It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Revisiting Ghost/Delusion

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Ok i know alot of people on ATS could help me out here, well to begin with i took a picture when i was alone and to my surprise there was a girl peering over my shoulders, that spooked me out-the picture is on my old phone il tried to find it for you.

The next time i saw her was in my sleep, i was dreaming and i was in my house, i look up to my stairs and saw a shadow of a woman i walked up and i saw her again, she was levitating and she screamed at me to go away, i tried to grab a hold of her to find out what was wrong and she started choking me...thats when the dream had ended.- i think its related-

The next time i was walking with my friend at around 6-7 pm and it was winter so it got dark at around 4-5pm we were walking to his house and we decided we'd walk through the graveyard, then he started freaking out, saying that there was a girl following us, moving from gravestone to gravestone, i didnt notice her til he told me, he started panicking badly, he can see ghosts and he lives in a supposed haunted house, so this started worrying me because then i caught a glimpse of a figure dodging from a gravestone, i imedietly got myself and him out of the graveyard. - related -

When we got to his house we sat down on his couch, i got a really bad headache as if my mind was being penetrated, i heard these words, its about to start, by this time i was really creaped out, so i told him to turn the tv on and check if anything unusual was on, and there it was a show about a woman who was raped and murder by a man. - related -

i think that this girl is A) trying to creap me out B) a figment of my imaginatiom Or C) wants my help.

Could you please help me figure out what and why this is happening, ive seen ghosts before but never to this degree.

thanks and please help me

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 11:52 AM
link   
I'd like to see the photo

As for your dream, it's most likely your imagination extrapolating the "ghost girl" experience into something more realistic, just as if you watch a horror film, you might dream about something like you saw happening to you.

Now as for the graveyard, lots of people are spooked out by the idea of ghost children, so it's a common thing for people to imagine they saw. I'm not calling anyone a liar here, I'm merely saying that the human mind has a fantastic ability to make something out of nothing - just how we can see a moving shadow caused by a tree branch in the wind and can think, maybe for a moment, maybe longer, that the shadow was something moving.

Coincidences can creep us out, as we tend to notice when they make sense, and ignore when they don't.

For now, my money's on B.

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Thanks i'd rather it be B than any of the others.
Thank you for helping me

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Richard.M.J.Palmer

It's my pleasure. I know how disturbing something like this can be, and I find great reassurance in the fact that the scariest things in the world are usually conjured up by our very own brains. Usually because of vestigial fight-or-flight mechanisms that can misinterpret the most mundane of events as life-threatening, and then fill us so full of adrenaline that all we're good for is running away or freaking out. Sometimes both

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by dave420

there was another incident when i was walking home with my friend, there was a woman stand at the bus stop and then she just vanished, i proabably just blinked and a bus came or something but my imagination seems to get the better of me alot.

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 12:16 PM
link   

I get that a lot, too
What that one could have been was you subconsciously saw a shape at the bus stop, which from your position looked enough like a woman (loose, flowing clothing) for your brain to make that connection. As you got closer, you look away (even for a brief moment), and when you look back, the illusion is broken, and your brain observes the scene in more accuracy, revealing no woman.

I was at a club once, and some guy was walking towards me on a bench on a raised area. I had this feeling of dread, as for a moment I thought he was over 10 feet tall, then I looked again and saw what was really going on, then I calmed down.

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by dave420

My friend saw her to so it might've just been a coincidence

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 12:25 PM
link   
You can go with option B as stated above but......

I do believe in spirits as I have seen and experienced too may things to say it was my imagination or coincidences. Perhaps this girl you have seen IS looking for your help.....it wouldn't be the first time something like this has happened to someone. The trick is don't be scared because really there is nothing to be scared of except fear itself. If it was an evil spirit/demon the worst thing you can do is show fear....thats what it feeds off of.

If you do have another experience like this try talking to her asking her what she wants and how you can help her for a start. But do this first

Ghosts 101

this is a good site to get you started. As listed in the site it suggests an opening and closing prayer just to be safe and if you want to be left alone command the spirit in the name of Jesus to leave you alone and to never return.(If you are religious)

Opening Prayer:

Saint Michael the Archangel, Defend us in battle
Be our protection against the wickedness and snares of the Devil
May God rebuke him, we humbly pray
And do thou, O Prince of the heavenly host,
By the power of God, thrust into hell Satan and all evil spirits
Who wander through the world for the ruin of souls.
Amen

Closing prayer:

"In the name of Jesus Christ, I command all human spirits to be bound to
the confines of the cemetery. I command all inhuman spirits to go where Jesus Christ tells you to go, for it is He who commands you." Amen

Hope this helps.

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 12:34 PM
link   
That's a very dangerous peice of advice, well i should tell you that i have experiance with ghosts and most arent that bad but i only posted this one because my friend also saw her and that worried me.

im not affraid of her the simple fact is, why would she need my help?

im a teenager who attends school and is on a short leesh with his parents for reasons best kept to myself.

and then i want to know why i am the one who is chosen to help them, can they not find some-one older and wiser?

i wouldnt mind you answering me these questions because personally i dont think the ghost itself is that wise if its asking me...

