It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Love-Struck Graffiti Vandal Behind Bars

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Love-Struck Graffiti Vandal Behind Bars

news.sky.com

A love-struck graffiti artist who could not resist immortalising his heart's desire in paint has been jailed for two years.

For weeks "persistent offender" Raymond Agbegah sprayed trains and stations with the ardent declaration: "I love Emma."

It was the latest in a series of night-time attacks on railway property over nearly a decade, resulting in hundreds of thousands of pounds of damage.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 04:20 PM
link   
2 years for being a graffiti artist is just disgusting. The guy has a family ffs.

In the UK you can kill someone through wreckless driving and get nothing more than a suspended sentence and banned from driving for a few months.

Yeah, you could say he should have thought about that before doing it but 2 years??!!!!!

And thousands of pounds worth of damage?

The cleaning up cost thousands of pounds not the art. They are spending thousands of pounds removing art from dirty old walls, filthy, rundown outhouses scattered on the railways and old
carriages left in ruins on unused lines rusting on a squalid railway system being bled by the real criminals.

The real crime on the UK railway system is that of the fat cat bosses who hike up fares above inflation and give us a handful of shoddy carriages revamped from the '80s where you are forced to stand in cramped conditions like cattle.

These people should stand before a court and explain how they can steal from the public pocket while the rail system falls apart.

The 'thousands' spent on clean-up operations in the country are probably totally inflated costs being quoted by chums of the fat cats who run railway clean up companies.

This is a disgusting sentence - especially at a time when it's quite hard to get in jail these days - if you want to spend some time at Her Majesty's pleasure then make sure you book early!

Or go spray some paint on some rundown wall.

Just don't go committing any real crimes or you ain't getting in mister!!!

news.sky.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 5/3/2008 by skibtz]

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 04:27 PM
link   
All this, and no picture of Emma?

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Alxandro

I agree. This thread is useless without pics of Emma. Then, and only then, can we judge whether or not he should do tiime.

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Reminds me of that old movie Turk182

We have someone in our city that does something like this but he/she spray paints the phrase "You are beautiful"

I say big whoop! Two years for what this guy did is retarted...
He should have got a better lawyer and got it plead down to a lesser charge and just been sentenced to community service.

Hopefully Emma will write him in jail..

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 04:48 PM
link   
I bet emma is a girl on the internet.

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Two years?!?

There are people convicted of rape or assault who don't serve that much time.

Vandalism is bad, sure.

But all the vandalism in the world doesn't equal one violent assault or rape.

Well at least it's not only the US where "get tough" policies get taken to an absurd extreme

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 05:09 PM
link   
off topic, but I love that "You are beautiful" campaign!

On Topic, I think it's wrong that corporations can advertise pretty much everywhere, but graffiti is a felony (atleast in Denver,Co)

I've never met anyone who has ever been arrested for putting up flyers about "Yard Sale this way" or "Lost Puppy" but if you think aboutr it, they're essentially doing the same thing as a graffiti artist.

I also think it's ironic when I see government signs posted up that say something to the effect of "No Signs here!!!"

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 05:20 PM
link   
AWWWWWW. Poor Emma.

Two years is way extreme. If anything, they should have sentened him to cleaning up his own work. Wouldnt that be punishment enough?! Now they have to use money to keep him in jail AND use money to hire people to clean it all up.

Sometimes grafiti is REALLY annoying and ugly. Sometimes it is super creative. And sometimes not. I once had to look at some grafiti every day going into work on an overpass....they never removed it. All it simply said was "dirty word"
I dont know. Struck me funny everytime I saw it.

And boys...........im sure I can find a picture of Emma for you

[edit on 5-3-2008 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 06:48 PM
link   
I like gaffiti personally and as long as someone doesnt draw obscene stuff there should actually be places where free art is allowed and encouraged. 2 years in jail is totaly stupid and its no suprising at all as I dont think governments like anything that has to do with people being free.

join