It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alien Spaceship(?) Shooting Plasma-Like Jets Near Saturn!!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by internos
reply to post by olegkvasha

EXCELLENT work.

It seems to draw an orbit at all (a strange one, BTW): it's Saturn's Ring E:
In this case, even the particles tail explanation does make sense, imho.
And the particles becomes as more visible as more the bright object, whatever it is, if far from camera...
[edit on 5/3/2008 by internos]

internos, was the original OP's vid and pic's (mike/U) taken from a different view of the what was shown by olegkvashs of the E-ring resolution pic's?
To me, it seemed that the event was traveling downwards, was Cass. in a different position or does the original vid's/ pic's show it from a different vantage point?

Just curious, because I was just as excited about this post as mike was, if it is all just a "Visual affect" the direction would be different , "Right?"

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Allred5923

I'm looking for the source used by olegkvasha:
it could be simply turned 180° on its vertical axys: but there seems to be a difference in size in the two animations posted by olegkvasha.

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 10:24 AM
link   
The pictures are raw data from Cassini-Huygens, they have not been validated by NASA yet. What you are seeing are just side affects from cosmic rays hitting the camera from the side, its a common event that happens with all our probes. It's just an exposure issue.

While not quite the same, you can get the same "effect" if you photograph the Moon with a camera on a long exposure (not digital camera..not enough light). The Moon will "streak" across the film.

The same website that hosts the Cassini-Huygens pictures explains what raw data pictures are, and explains what you see in those pictures.

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Shadow_Lord

I am no camera buff and I have seen alot of posted pic's from satelites and the like, but it seems strange that the intensity and the clarity stay as one in an arc trajectory until the vid loop's itself and starts again.
if it were glare, why doesn't it disappear at the , if not for only a sec., radius of the lense. wether it be concave or at the appage of the lense?

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by LastOutfiniteVoiceEternal
Mike,

------ Would you say that you are in desperate need for evidence to constitute a certain thing that is of personal interest

Yep! My need is to know the truth, whether we are alone in this universe or not! Anything wrong with that?

and with this lust for evidence you are overtaken by its emotions that it bestows on you and subsequently stop at things that only slightly resemble the obsession that you are looking for

Nope! It’s not an obsession. Only inquisitiveness and a profound interest in the subject.

and then you twist it up any way that you can making empty hypothesis about why the universe can and can not act in specific ways due to your opinion rather than actual fact

What 'hypothesis? There's no hypothesis! So what are the facts? Christ! We don't even know if the universe started with that ‘Big Bang’! Or whether black holes are a reality. Or how the heck the Moon got here. Or if there's really such a thing as 'dark matter'. Or what makes those Pulsars. Or what those Quasars are. Or GRBs. Or hypernovas. Or that hexagon at Saturns North Pole! Thus far, all are nothing but pure conjectures, deductions, theories but no proof whatsoever or any understanding of these phenomena. No answers so far, just ‘logical guesswork’!

so that said pictures and theories can at least seem to trick the mind into sounding true?

Yep. Like you’ve been tricked by all that’s been dished out so far by mainstream ‘scientists’!

In the above I claim to know no more and no less than you or anyone else about the current subject, rather I am asking a question.

Ditto! I’m asking the questions too. I don’t claim or profess to know what the heck those objects are. Just trying to get some answers!

So, am I imagining things? So be it!

“The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination.”
Albert Einstein

(I have neither, so this thread!!
)

Cheers!

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 10:53 AM
link   

It's not actually glare, but a particle that makes it's way into the camera itself. Because of actual speed of everything (particle and camera speeds), the result is that arc that you see.

Also understand that the movie is not validated, but put together from different pictures. The time delay you see if not realtime at all.

These are really common. Within 30 mintues, you can actually see up to 30 of them. It does not matter if it faces Saturn, Earth, the Moon, the Sun, ect.

I can't say technicaly why it works that way because I just don't know, but I can say that you do see that alot. It usually looks like there is something just off to the side of the camera, a gyser, volcanoe, engine, or in this case an UFO.

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Some planets need a jump start to get where they need to be, charging the planets or refueling them like a battery. This is done.

So if the battery in a planet starts losing its charge They spark it..

Its like (electrical surgery) on the planets battery.

Seen this done with our SUN.

Good thread Mike.

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shadow_Lord

It's not actually glare, but a particle that makes it's way into the camera itself.

These are really common. Within 30 mintues, you can actually see up to 30 of them. It does not matter if it faces Saturn, Earth, the Moon, the Sun, ect.

I can't say technicaly why it works that way because I just don't know, but I can say that you do see that alot. It usually looks like there is something just off to the side of the camera, a gyser, volcanoe, engine, or in this case an UFO.

Hi SL! Good points, but could you validate them by showing similar effects on any other images taken by Cassini? That would put this whole thing to rest somewhat!

Cheers!

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by mikesingh

Let me look around, this could take some time, but I wanted to answer to let everyone know that I didn't just disappear.

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Holy alien spaceships batman!!!!

Umm...

If Im not mistaken,

Isn't this proof of ET's?

Obviously intelligently controlled(both objects).....

A super mighty flag, and the brightest blue star ever!

