I should have booked marked it then but I was very tired and didn't think about it.

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 11:57 AM
link   
This may not be the site you were talking about, but it's has a lot of free books on survival in .pdf format that you can download. Hope it helps.

www.ahrimangate.com...

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 04:40 PM
link   
I was wondering, but supposing a community college offered a 2 year associates degree program that focuses exclusively on Survival Techniques. What I would like to know is:
1) What would this program be called?
2) And what would be the curriculum for such a program?

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Palasheea

I don't know about community colleges Palasheea, but the University I attended offered a minor in miltary science. The program was closed a few years ago sadly do to downsizing.

I took marksmanship, basic survival, land navigation & orientation, professional Army officer, and Military history of the US. These courses were open to everyone and were educational as well as fun. Well, they were all fun except the history course.

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Wow! Thanks lLoyd!

I'll check out those courses offered in those Military Science programs out there.... that's a good place to start and thanks for mentioning that!

[edit on 6-3-2008 by Palasheea]

join