It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Glowing Saucer captured on film over Plymouth UK

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Niclas
No, that is good evidence Heelstone. I saw from the beginning that it was lens reflections from the city lights.

what?????

where???? you want to really debunk this don't you?

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by heelstone
Neo.

The only thing I have done is to show a very good relationship with what is in the sky and on the ground in one picture. It makes for an excellent case for lense reflections.

The original image of a singular UFO is hard/impossible to show air/ground relationship to, so you can still believe in that if you want, but the multiple lights picture does indeed have a more down to earth explanation.

[Edited on 22-2-2004 by heelstone]

why is the image inverted 90 degrees then?

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by 11thdimension
Heelstone-Did you try that with all the pics,or just one?The object does seem to express some solidity in one of the pics.One thing I would be curious to hear is the photo takers actual experience surrounding this event,wheter he was just randomly snapping pics and the anomoly appeared in it,or whether he first spotted something moving with the naked eye and/or heard some accompanying sound coming from it.

[Edited on 22-2-2004 by 11thdimension]

it says he was randomly taking pics. he suggested that the image was not seen when he used his viewfinder to take the picture. This is common with ufo's as they have cloaking technology that allows them to be invisible to human eyesight. Funny but digital and film cameras pick up the images leading one to believe that they emit light in other bands that the CCD's and film can capture light from but we cannot see.

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by THENEO
why is the image inverted 90 degrees then?
I guess you are asking why the lights are flipped 180 degrees. That is yet more proof of a reflection. Reflections are almost always flipped in some manner. Just look at a mirror. Circular lenses flip the image 180 degrees rather than just a simple horizontal flip like a mirror or water reflection.

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 05:27 PM
link   
The images are not flipped 180 degrees but only 90 degrees. A flip of 180 degrees would be making something upside down which is what you advocate and is possible but I see no reason to automatically believe it here. In this case the image is rotated only 90 degrees which rules out simple reflection.

What I also notice upon more analysis of the image itself is the detail in the admittedly hazzy image of the saucer. The variation in color and light indicate that it is may be an accurate capturing of the device in its energetic state (for lack of better way to describe it).

It is still possibly fake, I never rule that out not to be a weasel about it but to recognize the complexity of technology itself. I guess our debate is a bit senseless unless we had an original copy of the image in question anyways.

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by THENEO

Originally posted by Niclas
No, that is good evidence Heelstone. I saw from the beginning that it was lens reflections from the city lights.

what?????

where???? you want to really debunk this don't you?

Yeah, I mean I saw just about what heelstone shows in detail. Still you cannot be 100 % sure that this similarity debunks the case either, but it makes it more probable that we are dealing with a fake or misinterpretation. I suppose at least half of those interested in UFOs also are interested in debunking fake cases.

posted on Feb, 24 2004 @ 02:07 PM
link   
that thing looks pretty fake to me.

posted on Feb, 24 2004 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Anyone in the UK seen any updates on this case?

posted on Feb, 24 2004 @ 06:55 PM
link   
I have seen nothing on the news or in the press,although i must admit i don't often buy a newspaper.

posted on Feb, 24 2004 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Come on this is not amazing even i can whip up something better than this in paint shop. Plainly this could easily be a hoax as all the images are of very low resolution and bad quality.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join