It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Martial law preparations in Oregon?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 01:46 PM
link   
I picked this up this morning on SiteSpaces so keep that in mind. If anyone in Oregon can vet this out that would be great. It is word of mouth right now. It's probably nothing but I would rather check it out to be sure, rather then let something happen which could have been averted.

Date: Mar 4, 2008 1:43 AM

If you have friends in Oregon, pass this on to them.
However if the banks in Oregon have trouble, it could be
nationwide. Let your inner consciousness or intuition be
your guide. The vanishing vehicles in the NG armorys may
be being spread around throughout that part of the state.
Here is an email I received this afternoon that seems to
suggest that "something" big is about to happen in Oregon,
most likely Portland. Please advise if you know anybody
connected with the Oregon National Guard who suddenly
has been mobilized or engaged in unusual training or
preparations. I'd like to get to the bottom of this immediately
and put out the warning if anybody can corroborate any of this.

Hi Mr. Steele,

I have some news about something possibly getting ready to
happen in Oregon. A few days ago I saw a email on Ghost
Troops where somebody claimed they had very very reliable
information that the Oregon guard was being mobilized
on 48 hours notice and that the mission was domestic and
something possibly to do with a banking crisis. They claimed
that not a rubber tired vehicle was left in any of the armorys
in the state.

My next door neighbor xxxx is in the guard and I have been
waiting for a chance to talk to him for a couple of days now.

I just spotted my neighbor xxxx in his fatigues and just getting
back home from drill in Salem. I ran over to ask him a few
questions and he seemed surprised that I might know something
is up. He said there was a lot of unusual things at drill this
weekend.

Firstly I asked if he knew anything about the guard being
mobilized on 48 hours notice with a domestic deployment. He
said "no", but there was something getting ready to happen he
thinks. I told him I had heard that there was not a rubber tired
vehicle left in any of the armorys in the state of Oregon. He
was kind of startled a little, that I might know that, and he said
that it is really strange that there are a lot of vehicles missing and
what's left is being made ready to use and that there were some
huge vehicles there that he had never seen before. Big vehicles
with 5 axles and huge tires and the nose was slanted up as if to
go over rough terrain. He thought it was all very odd.

Also they were given 4 shots yesterday and they wouldn't tell
them what they were for. He stated that he was up to date on
all his shots and was told he needed these also. He didn't like
that too much.

Also the company commander and a couple of high ranking
NCOs were absent from drill which was odd, as they have
always been present in the past. They also had to go through
all of their gas masks and their MOP suits and make sure
everything fit and in good working order. This one alone tells
me something!

A doctor told him that they were getting ready to do something
because of all of the readiness being made with the men and
equipment. And the feeling is just talking to xxxx that it is very
soon...he doesn't know, but he is edgy about it and seems a little
worried. And I'm worried alot!

I also got out of xxxx that he had heard something about a
banking crisis connected to the stock market and that they
were issued new carbines this weekend. Also they were
given a briefing on readiness. I asked him was the last time
he had a briefing on readiness and he said "never". He said
he couldn't tell me everything but that he had told me almost
everything he knows.

I said well you wouldn't let us die from a dirty bomb would
you if you knew something about that? He said he wouldn't
worry too much about that...and then added, Don, do you have
any idea how many terrorist training camps there are in Oregon?

I said what do you mean, Muslim terrorists? He said no... just
these American guys that hate the government and are training
to overthrow it or planning to overthrow it. I said you mean
there are a lot of those guys here?...He said you have no idea
how much of that is in Oregon.

So what do I do I think to myself...is it time to bail out of here
for a week or so?

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Interesting read. I see a lot of martial law type stuff on ATS so I tend not to believe it but if this email is real and the info in it fact, I would be getting out of Oregon ASAP.

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 02:04 PM
link   
If this is true then god help you all...

Try and find out more facts and u2u me....if push comes to shove ill pay for a flight for you to escape to the UK... i have enough room!

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 03:04 PM
link   
The guard is not being use the way you think they are being use. The main job they will be doing is to protect business from looters. Distribute food, water, clothing and other basic everday items to the population.Plus help put down riots. And yes go after terrorist and rebels. Also from enemy invading military force.

[edit on 5-3-2008 by kennethmd]

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 03:13 PM
link   
I don't think anyone is asserting that the NG is being misused. What is in question here is something going on in Oregon, and is the NG being mobilized in preparation? It is assumed that the NG is on the up and up. We are just trying to vet out if in fact something is under way.

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Interesting thread. I'm in B.C. Canada, only a few hundred miles away so even though it has to do with the U.S. this still concerns me...especially if there may be some kind of biological or chemical fears from the NG (gas masks, MOP suits and new shots). All it takes is a good strong wind to the north so affect Washington state and B.C.

I hope this is not true but if it is, maybe the OP should think about taking his family and going on an extended vacation across the border into Canada......its not that cold anymore at least here on the west coast.

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Sounds like someone is trying to spread disinformation or a hoax, imo.

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 03:36 PM
link   
In America - when things work like they are supposed to - a person is presumed innocent until proven guilty. Lets just put that kind of thought process in play here and instead of discarding this story as a hoax why don't we prove it first. It has been requested that anyone in the Oregon area with any pertinent information please speak up. If nothing appears to be going on then please share that. If we assume that everything we cannot prove immediately is a hoax then we are going to miss the big event when it comes. I personally cannot prove the existence of alien life and as such I continue to search for proof. I am inclined to disbelieve, but until I can disprove it I will continue to be open minded. Keep in mind if something like this does go down in Oregon you wont be hearing about it on mainstream media - that is until it is too late.

