It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Seeking 1964 Hollowman UFO information

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2005 @ 10:09 AM
link   

This post is OT but Gazrok is the bumb master

What exactly is a "bumb" and why am I their master?
can't tell if it's a compliment or an insult, but if I'm their master, I'm going to put those little bumbs to work!

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Condorcet

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 05:21 PM
link   
The dark rectangular item in the upper left of the photo looks like a blast fence common at most Air Force bases. When maintnenace personnel ran up jet engines to calibate instruments, the back end of an aircraft would point toward the fence. It has a segmented beveled arrangement and deflects the jet engine blast upward. These were commonly used during the 60's and even into the 80's and were usually located some distance away from the hangers. Now days, aircraft are towed to a "hush house" where water is sprayed toward the aft end of the jet blast thus quieting down the noise. The point is: The craft could be landing (or hovering) on a remote concrete pad some distance away from the flightline.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 05:36 PM
link   
here's OT thread to link this all together. i hope you guys find the missing 12 seconds of footage.
larged nosed holloman aliens
holloman's request

bomb master is a compliment but bum master is not
he did try to put that together huh

edit to add this video of 80's documentary 'bout holloman landing:
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...

[edit on 20-8-2008 by beastamerica]

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hal9000
I believe the craft in the picture is an old avrocar prototype. ..

We've seen many avro's, I have to disagree, none look like the craft in this picture. The avro were small, one seaters kind of "wrapped" around the pilot; this craft appears somewhat larger with window seats..very difficult to tell though from that single, blurry pic.

I'd give my left testy to see that 600-feet of video; were this a true story..

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by senshido

I think the incident you're referring to is covered in this
(Pentagon funded) UFO disclosure film from the Seventies.
Towards the end Rod Serling intimates the incident 'could have already happened'.

'It Has Begun'

Hollowman Air force base incident found at 1:23:14

Google Video Link

Cheers

[edit on 02/10/08 by karl 12]

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Here is 4 seconds of the film. This clip was taken from the video Unexplained Mysteries - Undercover UFOs. No information as to the source of this video is given but it is shown in between clips of AVRO type stuff and other obviously one-off experiments. 4 seconds is the max amount they show. Any longer clips out there? The triangular projection-ish effect on the left of the craft is odd. Seems like it might be some kind of damage to the film? It also seems like this is being shot handheld from inside a hanger with the sun almost directly overhead? You can see some kind of line/structure in the upper right corner for a moment. I'm curious as to the origin of this clip and from whence it entered the ufo scene. Not much definitive info on it that I have found so far.

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 03:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok

Gazrok, if i'm correct, the video comes from a documentary, which title was ????.
Its duration is 50/55 mins: we have to find it.

[edit on 28/2/2009 by internos]

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 06:55 PM
link   
I replied to this last week anonymously as I couldn't be bothered to look up my login. It apparently takes a long, long time for anonymous posts to show up so sorry for the double.

This clip was taken from the documentary tv series Unexplained Mysteries, episode 14, "Undercover UFOs" that aired in January 2004.

The show has 4 seconds of footage of the craft, all that you see here. No information is given about it. The clip is shown in between AVRO-esque prototypes and little single seater one-off VTOL jobs.

It seems to me that this is being filmed from inside a hanger looking out as you can see the top of of what looks like a roofline in the upper-right corner for a moment. I almost had the sense that I was looking at something that was filmed by shooting a projection of the original film against a wall as opposed to a proper analog transfer of the original film on an duplication machine.

The disappearing black thing on the left is odd. I'm having trouble making sense of what is going on there. Notice as it disappears the shadow doesn't change. I'm also curious to know if I should be seeing any dust blown up from the downdraft if this is an early AVRO prototype or if the film is so bad you wouldn't see that kind of thing anyways. Maybe they just have ridiculously clean runways.

Somebody said the silverish/white ball on the upper right of the craft is the pilot's helmet. You can't really tell for sure but that seems possible. The funny thing however is that if that is the pilot then it gives you a good sense of scale and implies that they painted some fake "portholes" on the side of it for their own amusement.

I remember when stills of this popped up on the net years ago w/ rumours of this being the alleged Holloman landing or the alleged Air Force training film but I have yet to see any authoritative references for where this clip came from. As far as I can tell it just popped into the public domain. I would be appreciative if anyone can offer solid info on the source of this film.

Enjoy

[edit on 1-3-2009 by not anonymous]

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Condorcet

You asked:

- Can anyone identify the background object? Could it be the roof of a hanger or weapons depot? Is there anything like it at Holloman AFB?

I am currently TDY at holloman...and I can say that Holloman has MANY weird buildings, hangars, and ammo bunkers that could look like that...or look like anything. Many of the buildings are hard to see...even while on base. I would love to supply photos of the base...but that's a major no no, and would jeapordize my career!

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 10:30 PM
link   
A second look at the clip and it seems like I am looking at an object that is in front of a large building, the craft's shadow being cast against the wall. The entire background is the side of a hanger.

The film is so poor that for all I know I could be looking at a model floating in front of a projected photographic background. If you look at it carefully though the "pilot" seems to be bouncing around a bit, independently of the craft.

Another thing that might be worth pointing out is that if this craft is a real test vehicle it appears to be quite a bit higher off the ground than the
Avrocar footage I've seen.

Still confused as to what the black triangle thingy that disappears on the left is though.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join