It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is it the right time to buy tin-foil hats?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 10:30 AM
link   
I thought that remote image viewing is in a distant future.
I guess i am wrong. It is just years away:

The breakthrough by American scientists took MRI scanning equipment normally used in surgical procedures to observe patterns of brain activity when a subject examined a range of black and white photographs. Then a computer was able to correctly predict in nine out of 10 cases which image people were focused on - random guesswork would have been accurate only eight times in every 1,000 attempts

www.guardian.co.uk...

In 2005 they could recognise only what patterns people look at:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Now , 3 years later, complete black and white pictures. What will be in another 3 years?
I may sound like a seniour citizen, but future scares me a lot. And it is the near future. "Your dream last night was totally inapropriate. Shame on you..." - seems totally possible.

Anyway, what do you think?

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Waaaaay ahead of you!!

2nd line.

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Tinhatman

HaHa forward thinking lot aint we!

Man I never knew things were developing like this in this area - I mean I was aware of some pretty advanced computer games that were controlled by a skull cap thing with the sensors (not implanted) but that was basically moving a dot up/down/left/right - and the robotics from implanted sensors for implants.

and to recreate scenes moving in front of cats by recording information directly from the feline’s neurons (New Scientist print edition, 2 October 1999)

Man that must of been one freaked out cat!

So they are on the verge of reading emotion and intention and real visual images - jeese! and that is the cleaned up press release I bet, I know computers have had problems with facial expressions for a long time, there is too many variables like race and language, each person has to be introduced to the program for it to gain enough data. Maybe this will some day become some sort of every day interface?

This thread is so much of a coincidence - last night I watched the episode of red dwarf where they have to go to the prison ship - and they got to wear the guide boots get their minds read and Rimmer gets 9,000 years in the justice zone cos he killed the crew of Red Dwarf.... Man I love been sad

join