It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pad “their” pockets!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Seatbelt laws not only piss me off, they are completely unconstitutional!

First of all, it has not even been completely proven that in all cases you are actually safer while wearing a seatbelt! Second the statistics that do “prove” seatbelt safety are highly skewed! Third, even if they are safer… Why is it up to good old Uncle Sam to decide whether or not I choose to protect myself from harm? Not only that, but be able to fine me if I so choose not to…

Exception… Seatbelt laws for kids are good… If they are under 18 it should be legally required!

But for the adults, lets face it… This is nothing more than a way for our local government to pad their freaking pockets!

Update: In the exact same catagory... Helmet laws!!!

[edit on 6-3-2008 by sparda4355]

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 01:01 AM
link   
Very true. But we need to get used to this type of control, because its only getting worse.

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 07:25 AM
link   
reply to post by sparda4355

Then don't wear one.

I'll take my chance with the seat belt. Figure the odds are better, than being turned into a human missile and going thru the windshield or something.

posted on Mar, 8 2008 @ 02:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by bg_socalif
reply to post by sparda4355

Then don't wear one.

I'll take my chance with the seat belt. Figure the odds are better, than being turned into a human missile and going thru the windshield or something.

I think you kind of "missed the point"...

I am not trying to debate whether or not wearing a seatbelt is safe... I am simply saying, if you choose to wear one, god bless you man, wear your safety belt... If I choose "not" to wear mine... I face the following...

Being pulled over (huge time waster)

Hefty fines (75-150 dollars depending where)

Being annoyed by some jack@$$ that should be busting real criminals...

Possibly being late to work (cause I got pulled over)

Missing out on a date with my beautiful girlfriend... (cause I got pulled over)

Why... because some jack@$$ decided he would start posting propaganda all over our TV sets to scare parents with newly driving teens into voting for a unconstitutional law! It is bull crap and everybody knows it! There is NO reason somebody should be able to force me to wear a seatbelt while driving a car that I not only paid for, I paid my tax dollars, my registration (tax dollars), my insurance (I am sure the goverment gets a good kickback from that considering it is enforced by them)... etc...

top topics

join