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Well in that case the next time you experience anything like this, recite the prayer I posted and command it to leave you alone the the name of Jesus....that should work. If not talk to your local priest and get his advice.

As for why would the ghost be asking for a young persons help? maybe (if good) they relate to you on some level. (if bad) perhaps it wants to corrupt you somehow. You mention that your parents keep you on a short leash for certain reasons.......maybe its attracted to that as well (feels you would be easier to corrupt)

there are many other web sites that may help you as well. feel free to u2u me if you need more help.

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 06:43 AM
link   
There's nothing at all wrong with good honest prayer and many, many people turn to it and rely on it. Your choice.

The events you describe are fascinating and deserve analysis. The danger is that on a board like this the only analysis you can get will be superficial at best. Already you mention a reason why you are "kept on a short leash", but that it is best kept to yourself. However, the reason for one might easily be the cause and purpose of the other.

Short leashes are, after all, largely physical. A man in prison for seventy years has experiences that are as unique to him and as valid to us as a man who has travelled the world.

So, this girl has contacted you. She may or may not be a victim, depending on whether you believe coincidences have significance or not. Let's assume she isn't the coincidental victim from the TV for a minute: what could she possibly want with you?

Difficult to answer without knowing:

1: How old you are
2: How old you think she is
3: Circumstances of previous sightings
4: Your emotional response to this and previous sightings AT THE TIME and with complete candour.
5: The role your friend plays in your life and their prior experiences
6: Circumstances surrounding you now that seem of improtance or concern

... and others even more personal and probing.

The photo would also need to be verified as untreated and unblemished. That you first noticed the girl in the photo you took would suggest tricks of light and perception that might more easily have been explained at the time.

If all evidence proved her to exist, and not as a figment of your imagination, but as a substancial/trans-substancial being, then she seems to be observing you and is taking her time over making a decision of some sort. It may not be you that she wants, but possibly someone she can reach through you. She might also never return. She may have found out what she needed to know or moved on to the person she was looking for. Just as a medium uses a spirit guide to contact those who have passed on, people from the other side of the veil need sympathetic people on this side to make contact with their loved ones. You may have already acted in that capacity and, if she doesn't return - or even if she does - I think, and this is only my opinion based very superficially on a very general overview of your experiences described here, she will be grateful to you for eternity for your help.

If she had evil or negative intent, I personally feel she would have shown it by now.

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by QBSneak000

I hate to be the one to break it to you, but just because you've had lots of experiences like that doesn't mean to say it's what you think it is. The same reasons can still explain what you've experienced, without having to resort to blaming ghosts.

There are no documented cases of ghosts asking for help. None with any conclusive evidence, that is. Going one step further and saying this gentleman's experience is a ghost looking for help is a bit on the unhelpful side, as you don't know for sure what you're saying is accurate (as there's no strong evidence of ghosts yet, let alone contact, let alone asking for favours).

I'm not trying to rain on your parade, I'm just pointing out that we really should be as rational as possible here.

And Richard.M.J.Palmer - your friend might also have succumbed to the visual stimulus that looked like a woman to your average human brain in that position. I find the science behind human perception just as interesting as the subject of spooks

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by QBSneak000
perhaps it wants to corrupt you somehow.

I hadn't read this earlier, not until I saw dave420's response to it and wondered what he was driving at, and by golly, this is a scary one.

First, to Richard.M.J.Palmer, there is NO EVIDENCE OF THE DEAD TRYING TO CORRUPT THE LIVING. The only reports of the dead contacting the living that have any hint of likelihood about them, it has been to pass on messages of goodwill (deceased parents to their children, mostly) or warning (particularly in time of war between combatant colleagues).

Death is a transition. Beyond it is a whole new awareness. Mistakes on earth can affect the equilibrium of the Beyond and that is all that these messages are meant to protect. Any responsible spiritualist will confirm this. Any reading you choose to do on authenticated sources will bear this out.

What was once hastily and carelessly diagnosed as demonic possession is recognised today as illness in its various forms which, had the medical and psychiatric professions been up to speed in past centuries, are and always have been completely and entirely treatable through mundane means.

As I said in my previous post, I would never dissuade anyone from prayer or belief in their God(s), the power of a pure-held faith is remarkable in itself, but I become extremely worried when antiquated misinterpretations are invoked to prove the existence of mythical demons, and I grow even more distressed when these demons are imbued with powers beyond the scope of common sense and used to frighten people who are already in a very sensitive place, right now - and I don't only mean the OP, but anyone who might happen on this thread who is going through something they can't control.

