It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UN report blames celebrity cocaine use for Britain's spiralling youth drug culture...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 12:44 PM
link   

UN report blames celebrity coc aine use for Britain's spiralling youth drug culture...

network.nationalpost.com

Hasn't Britain's Amy Winehouse been through rehab? And what about Kate Moss? She's ditched her addictions a few times.

A UN report has condemned British celebrity coc aine use, claiming it has glamourized drugs and encouraged more young people to take them. While it doesn't name names, per se, you can bet singers like Winehouse and Pete Doherty, and supermodel Moss, factored into the discussion.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Totally agree - taking drugs is seen as a recreational past time by many - they even call it recreational drugs... and we live in times where celebreties are worshipped like Gods - not surprising ppl follow in the footsteps of these celebrites... And do agree the celebrities are left the hook too easily....

Also we can't blame celebreties alone - but the whole social culture of britain today and govt. policies dealing and tackling the drug culture...

network.nationalpost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 12:49 PM
link   
I'm sorry. But when hasn't coke been made to look glamorous? Look at Angland and America in the 20's. Presidents were doing it. Ya know!?

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Sshh! I'll have to be quiet as I don't want to breach the T&C, but is a little common sense seeping through?

www.timesonline.co.uk...

Not so long ago one of the UK's top ranking Police Officers voiced very similair opinions.

Prohibition doesn't work.
It has been proved time and time again.
We need a new approach.

Maybe the reason noone wants to discuss ths is because too many influential people are involved and are making a lot of money out of it?

new topics

top topics

join