It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fascist America - CA Judges Orders NO Homeschooling!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 03:49 PM
link   
www.rense.com...

In a case that's almost guaranteed to have repercussions throughout the country, California appellate judges ruled that one family's children could not be homeschooled and must attend a government school or accredited private school. One step closer to Nazi Germany is here ! With our Oligarchy system judges tell us how our children will be raised and educated, as judges are just an extended arm of the Federal Government. All are so corrupted now there is no hope of ever seeing any real justice or moral rulings.

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Here is another area where the government is now telling you what to do regarding your children. You can add this to the vaccination pressure that the government is putting on families, and to make matters worse, look at this:

www.worldnetdaily.com...

Teaching communism
Family advocate: 'Just when we thought
indoctrination couldn't get any worse'

A new plan by a California lawmaker would allow schools to be used to promote the overthrow of the U.S. government, and let teachers in public district classrooms "inculcate in the mind of any pupil a preference for communism," according to a traditional values advocacy organization.

Do you think that Big Brother is getting closer, or it is ALREADY here?

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by ProfEmeritus

Well, I'm afraid I cannot get Rense to load so for now I can only really comment on the second article.

To me, this illustrates another point that people cannot let education systems build foundations of personal beliefs and ideologies. It's a pity that many children/young adults do not encounter the basics of critical thinking and logic. That way, when certain subjects were brought up, they could think for themselves and do their own research on such matters.

My father told me many times throughout my life was that you had to teach yourself, I could not depend on the educational system to give me the education I needed.

In general though, the articles mentioned in this thread illustrate a view that the government knows best. Quite frankly, I do not agree with this attitude of the government's. Though I wasn't able to view that article about homeschooling, such a ruling does concern me. As long as children are getting a proper education, I see no problem with homeschooling.

Excessive Quoting – Please Review This Link

[edit on 5-3-2008 by Jbird]

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Is this just for the one family, or does it apply to all in CA? Need details!

If this happens country-wide, I'm outta here.

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 08:52 PM
link   
You (and your father) are absolutely correct. I taught in the School of Business for the better part of a decade at a college in the US, and went out of my way not to try to force my opinions on students. What I did try to do, was to get them to think on their own, and develop their own opinions, based upon facts and observation.
Professors and teachers that try to force their views on students are hurting students in two ways:
1.) The students may not have been exposed to both sides of the issue, and thus may draw incorrect conclusions.
2.)With this approach, the student never learns to think on their own.

In both cases, the student is then not prepared for the work-world and the real adult life world.

When my wife and I saw this happening in the high school that one of our children attended, we pulled our child out, and home schooled our child. I believe that our child ended up getting a more balanced education, than the high school would have provided, and we knew what values our child was receiving. It was quite a bit of work, but my wife and I feel that it was well worth it.

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Here is a statement from the Home School Legal Defense Association:

HSLDA

Also on their site you can see, state by state, the current legal battles homeschoolers are in. It's getting a bit scary for home educators (and the general population, by extension, in my opinion).

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Otherhalf provided a link with more details. If you go to that link, you'll see that it will probably apply to the entire state of California, eventually. This is a travesty.

[edit on 5-3-2008 by ProfEmeritus]

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by otherhalf

Thanks very much for the link. It certainly doesn't look good, since it was an Appellate District Court that made the ruling. This case needs to go to the Supreme Court. The ruling is an outrage.
If anyone had any doubts that this country is headed towards complete Fascism, this ruling should end those doubts. Combine this with rulings such as the Supreme Court decision that allows local governments to force property owners to sell out and make way for private economic development when officials decide it would benefit the public, even if the property is not blighted and the new project's success is not guaranteed, and it's a recipe for Fascism.

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 11:42 PM
link   

The words echo the ideas of officials from Germany, where homeschooling has been outlawed since 1938 under a law adopted when Adolf Hitler decided he wanted the state, and no one else, to control the minds of the nation's youth.

VERY interesting quote from this article:

WorldNetDaily

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 11:47 PM
link   
If it's not reversed.....

Parents of 166,000 students could face criminal charges

But in this case, the court said went much further, essentially concluding that the state provided no circumstance that allowed parents to school their own children at home.

For homeschoolers in California, Hanson said, "there may be everywhere from concern to panic, just based on not knowing what the [ultimate] results will be."

The Home School Legal Defense Association, the world's premiere international advocacy organization for homeschoolers, emphasized that the ruling made no changes in California law regarding homeschooling at this time.

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Yes, that's one of the reasons I firmly believe Fascism is on our doorsteps.
Here is the latest -the decision IS going to the California Supreme Court:

www.worldnetdaily.com...

Let's keep our fingers crossed.

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Great minds think alike. You and I posted the same link at exactly the same time. That's the first time that's happened to me.

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by ProfEmeritus

We posted that link at exactly the same time.

My post above was from that article.

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 11:51 PM
link   
This is WEIRD. We just did it again. I'm busting my gut laughing about it.

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 11:52 PM
link   

And again!

Never happened to me, either.

I will be watching this closely. While I'm not in California, I still have several years of homeschooling ahead of me, and I'd hate for my state to follow suit.

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 11:55 PM
link   

I'll stop if you'll stop. LOL!
Anyway, I'll keep this on my radar.
Nice talking to you. I'm in the East Coast, and it's 1:00AM, and my wife wants to know when I'm coming to bed....better go.

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Have a good night! And let me know if you hear anymore. I'll keep looking, too.

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 07:01 AM
link   
Ummm here's a wild thought, but I always felt the kids who were home schooled were disconnected and lacked social skills, nevermind that they lacked many credentials to get into any of the top schools in the country. The whole reason they're throwing out home schooled is because the majority of the people that do this in the first place are usually radically religious. I don't even know how you could be home schooled, I was never offered any option; and like I said the kids I meet who were seem odd. Well whatever no facts but my 2 cents, don't think this is a fascist movement as much as it is a intelligent move.

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 07:13 AM
link   

. The whole reason they're throwing out home schooled is because the majority f the people that do this ion the first place are usually radically religious

Wow you had better rethink that statement because it is completely ignorant of the fact why many homeschool parents choose the option to homeschool.
I will not go into my own personal reasons for homeschooling but personally I can tell you that you are 'way' off base.

[edit on 6-3-2008 by antar]

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProfEmeritus

Thanks very much for the link. It certainly doesn't look good, since it was an Appellate District Court that made the ruling. This case needs to go to the Supreme Court. The ruling is an outrage.
If anyone had any doubts that this country is headed towards complete Fascism, this ruling should end those doubts. Combine this with rulings such as the Supreme Court decision that allows local governments to force property owners to sell out and make way for private economic development when officials decide it would benefit the public, even if the property is not blighted and the new project's success is not guaranteed, and it's a recipe for Fascism.

Be careful what you ask for. It may not be a good for this to reach the Supreme Court. They could give a decision which could have a domino effect on the rest of the nation. Albeit a large portion of home schooled children come from conservative parents, I can still see this getting pushed down everyone's throat. Maybe, just maybe this might be the type of thing to wake up the sleep walkers of America. JMO

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join