I apologise to QBSneak000 if I'm coming over a bit harsh, and I sincerely respect your right to your beliefs, but the OP could probably do without somebody saying a bad spirit might be after him. There are no precedents for this assertion, no evidence for it in this (or any other similar) case and no sign that the OP would share your beliefs, anyway, which is apparently not only Christian, but Christian from the Roman Catholic tradition.

So, in summary: It ain't an evil spirit. It's an apparition, either from your unconscious mind or from a dimensional neighbourhood. Either way, it can't harm you, and in the latter case it doesn't even want to harm you. In both cases, there might be a message. Since the figure appeared in your dreams, I tend to think your unconscious mind it trying to give you a countdown of some sort. It'll be down to your conscious mind how, when and if you respond to it.

Incidentally, the first biblical references to demons occur in the New Testament and they didn't start writing that until around 300 AD, around the start of the Christianisation of Rome.

[edit on 7/3/08 by hidatsa]

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Hey Rich, interesting testimony. Regarding someone's advice above about praying to God and having a personal relationship with Jesus, you can ensure your protection.

Regarding the entity. If it is interacting with you, then perhaps it does need help? Kindly pray aloud with the spirit to God, that He guide the spirit to its rightful place. It sounds lost and confused. If you were lost and confused, wouldn't you want someone to help you?

If it is replaying a message without awareness of you in particular, maybe you're meant to hear the message and learn about it as best as you can. That information may come in handy later on in life.

Lastly, many of us tend to focus on ghosts because they're weird, paranormal or even considered "cool". Be careful in pursuing ghosts more than helping other people and treating people like mere ghosts.

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by hidatsa

1: How old are you - 16
2: How old you think she is - around my age maybe 15-17
3: Circumstances of previous sightings - dont understand ^_^
4: Your emotional response to this and previous sightings AT THE TIME and with complete candour. - i usually breakdown when something so fascinating happens
5: The role your friend plays in your life and their prior experiences - well he saw the ghost so hes a witness and he is apparently an indigo child
6: Circumstances surrounding you now that seem of improtance or - im a tarrot card reader, but thats about the only thing

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by saint4God

Thank you i'll try that out if i see her again.

peace out

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Hi, First of all there is a difference between ghosts, spirits, demons, polterguists, etc... I'm no expert on this subject, but my understanding is that ghosts are just an emotional echo left behind after death. They can't hurt you, and don't really know you're there. So it would make since to me that you are dealing with something other then a ghost.

My daughter was plegued with recurring dreams of a simular nature. These dreams went on for a couple of years, and began to affect her life to the degree that she couldn't sleep. The insomnia got so bad that she almost flunked out of school. We tried everything, doctors, phsyciatry, meds, etc... what finally worked was hanging a dream catcher over her bed. A friend had suggested it, I had my doubts, but amazingly she hasn't had a dream since.

I think it's important to identify what type of spirit this woman is, then you can research how to get rid of it. In most communities there are paranormal societies that should be able to help you. I would suggest contacting one of these and asking for help. I do know this from my own experiences. Left alone they don't go away, it only gets worse.

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by enchantress62

you may be right, i dont get alot of visits as bad as this so i now know how some people may feel i wouldnt say im scared but more curious, im not to sure what to class her as, somebody suggest to me that it might be one of my guardians, ive tried calling for guardians before but i didnt receive an answer, maybe it could be my guarding because it seems as if its follow me and not haunting well i gotta go to bed now

sweet dreams everybody

posted on Mar, 8 2008 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Richard.M.J.Palmer
6: Circumstances surrounding you now that seem of improtance or - im a tarrot card reader, but thats about the only thing

Ah, some occult affiliation. I'm sure this answers a lot more than you may have initially realized.

posted on Mar, 8 2008 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by saint4God

Originally posted by Richard.M.J.Palmer

Ah, some occult affiliation. I'm sure this answers a lot more than you may have initially realized.

In all due respect Saint4God, this kind of comment is exactly why ppl in this site are always attacking you guys! This kid is young, obviously disturbed by what he is experiencing and reaching out for help. Adding guilt to his already troubled mind isn't helpful, it's hurtful.

Richard, I don't know you or what you have been doing with magic that might have brought this on, maybe nothing. PPL do get haunted and never do anything to insite such a thing, but if you are practicing magic then I hope you have researched what you're doing. In Witchcraft you are expected to study for a year and a day before practicing magic. There is a reason for that. Magic is real, it's powerful, and it's a bit like having a dangerous tool in your hands. It can make your life easier if you know how to use it, but if you don't it can be dangerous.

That said, you have done nothing wrong! But understanding what is happening is really important to dealing with it. I suggest seeking advice from experts, but if you can't for whatever reason, then at least get some books to read. And, I wouldn't invite this entity to come to you. Don't call upon it, and don't engage it when it does show up. If you do anything just watch it. If it's a spirit trying to show you something it will do so. Just watch and try to remember what it does when it comes. If it's showing you something you need to know then as soon as you understand it will go away.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join