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 03:46 PM
link   
As someone who lives in Portland, I sincerely hope(and doubt)that there is any truth to this at all. We are one of three cities still having a housing boom. The city skyline is changing fast due to high rises being built and I can't imagine there being any sort of banking problem with the city still on the upswing. There hasn't been any sign of soldiers or any sort of vehicle that looks like a natl guard vehicle and as someone who works in a federal building, working for...get ready..the govt, I have no doubt that we would be notified if something was happening. I am also a block away from the state of oregon building and if anything was happening, I have NO DOUBT that our homeland security and Federal Protective service guys would have word and wed not be working and the buildings would be closed.

This sounds like a hoax. If there's any way for me to prove it. Ill try my best..just hit me up with things I can do to check it out and Ill do it.

Tela

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Dude, I am in Oregon too and this is just plain scary! I looked at the Oregon National guard website and (related or not) they did say that they responded to a possible anthrax threat at Linn County Courthouse in Albany on Monday, the 3rd. The suspect powder was shipped to Portland for analysis according to the news brief. I drive by a NG Armory here in Medford on my way home from work, so I will take a closer look for an empty parking lot. (normally filled with plenty of humvees and other vehicles) Damn, my parents are headed to Portland on Thursday too......

[edit on 5-3-2008 by percievedreality]

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 03:47 PM
link   
KMFNWO: Call it a gut feeling on my part. Sorry, but this is the internet, where "innocent until proven guilty" does not apply with as much hoaxing and spoofing going on. Just looking around ATS over the years, the big event has come and gone many times, without so much as a trace. Just my opinion, if others want to give it credence, then by all means, it's a free country/internet.

[edit on 5-3-2008 by crudos]

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by percievedreality
Dude, I am in Oregon too and this is just plain scary! I looked at the Oregon National guard website and (related or not) they did say that they responded to a possible anthrax threat at Linn County Courthouse in Albany on Monday, the 3rd. The suspect powder was shipped to Portland for analysis according to the news brief. I drive by a NG Armory here in Medford on my way home from work, so I will take a closer look for an empty parking lot. (normally filled with plenty of humvees and other vehicles) Damn, my parents are headed to Portland on Thursday to......

Can you provide the link on the Anthrax threat?

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by crudos
KMFNWO: Call it a gut feeling on my part. Sorry, but this is the internet, where "innocent until proven guilty" does not apply with as much hoaxing and spoofing going on. Just looking around ATS over the years, the big event has come and gone many times, without so much as a trace. Just my opinion, if others want to give it credence, then by all means, it's a free country/internet.

[edit on 5-3-2008 by crudos]

I appreciate your view and I too have wasted much time chasing phantoms, but sooner or later its gonna happen so I always do my due diligence. I have been told that a nuclear device attack on Houston was averted due to our efforts. I will never be able to prove that. All I know is that everyday that goes by and nothing happens is another good day and if our efforts here and other places assure this then I will keep on doing my part.

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 04:02 PM
link   
I found it! interesting

www.salem-news.com...

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by KMFNWO

Sure, here it is.

www.oregon.gov...

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 04:12 PM
link   
didn't mean to hijack the thread but it appears this has come up recently. Maybe we can consolidate our efforts here.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by KMFNWO
I have been told that a nuclear device attack on Houston was averted due to our efforts. I will never be able to prove that.

Funny you should say that. Actually, look into the wargame "Noble Resolve" that the government played in PORTLAND, Phoenix, and Puerto Rico last November (2007) It involved a "mock" exercise of in a "dirty-bomb" explosion, with Portland as ground zero. What freaks me out though, on the last day of the exercise, Iranian president, Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, flew to Moscow and had an urgent meeting with Putin. It is speculated that he told Putin of the US (Bush's) plans to initiate the next 9/11, false-flag operation, this time laying false blame to the dirty-bomb attack on Al-Quida extremists from the terrorist sponsoring country of Iran! Putin later that day, said if the US attacked Iran, for any reason, Russia would not hesitate to engage the US. Why would Putin say that without a really good reason too? Oh yeah and then a bomb-threat was called in and a large area of downtown Portland was closed off in a search effort. This could have given a window to remove the nuclear device (now that their plan had been foiled) and save it for another day. Bush is definetly out to get Portland, IMO....he hates the large majority of liberal beliefs shared by many of us Oregonians.

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 04:28 PM
link   
I don't believe Portland is a target for anything. We are way too small of a city and don't have enough people imho. What about seattle and san fran? Those seem more like targets then Portland does. Sheit, we don't even have a million people within the city limits (at last census count).

Don't get me wrong though, I'm not saying you are wrong, just sharing an opinion and my .02

Tela

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Telafree

I would tend to agree with you....there are better targets with much larger populations, but the evidence I listed above kind of makes you wonder?? On a side note: I am curious as to if Bank Of Americas' headquarters is still in Portland? I know it was when I lived there about 9-10 years ago.

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 04:34 PM
link   
For your consideration.

www.blogfororegon.com...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join