It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alien Spaceship(?) Shooting Plasma-Like Jets Near Saturn!!

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Just go read this and you'll have your answer to this mystery. Enceladus is shooting water plumes in space. That's what is on this pictures.

www.badastronomy.com...

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Something to keep in mind about our governement and sites like this:
They are always befing monitored by Anaylsts for content, meaning our government may not have an explanation for certain discoveries and so "leak" things to the public to see what comes out of it.
Essentially NASA my not know exactly what caused the effect, or they may know and now they are fishing to see what the "community" may know or suspect. Our government (refferring to the USA) runs on info and disinformation. Otherwise I was impressed by the wealth of knowledge and the serious approach to anomalies posted on this forum (for the most part). Personally I think the Gorgons from Zeta Reticula could take any and all comers with their phasers tied behind their obdullah oblongatas.

(I have nothing witty for a PS)

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 08:08 AM
link   
reply to post by mikesingh

Now the thing to understand is, we are looking at raw pictures. This is a damaged picture (we can tell by the right side the transmission was not perfect). Nothing states that it is zoomed in at all (stars on the outside of the frame are still the same general area, zoomed in we should not see those). Happens quite a bit (example).
These cameras are very sensitive and can detect visible light without the source object actually being in the field of view, as well as ranges outside visible light.
The "plume" we see here we see on Earth, Mars, and in space. It's just a trick of the light.
I think our best chances of finding life in our solar system are Mars, and Titan. So hanging around Saturn is a good idea

I do like this thread, if nothing else to hear other peoples ideas. This is one of the threads where there are clearly 2 sides to this topic, but yet I don't see any hostility back and forth.

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by TrentReznor

img169.imageshack.us...

I would have to agree with you i have read this entire thread and this camera view says it all, the so called plumes only happen when the object enters and exits the frame. It clearly at that point would be lens flare. I enjoyed reading this thread and everyone thoughts.

[edit on 7-3-2008 by GavsTT]

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by riouxda
Just go read this and you'll have your answer to this mystery. Enceladus is shooting water plumes in space. That's what is on this pictures.

www.badastronomy.com...

Quite! I suggested this many many pages ago, but sadly the UFO idea was more popular

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by timelike

Originally posted by riouxda

www.badastronomy.com...

Quite! I suggested this many many pages ago, but sadly the UFO idea was more popular

Listen guys, I'm really not trying to be mean, but personally I find it hard to believe anything that Phil Plait says. I mean no offense, and if you want to believe him, go right ahead. I've just seen him be dead wrong on so many issues that he's lost all credibility in my view. He also uses very negative tactics, name calling, etc, and he doesn't respond to emails that use known science to debate his 'theories'.

This could well be Enceladus, nobody knows at this point. What we need here is a summary of the evidence so far. I'm not sure when I'll have a chance but I'll try to organize one today if somebody else doesn't beat me to it.

As I understand it currently, we have:
- two different Cassini image sets
-gif animations made from these two image sets
- a third image recently offered that is possibly zoomed in on the 'object'
- NASA on record saying they don't know what this object is (which makes me think it's not a known moon like Enceladus...

If I get a chance today, I'll post here sourcing all of these things with links (or maybe just the data, so it's all together). If someone beats me to it I will give that post a star.

Lets go on what we know, and what we can prove. Long threads like this tend to get confusing, and summarizing is essential to get a view of the big picture

Mike, can you please source this new image you've presented as a possible 'zoom in'? I just want to be able to get everything in order here so that if questioned I can source a document or image easily.

-WFA

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Wow those are amazing, i noticed that the filtered pic kinda looked like some old pictures i saw a while ago. Cymantics i beleive its called, i did i fast google search and found THIS, its not the same as the filtered picture, but i think you get the jist of what i mean.

Fox

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Here is a start...

First Data Set - Posted by MikeSingh
www.abovetopsecret.com...

saturn.jpl.nasa.gov...
saturn.jpl.nasa.gov...
saturn.jpl.nasa.gov...
saturn.jpl.nasa.gov...
saturn.jpl.nasa.gov...

Gif Animation (by Internos) of these images in sequence:

Using Images:
saturn.jpl.nasa.gov...
saturn.jpl.nasa.gov...
saturn.jpl.nasa.gov...
saturn.jpl.nasa.gov...
saturn.jpl.nasa.gov...
saturn.jpl.nasa.gov...
saturn.jpl.nasa.gov...
saturn.jpl.nasa.gov...

The full length sequence (by Internos):

Using Images:
saturn.jpl.nasa.gov...
thru
saturn.jpl.nasa.gov...

Second Data Set - Posted by Oleg

Images from 3 galleries:
Gallery 4 - saturn.jpl.nasa.gov...
Gallery 5 - saturn.jpl.nasa.gov...
Gallery 6 - saturn.jpl.nasa.gov...

Gif Animations (by Oleg ) of these images in sequence:

Does anyone have the source data for NASA's claim on what this object is or is not?

