It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US marine charged over Japan rape

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 02:56 AM
link   

US marine charged over Japan rape

mwcnews.net

Hirokazu Nakaima, the governor of Okinawa, said he felt "great anger" over the alleged assault.

"I can never forgive such a crime, especially when the victim is a junior high school student."

A similar incident involving the rape of a 12-year-old Japanese schoolgirl by three US servicemen in Okinawa sparked huge protests in 1995.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
news.bbc.co.uk

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 02:56 AM
link   
Yeah "feel sorry" for the family when the girl suffers for life and all that marine gets is fun-time in jail for 4-5 years and he can go back to do the same again.

mwcnews.net
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 02:57 AM
link   
I wonder if he should jump off a balcony like all other pedophiles.

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 03:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by mattguy404
I wonder if he should jump off a balcony like all other pedophiles.

Naa i don't think he feels that guilty to jump off a balcony.

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 08:41 AM
link   
I am absalutely disgusted!

The marine tried it on with the young girl and when she didn't let him,he raped her.These marines are turning into animals!

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 08:52 AM
link   
I'd imagine fellow US service compatriots and their families are all jazzed-up about being confined to base in Okinawa... again.

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Attari
Yeah "feel sorry" for the family when the girl suffers for life and all that marine gets is fun-time in jail for 4-5 years and he can go back to do the same again.

Well, not defending the Marine that did this, but I'm willing to bet that he won't be getting "fun time" in jail for 4-5 years. A military detention facility isn't like some white collar lockup. He'll be paying for his crimes every night. His screams of pain ignored every...single...time. When the prison doctor can WALK into his rectum to see the damage done, then and only then will he realize how badly he screwed up.

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by V Kaminski
I'd imagine fellow US service compatriots and their families are all jazzed-up about being confined to base in Okinawa... again.

You know that is going over like a lead balloon. Nothing like being confined to the base, and the guy that caused the problems is safely in lock up where they can't reach him to express their displeasure.

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Who knows? Maybe he will "jump" of a building?

A shame indeed. Apparently it is not as uncommon as we might think. The Japanese culture is one in which reporting a rape may not be the easiest thing fo ra young girl to do.

I am interested to see if the Okinawans finally ask for the US to leave, and if so, how we will respond.

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 09:07 AM
link   
This is not the 1st time US marines has been raping japanese girls...must be they watch too much Japanese AV and buay tahan....

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Sgt Tyrone Luther Hadnott, from Camp Courtney base, is alleged to have raped the local girl in a parked car.

The 38-year-old denies the accusation but has admitted to forcibly kissing the girl. He has not been charged.

I was stationed on Camp Courtney for 2 years from 2002-2004, and at another Japanese base ni 2005. I have to say that Japanese females between 14 and 30 look exactly the same age wise. It's all great nubile eye candy for the foreigners and the elderly japanese people alike just because you really can't tell if they are 14 or 24. You can tell the middle school girls apart from the high school because of the shorter skirt length and color though. In Tokyo, there is a place called "hentai hill" where old japanese guys sit and gawk at the school girls as they come to and leave school. It's a normal thing to look. I'm pretty sure that school girl uniforms themselves undergo some type of pervertedness testing, and if they are not perverted enough, then they won't be used

Anyway, so far they are just allegations. No need to condemn the guy for rape already, although he does appear to be an appropriate pervert for kissing the girl. I can tell you that the Marine Corps. does not take stuff like this lightly at all. All I did was bring my Okinawan girlfriend into the barracks one morning for about 5 minutes, and I got 30 days restriction to the barracks, had to pay around $3,000 dollars in lost pay, lost my POV license, almost had to sell my car, received a bunch of extra duties, and some other misc. crap thrown at me. The only reason I wasn't demoted was because I had some good people speak up for me, but my promotion was also delayed for about 8 months because of it. I couldn't even imagine what they did to this guy.

Just because of the allegations, every military member, spouse, and civilian DOD employee was restricted to only on base activites, while they could drive to and from off base housing, but could not stop at any off base location, such as a gas station, place to eat, etc.. It is going to get much more strict now. People from ATS would think they were living in 1984 already just because of the actions of a few people.

