It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Holy crap! McCain's lobbyist works for the folks trying to buy the company that counts our votes!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 03:16 PM
link   
United Technologies is trying to buy Diebold in a hostile takeover.

www.nytimes.com...

The United Technologies Corporation made public on Sunday an unsolicited $3 billion bid for Diebold, one of the largest makers of automated teller machines and voting machines.

United Technologies, which first approached Diebold two years ago, initially made the offer in private on Friday. The bid amounts to $40 a share in cash, or a 66 percent premium over Diebold’s closing price on Friday of $24.12, United Technologies said.

Several unsolicited or hostile offers have been made this year despite an overall slowdown in deal-making activity. Among companies making unfriendly advances are Microsoft, which is pursuing the wounded Internet giant Yahoo, and Electronic Arts, which made a bid for Take-Two Interactive, the maker of the Grand Theft Auto video games.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

But McCain's top political advisor is working for the folks who are trying to buy the company that counts our votes.

www.washingtonpost.com...

For years, Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.) has railed against lobbyists and the influence of "special interests" in Washington, touting on his campaign Web site his fight against "the 'revolving door' by which lawmakers and other influential officials leave their posts and become lobbyists for the special interests they have aided."

But when McCain huddled with his closest advisers at his rustic Arizona cabin last weekend to map out his presidential campaign, virtually every one was part of the Washington lobbying culture he has long decried. His campaign manager, Rick Davis, co-founded a lobbying firm whose clients have included Verizon and SBC Telecommunications. His chief political adviser, Charles R. Black Jr., is chairman of one of Washington's lobbying powerhouses, BKSH and Associates, which has represented AT&T, Alcoa, JPMorgan and U.S. Airways.

-SNIP-

Even before McCain finished his news conference, uber-lobbyist Black made the rounds of television networks to defend McCain against charges that he has been tainted by his relationship with a lobbyist. Black's current clients include General Motors, United Technologies, JPMorgan and AT&T.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

This stinks of a plot to me. Things are just a little too cozy in that scenario, and our votes a little too insecure.

Is McCain making his move to take control?

[edit on 5-3-2008 by AWingAndASigh]

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 04:04 PM
link   
To me, the whole idea of a corporation counting our votes stinks to high heaven. The corporations have their own interests, such as money and power, and time and time again, we see corporations doing very bad things in the name of profit. Why are we trusting the future of the country to corporate America?

Shouldn't this be the people's job? I mean... I know it's rather boring counting millions of votes, but shouldn't this be a very important matter of which should be overseen by somebody other than a multi-billion dollar corporation, who's voting machines have shown signs of tampering and miscounting of votes?

I'm surprised they didn't deny Diebold vote counting business after that "mess up,", if indeed that's all it was. It seems as though our vote is the only way we can participate in government anymore. That sould be a very serious thing. Oh well. We welcome the NWO with open arms. Give them big hugs and thank them for teaching you how to live within their glorious system. # YES!!!!! Give me that sweet son of a bitch CHIP!!!!

See, they can read my mind, those clever NWOs. I want my mind to be imprisoned in a holographic world of consumer bliss that covers up the harsh reality of being just another animal in a cruel and unforgiving universe, and THEY make it possible WITHOUT me even having to ask! THANK YOU, JESUS!!!!!

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Republicans rule your voting machines you can find many articles explaining the corruption on google.

new topics

join