It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Explosion Reported at Times Square Military Recruiting Station; Traffic, Subway Diverted

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 02:40 AM
link   
I don't know who planted the bomb, but I am pretty sure it will be used against us.

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 07:44 AM
link   
reply to post by mother_jung

Right on, my friend, for what I saw yesterday in the news it was very clear that this is geared to push another agenda.

The hated and controversial civil right spitting homegrown terrorist bill.

No injuries and just a small bomb, yes I smell rat, but as anybody can see since 9/11 and this BS administration agenda anything is possible.

Get ready for the next step in the American/bush saga.

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 07:52 AM
link   
To everything there is a reason....
...and a season. And they are going to have to come up (unfortunatly) with something a bit scarier pretty soon here that affects many lives because "they" know nobody is beleiving them! People are just not buying all this terror crap at this time. Its going to take something BIG for people to shut up for awhile. Just awhile.
I shudder to think what they have up their sleeve.

It terrifies me...but that's the purpose, right?

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 09:59 AM
link   

The person who sent letters to members of Congress that included a photo of the recruitment station "is not the bomber" who attacked the building Thursday, law enforcement sources say.

"The letter's really innocuous," New York Police Commissioner Ray Kelly told CNN's "American Morning" Friday. "It's really advice to the Democratic Party as to how to win the 2008 election."

The letters drew suspicion because they were delivered to members of Congress the day of the bombing and included a picture of the recruitment station with the words, "We did it."

Kelly said the letter writer claims the picture was the writer's 2006 holiday card and the words "We did it" referred to the Democrats' takeover of Congress in that year's elections.
SOURCE

I don't know about you guys, but this thing is sounding rather fishy to me...

[edit on 7-3-2008 by Odessy]

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Someone leaked that story about the letters so there is backpedaling now and I have a feeling that this may not be the first time that they were sent. There are specifics about crimes that are not revealed on purpose. Could this be such a situation?

This is a serial bomber if nothing else. But where there is one nut there are many.

As far as bieng to Time Square, when was the last bombing you saw there??

I mean, I am from NY and I don't remember the occasional bombing unless it was gang related

[edit on 7-3-2008 by esdad71]

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 01:54 PM
link   
The fact that this was done in the middle of Times Square in Manhattan is what makes this a profound statement. If someone had pitched a pipe bomb practically anywhere else, it would not have made half the statement that this one has. You have to consider the mystique that is attached to Times Square by people around the world who have never even been there. NYC has a mystique, Manhattan more so, especially post 9/11. Then Times Square is like the Holy of Holies. Definate PsyOp, wether or not it was a "lone nut."

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 02:16 PM
link   
It will be animal rights.

A day before the attack, a video on YouTube showed a US Marine throwing a puppy to it's death. ALF do attacks like this all the time in the UK and the US, but it goes unreported because the targets are not government/military. The bomb was home made and amateurish, classic example of what the ALF use.

This could be the first high profile attack.

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 04:27 PM
link   
well.. it's like I've been saying over and over again for the last 2 years to friends at work, I seriously doubt we'll have a new president in '09. We in a 'sudo' martial law right now, just no soldiers on streets. The way the PA is written, Pres, or VP can decide what will constitute an 'emergency' They deem whatever they think is necessary.

Originally posted by marg6043
reply to post by mother_jung

Right on, my friend, for what I saw yesterday in the news it was very clear that this is geared to push another agenda.

The hated and controversial civil right spitting homegrown terrorist bill.

No injuries and just a small bomb, yes I smell rat, but as anybody can see since 9/11 and this BS administration agenda anything is possible.

Get ready for the next step in the American/bush saga.

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by jackinthebox
The fact that this was done in the middle of Times Square in Manhattan is what makes this a profound statement.

You know... this statement has made me re-think my previous assertions that this is likely a Gov't Psyop.

No doubt the PTB want to control our fears and emotions prior to the election and they have everything to gain by doing so, but an attack in NYC makes them appear foilbled and KeyStone Cop-ish. If nothing else, they want that city locked up tight with absolutely no incidents. Middle America is where they would likely target, like a soft under-belly.

