It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

McCain Suggests He Would Not Investigate Bush Corruption

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 05:41 AM
link   

McCain Suggests He Would Not Investigate Bush Corruption

www.huffingtonpost.com

"I do not agree with your sentiment that there has been widespread corruption. I just don't accept that. And by the way my friends do you think it would be nice if the President of the United States got a little bit of credit for the fact that there has not been another attack on the United States of America since 9-11? I think he deserves some credit for that. I really do."
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 05:41 AM
link   
Wow, guess who I am not voting for. Hip hip hooray, we haven't had another attack since 9/11. How many people have died since 9/11 as a direct result of Bush's decisions? How many hundreds of billions of dollars are not accountable for? How many civil rights have been stripped away? Thank you for the ILLEGAL warrantless wiretapping... the list goes on and on.

To flat out dismiss the notion of the mere possibility of corruption in this administration is an eye opener to say the least.

This election is going to be worse than the last one. Choosing between McCain or Clinton.... what kind of a choice is that?

www.huffingtonpost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

CX

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 06:03 AM
link   
I guess we should thank Bush for the fact that there has'nt been an attack in the since 9/11.

Since it was his organisation that did the last one, i'd like to thank him for not carrying out another one recently!

I'm not holding my breath though.

Cx.

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 06:44 AM
link   
It's a circular argument don't you think, if you claim responsibility for preventing something you also have to admit responsibility for allowing it. 911 happened on Bush's watch and NOT during the previous 42 Presidents'.

Thanks for nothing, your Chimpiness.

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 06:45 AM
link   
Hes drinking buddies with Karl rove what do you expect. Heck I wouldnt investigate my cousin either.

family protects family >

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 06:49 AM
link   
Well I have a question for all Americans....

What are you going to do about it?
The world has taken the flack and the USA has the power to initiate charges that will stick.

Look forward to your replies

Valorian

CX

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 06:53 AM
link   
Not forgetting that McCain is at the Whitehouse later, getting his endorsment from Bush.

Can't be investigating the very man helping you to be president can you?

All as bad as each other IMO. I feel so sorry for the US, i'm sure there were many thinking that there was light at the end of the tunnel what with Bush leaving office. Instead the tunnel just gets longer and longer.

How much more of this can people take?

CX

[edit on 5/3/08 by CX]

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 06:58 AM
link   
of course he won't investigate. he's on the team, that's what's making him the nominee.

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 06:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Valorian

We aren't going to do anything. Maybe a token "investigation" led by someone equally as corrupt that will go nowhere, but nothing serious. We will continue to be led down the same road until our eventual collapse. I am afraid that we really are past the point of no return now.

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by scientist
of course he won't investigate. he's on the team, that's what's making him the nominee.

Remember when his campaign was almost completely broke and he had pretty much zero chance of winning? This newfound praise of the Bush administration puts his political turn around in a new light for me.

I used to be on the fence with McCain but now my mind is made up.

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 07:23 AM
link   
If the USA learned anything from Clinton it was countless investigations into scandals does nothing but tie up Congress and the House into even a further do nothing attitude. Clinton had/has the worse record of any president but nothing happened. Don't talk about the impeachment hearings, it was a tremendous waste of tax payers money and government time. End result - he retired with his wife seeking another term.

As for the current President...he's better than Clinton. That doesn't say much!

Politics is wonderful, everyone has an opinion, and only in America can you honestly state your views.

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 07:24 AM
link   
Hmmm. Liked McCain. Still do... just "less". I wonder who pulls his strings and when he'll be informed "how it's gonna be' by "Tricky-Dick's tricky Dick". Endorsement of the POTUSA today... that ought to "buy" some and "sell" some. I hope Bush speaks... I likes it when dat man "wings-it" on the dias - Mission Accomplished... entertainment - he's 'bout due for a new "word" or two. Hmmm. Presidential pardon season coming up...

Vic

[edit on 5-3-2008 by V Kaminski]

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Valorian
Well I have a question for all Americans....

What are you going to do about it?
The world has taken the flack and the USA has the power to initiate charges that will stick.
Look forward to your replies
Valorian

Valorian,
I wish I could say that the people in my country would stand up and do something about it....but it's just not going to happen. The evidence for a cover-up involving the events of 9/11 is overwhelming and many people in this country know it was false flag terror. But, nothing is going to be done about it. As long as the citizens of this country can go to work everyday, get their paychecks and sit in front of the Television watching American Idol and Dancing with the Stars....then most of us will sit here while our country is raped from the inside out!!
Take for instance, the older generation that I work with...CAN NOT even comprehend the notion that 9/11 was not carried out by Osama and his fellow cavemen!! Of course the rest of the world knows it!! I go home after my workout everyday and watch CNN for like 5 minutes and look at all the people who support Barrack, Hilary and McCain and it makes me sick. Most if not all of them don't understand that the political parties in this country are just two factions coming from one group with VERY similar agendas.
So, nothing will happen, in my opinion, and the American Empire will fall like the Nazi Empire before us, and the Roman Empire before them....

Cheers,

Purduegrad05

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Karlhungis

The question you should ask is how many American citizens have been killed in terror attacks on their home soil since 9/11? That statistic is important to many people.

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Of course he wouldn't. He is the status quo candidate from the right just as Hillary Clinton is the status quo candidate from the left. And money down she wouldn't investigate either.

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Purduegrad05

Did it occur to you that the reason many people cannot fathom the 9/11 attacks not being carried out by Osama and his fellow cavemen, is because the evidence isn't quite as overwhelming to them, as it is to you?

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 09:55 AM
link   
This is no surprize. He may have a little more moral fiber than Bush, but he still represents old Washington. I used to hold him in high esteem before he bacame a cheerleader for the war. And Blueraja, I see now that you are prepared to defend Bush and the right of Americans to act like bullies around the globe at any cost.

[edit on 5-3-2008 by Silenceisall]

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by BlueRaja

Since 9/11 was a fake terror attack, the question is pointless and McCain is just touting the propaganda wheel by asking questions like that....a question that clearly is meant for those who still belive the official story!

A better question would be....How many people has our government used our military to kill over the past 7 years based on false propaganda and lies to the American taxpayer??!!?
Even if we believe the official story and lets say for a moment we do....we have acted in the wrong way in terms of prosecuting the perps and preventing another "attack"! We attack Afghanistan because that's where the terrorists came from but somehow we can't find a 60 year old caveman on dialysis walking in the mountains....this gov't can find a beetle in the rain forest wearing a pink freakin' tutu, but we can't find Osama!! Please....

Also, where did the "terrorists" come from; Saudi Arabia, and money wired from Pakistan ISI chief to Atta, the "lead hijacker". Of course, we didn't attack those countries or demand answers from them....we just invaded Afghanistan where the opium comes from which in turn brings in drug money to fuel our economy!

For McCain to suggest that he WILL NOT investigate the actions of a corrupt administration is just making it that much easier for the American people to switch their vote to a Democrat, which will bring about ZERO change! Of course, it's quite obvious to see why he wouldn't investigate in the first place.

Purduegrad05

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 10:14 AM
link   
With the anti Bush tide turning it is quickly becoming a anti republican as well. McCain in my opinion by saying that put another nail in the republican coffin.

Thats the way I see it.

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Silenceisall

One of the primary, if not most important responsibilties that a President has, is to defend the country. By pointing out that there haven't been any more 9/11 style attacks and that many people appreciate that, leads you to come to your conclusion how exactly? I'm not prepared to take it in the shorts as a country so to speak, for the sake of world opinion. Any President that wouldn't defend their country at any cost, to include world opinion isn't worth a damn.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join