-WFA

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by mikesingh

Also notice the protrusion at the top (and bottom) of the object from where the jet emanated. Is it some sort of a gigantic plasma gun?

Perhaps this is a form of propulsion for this object, instead of a gun.

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 03:04 PM
link   
This my first time posting to this forum. My first thought was that it was lens flare of some sort because of the obvious optical flaring off of the object. Then I began to remember Mimas, the moon with the big crater in it. If this is pointing toward Mimas, I would say that it could very well be some strange fountaining. Why, because I've been out there. I am Michael of the Michael connection of Helloearth.info web site. I was given a special look at Mimas just before going black, that is when the ship goes faster than light speed. I believe that my hosts wanted me to remember that their base is at or near Mimas of Saturn. This base of operation is called the New Jerusem or New Jerusalem. Hey there are a lot of other strange things going on out at Saturn. Let me tell you, I really know.

Aloha,
Michael

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 03:10 PM
link   
It looks like another Hollywood blockbuster ... Star Wars finds the gate beam weapon hidden in the Sirius constellation.

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 07:44 PM
link   
VERY INTERESTING STUFF people. Great opinions and theories,BUT, no conclusive answers. This is why I am a member here. Always something new, and different. Never boring!

Let's see if main stream media picks up on this one, and then let the debunking begin.

I cannot offer anything beyond what has been said already. I don't know enough.

I eagerly await the outcome of this one! You fella's rock!

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by WitnessFromAfar

Mike, can you please source this new image you've presented as a possible 'zoom in'? I just want to be able to get everything in order here so that if questioned I can source a document or image easily.

-WFA

Thanks for volunteering, WFA! OK. Here are the image sources:

saturn.jpl.nasa.gov...
saturn.jpl.nasa.gov...

The second image is the Zoom of the object in the first one.

posted on Mar, 8 2008 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by mikesingh
Thanks for volunteering, WFA! OK. Here are the image sources:
saturn.jpl.nasa.gov...
saturn.jpl.nasa.gov...

Thanks Mike, that's what I needed to know.

From checking out all of the data sets so far submitted, it seems that this 'geyser' or 'stream' occurs quite frequently.

I'm now certain that the images Oleg Posted animations for and your originally posted images are different shots, and it looks like they were taken from different camera angles (wide and narrow).

Here is a third image I found, where it happens again:

I checked the NASA FAQ page, and it says the following about lense flares:
"When the cameras take an image of something like a moon with a very bright Saturn just out of view, light shining from the planet can reflect off parts of the inside of the camera and onto the sensor. The inside of each camera is coated with a black non-reflective substance to minimize this scattered light. Still, some light does get in and the result can be rays or large fuzzy circles of light."
from - saturn.jpl.nasa.gov...

If the image I posted above (as well as the ones posted by Oleg and Mike) are showing lense flare, should we not also expect (from NASA's own description of the effect) to see a similar flaring from Saturn also, which is clearly in the proper postition to cause such an effect?

Also, in every example listed of other lense flare artifacts, we see a straight line pattern, sometimes a radial or spherical pattern to the flare.

In this case we seem to be looking at a stream of matter with a clear dispersal pattern as material leaves the force of the blast, and particle drift congruent with what one would expect in zero g.

Moon with a geyser, or spaceship from where ever theories notwithstanding for a moment, I'm simply not convinced that this could be a lense flare.

If it were Lens flare, the following picture would illustrate the light path:

Does anyone else think the lens flare explanation gets to be a bit of a stretch in this scenario? It kind of reminds me of Oswalds magic bullet

posted on Mar, 8 2008 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by mikesingh
Here are the image sources:
saturn.jpl.nasa.gov...
saturn.jpl.nasa.gov...

Regarding these two images, we have the following supporting data:
"N00061935.jpg was taken on May 23, 2006 and received on Earth May 24, 2006. The camera was pointing toward TETHYS at approximately 508,727 kilometers away, and the image was taken using the CL1 and CL2 filters."

The other images may be of a different object, but they may not.

From your original data set:
"(The Images were) taken on November 20, 2007 and received on Earth November 21, 2007. The camera was pointing toward SATURN-E RING at approximately 1,741,354 kilometers away, and the image was taken using the CL1 and CL2 filters."

Now, I'm not saying that this object near Tethys in the one picture isn't also traveling through Saturn's E Ring over a year later. It's totally possible. But do you have some other evidence suggesting this to be the case, I'd love to have that connection also.

Either way, the May object near Tethys is also fascinating, if it's not the same object. And it certainly isn't Tehys, here's a pic of that:

Unless of course somehow the high tech cameras aboard Cassini aren't capable of competing with my Meade ETX 90
(Tiny Home Telescope)
[EDIT - I didn't take the above pic, just an analogy of what my scope could do from that distance...]