No, this incident shows real weakness. I am leaning toward Infinite's scenario at this point or anti-war/ELF - type movements.

apc

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Odessy

Hah! Riiiiight. Someone just happened to take a picture in front of the recruiting station and just happened to mail it so that it just happened to arrive at the same time that very station was bombed.
Just one big coinkadink. That seems to happen a lot.

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 07:55 PM
link   
This has got psyop written all over it, and fits in perfectly with the focus on ‘domestic terrorism’ we’ve been seeing for some time now. The last time that the natives were this restless, we saw the formation of militia’s all over the country, and the PTB’s response was OKC, which effectively ended the militia movement. I think that this time around, it’ll be a small nuke or a dirty bomb and it will result in full on martial law. Get your popcorn ready folks, the show is about to begin.

posted on Mar, 8 2008 @ 04:40 AM
link   
I think some people are over-reacting and need to stop reading infowars.com.

This is not going to lead towards a police state, it's probably animal rights. The news about the US solider throwing a puppy off a cliff in Iraq is all over the animal rights movement as we speak.

Within 24 hours of that video appearing on YouTube, a recuritement center is bombed. It's not a coincidence.

posted on Mar, 8 2008 @ 05:28 AM
link   
reply to post by infinite

While the animal rights angle is possible, I don't find it to be very probable. Most all of Mortari's personal info (parents address, girlfriend's address, phone numbers, etc.) was widely spread within hours; so an attack against a recruitment center, especially one on the other side of the country, seems a bit out of place when one could easily go straight to the source.

posted on Mar, 8 2008 @ 05:48 AM
link   
reply to post by redmage

Not really, ALF do this all the time.

They will attack everything linked to it. But if it was this group, the attack would have been claimed by now.

The other possible group are anarchists, those guys do not need a reason to blow things up.

posted on Mar, 9 2008 @ 03:19 AM
link   
reply to post by kosmicjack

No doubt the PTB want to control our fears and emotions prior to the election and they have everything to gain by doing so, but an attack in NYC makes them appear foilbled and KeyStone Cop-ish. If nothing else, they want that city locked up tight with absolutely no incidents. Middle America is where they would likely target, like a soft under-belly.

I disagree. The message they will be sending out is this. "See, even in our most protected city, the security is not enough. There is no room for American rights during a time of war, if we are to protect ourselves. Despite everything we have done so far, it is still not enough. You must give up your rights so that we can protect you."

It doesn't make them look Keystone Copish. It makes the American public feel irresponsible for not letting the government do what they say must be done to protect us. If someone had thrown a pipe-bomb at a recruiting office in Texas or Colorado, we probably would not even be talking about it right now. But by having it happen in NY, there is a better chance of having "the line" drawn further back now as a result. This is how they advance the agenda. The front-line in the war for our rights as Americans is being fought in NYC, not in Austin or Aspen, or Kansas City.

The more time passes that no one claims responsibility, the less chance there is of it being an organized opposition group trying to further an animal rights agenda or an anti-war agenda. If it was a political statement, the perpetrators would have wanted the world to know. ELF left their name spray-painted all over the place at their last crime-scene.

Ask yourself this, what is the only agenda that can be pushed forward, without any claim of responsibility?

[edit on 3/9/0808 by jackinthebox]

posted on Mar, 9 2008 @ 04:44 AM
link   
The administration is going to link this guy with some civil rights group that they have been itching at getting rid of and use it and the Patriot Act to brutally rape some rights. Probably some small group that no one has heard of and then test the publics reaction when the whole group gets "Renditioned" right up the "Eschelon".

[edit on 9-3-2008 by mother_jung]

posted on Mar, 9 2008 @ 05:02 AM
link   
reply to post by jackinthebox

But if this apart of the so called "police state" theory, why set off an amateurish bomb? A car bomb in Times Square would send out a louder message and would be able to increase the fear more.

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join