It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An inconvenient tax, not truth -My short rant

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Let me start by saying, I want to help the planet as much as the next guy, and I am sure I will get a decent amount of flack for posting this. It is hard for me to condone the rising gas prices, but honestly the amount of that which is tax is the outrage in my opinion. Gas is a commodity for which we should have to pay for. That is all well and good. However tax is just the arbitrary amount a governance believes is required for policies they have instilled. We aren't paying for gas. We are paying for the countless dead-end ethanol projects, alternative energy subsidies, and overall denial, that we aren't reliant upon fossil fuels. There is a point to be made that if global warming is a hoax, it is a very profitable one. And, more importantly, the controlling of the American people through the instillation of fear. Claiming the world is coming to an end becuase you car is not a hybrid is, well, ridiculous. In fact I recently heard the movie " an inconvenient truth" was stopped from being played in schools in th UK (at least by itself), because a court found the movie had been highly exaggerated by a group of scientists.
link:
abcnews.go.com...

This would have never happened in the United States, because we are all to eager to follow the latest greatest pied piper off the pier. Why are we acting like sheeple?

Honestly I don't believe our carbon footprint is going to be the end of the world. 2012, if it is in fact the end, will be cause by something far more catastrophic. Why are we being lured in to the bait and switch tactics of the New World Order into believing our main concern should be the environment. All the while turning a blind eye to the major attrocities being committed by random activists of global fronts.

Honestly I am starting to think the government wants us to think things are worse than they really are just to make us more controllable and predictable. What better sheep could we possibly be than those who pay more for mediocre hybrid vehicles while at the same time thinking this will somehow save the planet. And ourselves. Other than a measely tax credit at the end of the year these good hearted samaritans are pridefully stuck with lower quality, lower performance, cars. Breeding an "green" movement towards mindless devotion of stating the obvious. And taxing us all to the fullest. It's business as usual I guess. All the while thinking that this sort of movement will create a new ecological soldier or survivor. Come 2012, It will be the guys in Cammo, driving Hummers who will be the survivors, no offense.

Thanks for the venting period, I needed it. Just something to think about.

[edit on 5-3-2008 by theutahbigfoothunter]

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Our gas prices are because the Democrats and the treehuggers have screwed us royally. They have mad it so we are damned near totally dependent on other countries to produce our fuel. If we were drilling/producing our own fuel we wouldn't be having these problems.

new topics

join