It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Republican McCain trails Clinton and Obama: poll

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 02:39 AM
link   

Republican McCain trails Clinton and Obama: poll

www.rawstory.com

Presumptive Republican presidential nominee John McCain trails Democrats Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama in hypothetical matchups, according to a Washington Post-ABC News poll released on Wednesday.

Illinois Sen. Obama leads McCain by 12 percentage points -- 52 percent to 40 percent; New York Sen. Clinton leads McCain by 6 points -- 50 percent to 44 percent, the poll found.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.truthdig.com
www.cfr.org

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
www.abovepolitics.com...'

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 02:39 AM
link   
This is just another poll, but the point this is making is clear. It looks as it there is a good chance that there will be a Democratic President after the next election. I am sure most people in the U.S. have been thinking that might be what will happen, and this poll is now showing it.

www.rawstory.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Well I wouldn't put to much stock into the news station polls. They always have either Obama or Clinton pounding McCain.

If you take a look at a non biased poll such as the Rasmussen Report, which does surveys state by state, you will find that in most states McCain and Obama are running neck and neck, with McCain usually up by 1 or 2 points.

They haven't even polled McCain vs Clinton for a few weeks now, but when they did it was surprising how large a lead McCain had in virtually every state against Hillary.

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by nyk537

NYK
Thanks for the information. It is good to know.
I should have probably known there would be other reports like that.

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by nyk537
Well I wouldn't put to much stock into the news station polls. They always have either Obama or Clinton pounding McCain.

If you take a look at a non biased poll such as the Rasmussen Report, which does surveys state by state, you will find that in most states McCain and Obama are running neck and neck, with McCain usually up by 1 or 2 points.

I'm fascinated by this new information that the MRA firms hired by Pro-Republican Corporate News Agencies are biased and "Rasmussen" you say, is unbiased?

Please do tell. I'd seriously love a link-heavy 500 word essay on your facts. Fascinating.

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Firstly, I try not to listen to polls very much, and if you watch the video below, you'll see why.

Second, would you really be that surprised that people don't want another republican in office after the whack-job we have now? There's a reason why Obama's 'Change' slogan is working.

Anyway, without further adieu, here's that video:

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Frank Luntz is a hack and he knows it. So's, George Lakoff, but he doesn't.

I know it, which is why I'm the new Luntz-Lakoff. And I'm not. (Thats part of it too.)

I hate people. Buy my thing!

[Actually when 'marketing' says it it's buy mah thang, but you get the idea.]

[edit on 6-3-2008 by RANT]

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 05:48 PM
link   
This poll would suggest that Obama has a better chance of defeating McCain than Hillary does. But it's just one poll. Now the Democrats need to win in November. That would be a welcome change.

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Yes it is just one poll.
Despite if you want to see one party or another win the election, one important thing though, it is still quite some time before the election, and a lot can happen between now and then.

new topics

top topics

join