It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Twin Paradox & Special Relativity - My Theory

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 01:29 AM
link   
I was doing some reading on the Twin Paradox & Special Relativity one day and thought something up. Maybe it's been thought of already, but I'm not sure.

Here's the image of my notebook:

It reads

Bottom: Inside, the riders only experience "maybe" 2 weeks (Special Relativity) while traveling a distance of 8 light years to Earth.

Top: If the photon exhibits the same theory, observing the light from Sirius would not have been 8 years "old" when observed from Earth.

(Yes I know the notebook says 4 light years. It should be around 8 light years)

Twin Paradox

In physics, the twin paradox refers to a thought experiment in Special Relativity, in which a person who makes a journey into space in a high-speed rocket will return home to find he or she has aged less than an identical twin who stayed on Earth. This result appears puzzling, since the situation seems symmetrical, as the latter twin can be considered to have done the travelling with respect to the former. Hence it is called a "paradox". In fact, there is no contradiction and the apparent paradox is explained within the framework of relativity theory, and has been verified experimentally using precise measurements of clocks flown in airplanes.

Above Source: en.wikipedia.org...

new topics

join