That said, I think the Air Force is winning in the rape game - their youngest is 10. The USMC is winning at the getting #faced drunk and beating up a taxi driver game.

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 09:27 AM
link   
a few points - first the japanes authorities are dropping criminal proceedings in the case of the 14YO , but the USMC seems to be continueing couts martial proceedings , read here

next - japanese internal proceedures and attitudes to sexual violence seem to be desperatly in need of a BIG shake up according to this reportage - google returns other similar stories

lastly - why is this a damnation on the marine corp , or a reason for the US to leave / be expelled from Okinawa ?

i have not time to search just now - but if i could google a case of rape / murder by a japanese national commited in the USA - whould that be an indictment of the nation of japan - or a reason for japanese to be deported ??

no - of course not -

i am not defending the actions of anyone - but this ` the criime of one is an indictment of the entire organisation ` is getting rather tiresome

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mr. Ree
It's a normal thing to look. I'm pretty sure that school girl uniforms themselves undergo some type of pervertedness testing, and if they are not perverted enough, then they won't be used.

Seriously, I mean come on...

Also, this is another reason the USMC and US military in general will likely reduce the force levels in the coming years to other places across the South Eastern pacific and especially at Guam. Local tensions have always been apart of the environment and atmosphere in Okinawa, not just because of things like this but a whole host of reasons. It's just one of those things that builds up and really blows up when one person messes up. It is really unfair to the rest of the men and women stationed there because they are automatically black eyed in the press and public not to mention the consequences they have to face, such as being largely restricted to one base activity. That may not sound like a lot but it is and it can get very uncomfortable and hard after just a few days.

And to the one poster above who irrationally and pathetically called all Marines "animals", you sir are [stereotyping all marines].

Moderator note:
Civility & Decorum are Expected

[edit on 6-3-2008 by dbates]

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 09:34 AM
link   
I'll broach the obvious...why are our troops even there? To keep an eye on an enemy we defeated over sixty years ago who is now one of our closest allies?

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by t0ken

The marine tried it on with the young girl and when she didn't let him,he raped her.These marines are turning into animals!

i tend to think marines/army/navy now a days (im not saying every service men/women) are mostly made up of small town go nowheres looking to get out for awhile and lack good education on their part of learning isnt cool kinda thing

i know when i was in school i didnt care for it much but its only after that i didnt have to go that i enjoyed learning

i read about 3 -4 books a week

stuff like this was happening in vietnam also, i think war just breaks men down to animalistic nature and just has a part of their mind and reality shut off

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by ignorant_ape

There has been strong resistance to our presence in Okinawa for a long time. Every time somethign happens on the island there are news articles and letters and so forth about how the Okinawans are just fine without the US being there. I had a family member stationed there in the 90's and he wrote us about it often. I only bring it up in this case because this has made international news and strong moves against uS presence seems to be th enorm reaction now.

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by WestPoint23

So if the japanese girls look 'tempting' with their mini-skirts does that give the US soldiers excuse to let them freely feel them up and when the girls resist,than rape them?

They are there to protect the country,NOT RAPE IT!

And NO i am not an idiot for raising my vioce against rapists!

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by t0ken

This stuff goes on EVERYDAY here in the states by people just like you & I. So we are ALL animals!! I am all for punishing people who forcably RAPE any female, but why does it have to be so profound when done my a military man????

You people put these threads/posts up here "Soldier does this" "Marine does that" Sailor arrested for this" etc....yet the same day you post that article 100 others are out there about the common man doing the same or even worse things. Not sure if your hate for government, or Bush, or whatever has made you forget that their are fewer scumbags in our military then in our civilian population. I just find it foolish to try and put these threads up there like the rape/killing/arrest of a soldier has more impact then that of someone working a 9-5 job. In both cases lives were hurt or destroyed, families grieving, etc....

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by rcwj75

Hmm nicely explained! But soldiers PROTECT not RAPE!

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by t0ken

Just like teachers teach, doctors heal, managers manage, etc...all irrelevant when it comes to raping a women...job, profession, background, color, etc...DON'T MEAN ANYTHING....or shouldn't IMO...

The rape of a woman by a janitor to me is no less then that of this Marine...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join