-WFA

[edit on 8-3-2008 by WitnessFromAfar]

posted on Mar, 8 2008 @ 01:30 AM
link   

- a third image recently offered that is possibly zoomed in on the 'object'
- NASA on record saying they don't know what this object is (which makes me think it's not a known moon like Enceladus...

WitnessFromAfar, thank you for some excellent posts

I would say that there's also this image of Mimas

in which Mimas has about the same appearance: i guess that if we'd dig in we'd find many different moons with the same appearance. I mean, that shape doeasn't help in order to assest what body/moon is it.
IMHO, it could help more the fact that the camera is supposed to point toward E Ring: in this case, the moon could be one of the one showed in this graphic within the spectrum of E rings (pheraps within 180,000 kilometers to 640,000 kilometers from the planet, but i'm not sure)
A list can be found here:

saturn.jpl.nasa.gov...

[edit on 8/3/2008 by internos]

posted on Mar, 8 2008 @ 03:43 AM
link   

Excellent analysis WFA!

Also, in every example listed of other lens flare artifacts, we see a straight line pattern, sometimes a radial or spherical pattern to the flare.

In this case we seem to be looking at a stream of matter with a clear dispersal pattern as material leaves the force of the blast, and particle drift congruent with what one would expect in zero g.

I'm simply not convinced that this could be a lense flare.

Spot on!
That’s exactly what I’ve been trying to impress in my previous posts. There is a very noticeable ‘fountain effect’ or as you said, ‘dispersal pattern’. It doesn’t seem that anyone other than you has analyzed this effect. This does NOT conform to lens flare geometry.

How can this be a lens flare? It isn’t
in a straight line, but has a narrow stem
which then expands toward the top like
a spray! One can also notice a
particle-like effect, especially in the animation.
Light does not behave in this manner.

Now, I'm not saying that this object near Tethys in the one picture isn't also traveling through Saturn's E Ring over a year later. It's totally possible. But do you have some other evidence suggesting this to be the case, I'd love to have that connection also.

I'm trying to ascertain whether that object in the OP and the zoomed-in object are the same. But these two are the same as can be seen by the position of the stars:

Cheers!

posted on Mar, 8 2008 @ 03:50 AM
link   
I'm sorry if I missed an answer, but I did read a post suggesting that the phoot anomaly was possibly a jet of gas from Enceladus. Did this suppositon get adequately addressed?

I dont mean to interfere with the discussion, I actually think it's a very good discussion, I just don't have time to read all the way through, hence my question.

Thanks!

posted on Mar, 8 2008 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker
I'm sorry if I missed an answer, but I did read a post suggesting that the phoot anomaly was possibly a jet of gas from Enceladus. Did this suppositon get adequately addressed?

I dont mean to interfere with the discussion, I actually think it's a very good discussion, I just don't have time to read all the way through, hence my question.

Thanks!

Yeah! That was discussed too!

But remember, the diameter of Enceladus (If that object IS Enceladus!) is 500km. The plume or jet of water, or shall we say, geyser, is approx 10 times its size. That means this geyser would have been 5000km high!!!
WOW! That's a HUGE geyser, if ever there was one!!

Considering the gravity of Enceladus being 1/10th that of Earth's, a similar eruption on Earth would have reached 500km into space!! Now that's impossible!

Therefore, I tend not to buy that 'geyser' explanation!

Cheers!

posted on Mar, 8 2008 @ 07:35 AM
link   
reply to post by WitnessFromAfar

It seems most are ignoring my post explaining that a possible cause for the dispersion and changing shape of the exit flare is due to the fact that the object was in orbital motion and effectively about to change direction just off the lens of the camera. As it enters the bottom of the frame it is effectively coming straight across the lens, and we see a more straight flare. As it exits at the top, it is slowing down to a stop (as perceived from that camera angle) and changing direction to come back across the lens during its orbit. The camera is at just the right position to capture the flare and its appearance as a filamentary burst is readily understood to be caused by the fact that the moon has slowed to a stop and about to change direction relative to the camera, and lens flare would also change, exhibiting particle like effect and odd shapes depending on the angles.

Also, in this case the sun and the 'magic bullet' analysis doesn't apply, the sun isn't the source of the flare, the reflection of light from the moon is. You can treat the moon as a point source of light in this case, the angle of the sun relative to it makes no difference at all in this analysis. In fact I can't help but think that was thrown out as a distraction tactic.

Also, you CAN see the flare from Saturn, it takes up a major portion of the image! It is the big white diffuse and striated looking area. It doesn't appear to change or move because with respect to the camera Saturn is stationary in the images it is centered at the bottom of the frame.

This image is the one that I am referencing:

Now, being a proponent of plasma cosmology I would love for this to be yet more proof of discharge phenomena. And being a firm believer in terrestrial and extra-terrestrial life, I would love for this to be yet more proof of ET spacecraft. But in my mind it is just far too obvious after looking at all the evidence presented by everyone, that it is a lens/light effect, and nothing more.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join