It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Passion Creator's Father adds to Flames

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2004 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

Originally posted by John Nada
The amount of people who are calling this movie anti-semetic BEFORE they've even seen it are stupid at best.

1) Well... there are valid concerns. The movie is based on the traditional "Passion Play" which has drummed up emotional anti-semitic furor throughout history.

2) Also... it's not uncommon for the religious views of a father, to hold influence over the views of the son.

1) Yeah, just like there were valid concerns when Monty Python and the Life of Brian came out. It's called over-reaction and it'll die down just like it always does, then in 10 years time people will think of it as a good/bad movie and nothing more.

2) It's not uncommon sure, but if everyone was like their father then we might as well top ourselves now, as that means we wont develope. Of course deep down we know that's rubbish, we make our own choices.

Mel has stated many times that he does not share his fathers views and are not reflected in the film, that's good enough for me. I'll wait until I actually see the bloody film.

posted on Feb, 20 2004 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Hands up anyone who thinks they're going to hate jews after seeing this film?

posted on Feb, 20 2004 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Anyone who hates Jews after seeing this film but not before would be an idiot.

Anyway NEO, who's changing the story?

If it is so inaccurate, then why did the pope say that the film was as it was, meaning back then?

posted on Feb, 20 2004 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Historical text and the Bible clearyly show that the Romans were the mian cause of Jesus' death. The Romans crucified him, the Jews turned him over to the Romans and convinced them that Jesus deserved to die.

On regards to THENEO's post, that is the biggest pile of BS I've ever heard. 6 million Jews did die in the Holocaust, its evidant in witness of Allied troops, confessions of Nazi scum POWs, and the bodies found at camps.

posted on Feb, 20 2004 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by John Nada 1) Yeah, just like there were valid concerns when Monty Python and the Life of Brian came out. It's called over-reaction and it'll die down just like it always does, then in 10 years time people will think of it as a good/bad movie and nothing more.
Yes. (Awesome movie) But the twials of Bwian was a fictional farce. This movie is based on the "Passion Play" which does have a history of encouraging hate and violence. The weak of mind are easily influenced... and there are no weaker minds than those... oh, well, never mind.

posted on Feb, 20 2004 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

Originally posted by John Nada
1) Yeah, just like there were valid concerns when Monty Python and the Life of Brian came out. It's called over-reaction and it'll die down just like it always does, then in 10 years time people will think of it as a good/bad movie and nothing more.

Yes. (Awesome movie) But the twials of Bwian was a fictional farce. This movie is based on the "Passion Play" which does have a history of encouraging hate and violence. The weak of mind are easily influenced... and there are no weaker minds than those... oh, well, never mind.

Yeah I understand what you're saying about the passion play, but what I'm saying is that this kind of furor always surrounds a film that tackles religion. Just look at "The Last Temptation of Christ" that came out to similar condemnation, there was uproar. Do people actually care now? About the only time it's mentioned is to say whether it's a good/bad film, or the Peter Gabriel soundtrack was good, nothing more.

This will die down and then no one will care, it's the way it always goes. How many people wanted to kill Scorsese like they do now with Gibson? I doubt Scorsese worries too much about that now and I doubt in a few years (probably sooner) neither will Gibson.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join