UNBELIEVABLE

Edit to add:
ALso if you do a Google news search for Saturn UFO or spaceship Saturn, or any combo of keywords, you get nothing, not one mention!

[edit on 5-3-2008 by IMAdamnALIEN]

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Well whatever anyone makes of these images, they are still interesting and great to look at nonetheless. Star+Flag

Is Nasa finally goofing up down there because a new person added onto the team? Or do they actually want to release data of extraterristrials to the people of the country and world?
Whatever it is glad that the images were put up for all to see.

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by IMAdamnALIEN
Obviously intelligently controlled(both objects).....

A super mighty flag, and the brightest blue star ever!

I don't see anything that indicates obvious intelligent control. There's all kind of stuff winging around the solar system that is simply responding to Newtonian physics. Now if something had made a 90deg. turn....stopped and started.....I might think otherwise. But without that, simply things obeying natural laws.

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Ok, I have what I was looking for. First, here are a couple links to some other "artifacts" created by the camera...

NASA 1
NASA 2
NASA 3
NASA 4
And other picture just to show how sometimes we get the pictures.
Opps

Now as for the original pictures we see, yes they are real and yes the "plume" or arc is visible. But it's just the first part of the pictures. Coming up on the horizons is a bright object.

Next Pic in line

You can see the whole series here. Looking at them in whole as a series, I think you will understand what your seeing, we can see the same thing on Earth bases cameras when the Sun is setting.

Sun Pillar
Sun Pillar 2

Series 1
Series 2

I was wrong on the cosmic particle on the original pictures, that was based off me thinking that was the entire series of pictures, sorry. Why I wanted to show the first ones to help get the idea

[edit on 5-3-2008 by Shadow_Lord]

[edit on 5-3-2008 by Shadow_Lord]

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 12:12 PM
link   
dude, mike,
your the man.
this is exciting stuff...

and that animation... BLOWS me away!

I would LOVE to hear the explanation NASA has to offer.

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by MrPenny

Absolutely. Although there do seem to be some "things" knocking around in space that don't appear to be obeying any natural law of physics. I've always wondered about this, for example:

NASA STS-114 UFO

Weird.

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 12:19 PM
link   
here this explains it, Curtis really does a good job

helloearth.info...

Cassini's images show the bright clump orbits Saturn between 300,000 and 634,000 miles (485,000 and 1,000,000 kilometers) away from the planet's surface, but astronomers have not yet figured out what creates it nor why it moves so quickly.
The clump seems loosely hooked to the planet...
...we just don't know.
...we're working very hard to figure out.

you guys are really make this tuff on yourselves...

[edit on 5-3-2008 by ATSGUY]

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 12:33 PM
link   

I'm looking for the source used by olegkvasha:
it could be simply turned 180° on its vertical axys: but there seems to be a difference in size in the two animations posted by olegkvasha.

Sorry for late reply

These are the 3 pages of images I used for the animations.

Gallery Page 4

Gallery Page 5

Gallery Page 6

And the search I used to find them:

Multimedia - Images - Raw Images - Results

Camera: Wide Angle , Narrow Angle

Target: SATURN-ERING

Observation Time: 05/14/2004 through 12/31/2010

The reason for the smaller size of the animation is purely because of file size. There are alot of different images in the sequence and the .gif file had to be below 1.4mb to be able to upload it
. But apart from the size NO adjustments were made to the images.

/Rich

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikesingh

Originally posted by LastOutfiniteVoiceEternal
and then you twist it up any way that you can making empty hypothesis about why the universe can and can not act in specific ways due to your opinion rather than actual fact

What 'hypothesis? There's no hypothesis!

Mike, look again at the hyperbolic, tabloid title you created for this thread. "Alien Spaceship(?) Shooting Plasma-Like Jets Near Saturn!!" Complete with extra exclamation points. It's the very definition of "empty hypothesis".

At any rate, good job bringing this interesting phenomenon to our attention. I'm glad you're taking the time to find these gems.

Thanks for the animations, Internos! They really made the phenomenon "pop" and come to life.

to olegvasha and Shadow Lord for finding more cases of this artifact so we can make a more well-reasoned "hypothesis" as to what these images might be showing.

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Here's the full leght sequence

"A" and "B" are (at least apparently) moving together, imho:

Sources:

From
W00039334

To
W00039364

Images Credit: NASA/JPL/Space Science Institute

[edit on 5/3/2008 by internos]

Sorry to say this but if you look at some of the lights/stars above you'll see that after a second or 2 one will start flying at amazing speed, then neer the end of the animation a star just apears for a second then vanishes?

Could this be a glitch in the camera or could it be something jumping through WARP ^_^ joking about the warp bit , but it seems that A) the animation has been developed and there was a mistake or B) there has been some editing of the image

just my speculations, dont hold them against me

peace out

-EDIT-

its around the light at the top. its around the ring thing ^_^

[edit on 5-3-2008 by Richard.M.J.Palmer]

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Richard.M.J.Palmer

It's a combination of things. The biggest one is the amount of time between frames. There are alot of things in view that are not stars, so they appear to travel much faster. So if a rock comes into view, you will only see it for a frame or two, then poof its gone.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join