It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Moon's no-spin orbit is PROOF of an artificial force.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Our moon is the only moon in the solar system that has a stationary orbit.

youtube.com...

This is my Avatar:
antwrp.gsfc.nasa.gov...
It is also the view from Earth of the Moon as it rotates around the Earth but REFUSES to spin and show it's secret "dark side".
NASA is controlled and monitored by are corrupt underground government so it is ordered to blur out important area on its "dark side".

How long will we the people stand for this outrage of our own government being controlled by unknown forces through the realm of secrecy?

[edit on 5-3-2008 by realanswers]

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Wow, I completely misunderstood your thread. (Which is why I've edited this reply.)

Interesting stuff on the video, though there were so many typos in the words it's hard to take the person who made it completely serious. Good theories, and I'm going to look into some more. Thanks for the link!

[edit on 5/3/08 by an3rkist]

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Actually it DOES spin. Here's a link that will tell you all about it. Sorry, nothing dark side or top secret about it.

spinning moon

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Hey, thanks. I haven't been that motion-sick since "Blair Witch" came out.

Could you slow down the avatar? It's actually pretty neat. I'd like to really look at it.

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Hehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Wow we wen't a little far'fetched here.

I'm sure there is a billion scientifical explanations for this.

There could be some kind of space force pushing against it in some motion.

We never know.

=)

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Well, the planet Venus does not spin, too.....

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 01:16 PM
link   
The moon DOES rotate. Easy experiment....

1. Make a fist (this will be the Earth)
2. Have something "orbit" your fist, do not rotate the something.

If you notice, the "dark side" of the something would be seen at one point in its orbit. But since we have not seen the dark side of the moon, then it is safe to say it does rotate.

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 01:46 PM
link   
The moon doesn't spin? Seriously? The "dark" side of the moon? Really? Is this where your science knowledge ends?

The moon spins in exact lockstep with the Earth, a remnant of the days when the moon was a cooling blob of molten rock, so even though it spins, it always spins at the same rate as the earth, thereby always showing the same side to us. And there is no "dark" side of the moon. The far side of the moon gets just as much sunlight as the rest of it.

Get a kickball and a golf ball and do your own little model in your kitchen before you go posting ridiculous stuff like this.

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 01:57 PM
link   
A friend once told me "We have spaceships on the dark side of the moon!". He also told me that we have been there and done that when it comes to space travel. Look back to the late 80's at NASA video and you will see an ice formation coming off of our ship and a laser beam shooting at it. I don't know where the video is but I have seen it.

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 02:14 PM
link   
The same gravitational force that the moon exerts on the oceans to create the tides, keeps the moons rotation so that we never see the dark. The earth acts on the moon.

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Bases on the moon?

Who would believe such a thing!!!!

NASA video footage of moon bases doesn't proove anything!!!!

NASA video footage of shooting at UFOs doesn't proove anything!!!!

We're all alone people!!!!!

We are the only ones that live in the universe!!!!!!!

(end of stereotypical hipocritical articulation of grammar usage)

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by QBSneak000
Actually it DOES spin. Here's a link that will tell you all about it. Sorry, nothing dark side or top secret about it.

spinning moon

I didn't say it doesn't "rotate" IN RELATION TO THE EARTH. I said it doesn't spin IN RELATION TO THE EARTH. If you REALLY NEED to get TECHNICAL about the word SPIN, then you can say that every damn thing in the universe SPINS because galaxies SPIN.

Damn, just trying to bring up another very thought provoking and controversial topic as I usually do, but instead of getting good ideas, I get a damn human dictionary of posts trying to explain the word SPIN. I thought at least most of us were mature adults here at ATS with a shread of common sense and can get past a simple difference of descriptions of words between SPIN and ROTATE in relation to the EARTH, but I guess I was wrong.

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 12:29 PM
link   
I laughed at the "our moon is like any other in the entire Universe"!!

HAHAHAH!!! What a completely ridiculous statement

Good video though, even thought he first statement doesn't start it off well.

[edit on 6-3-2008 by dodgygeeza]

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by realanswers

Originally posted by QBSneak000

spinning moon

I didn't say it doesn't "rotate" IN RELATION TO THE EARTH. I said it doesn't spin IN RELATION TO THE EARTH. If you REALLY NEED to get TECHNICAL about the word SPIN, then you can say that every damn thing in the universe SPINS because galaxies SPIN.

Damn, just trying to bring up another very thought provoking and controversial topic as I usually do, but instead of getting good ideas, I get a damn human dictionary of posts trying to explain the word SPIN. I thought at least most of us were mature adults here at ATS with a shread of common sense and can get past a simple difference of descriptions of words between SPIN and ROTATE in relation to the EARTH, but I guess I was wrong.

Maybe you should grow up, its not like that was a rude post towards you and you let loose on him

The way you wrote your thread was a bit hard to understand. It sounds like you were saying the moon isn't rotating, but due to the above response, I have no idea what the hell you are talking about

Explain maybe?

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by realanswers

you are wrong - the terran moon is tidaly locked - as are several of the jovian moons

please google " tidal lock " YOU WILL LEARN SOMETHING

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by SomeGuy34

I'm sure there is a billion scientifical explanations for this.

Actually, there's just one. The correct one.

See the post immediately above mine.

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Terrapop

It does spin, but it's the only planet in our solar system that spins in the opposite direction.

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Terrapop

Thats hilarious.....if it doesnt spin, why is it orbiting the sun

It spins in the opposite direction to the other planet....ie the sun sets in the east and rises in the west

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Alright, are we talking orbits or rotations? I am starting to get confused (which isn't hard at times)

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 03:13 PM
link   
The moon is tidally locked due to it's large size in relation to the Earth compared to most of the moons in the solar system. It isn't "unique in the universe" as the video suggests. Pluto/Charon has the same tidal locking effect as well as a bunch of extrasolar planets.

It's like those bopping clown kids toys. Gravity keeps the heavier side of the toy closest to the surface of the Earth, keeping the toy upright. With the moon, gravity keeps the heavier side of the moon closest to the Earth. Because of this the "light" side of the moon is always facing towards us.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join