It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

All This Stupid 2012 stuff...

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2008 @ 08:16 PM
link   
The Sun will be blackened and the Moon will turn red(because the soil is reddish) in 2012. This is the peak crossing point of the radiation "Photon Belt" in space.

Also, there's a small chance that the Mayans will come back on UFOs to make another calendar for us.

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Look its 2008 now, this is 4 years away. I can see alot of people falling out on ATS over the next few years can t you? This is going to get such a hot topic.

I think we should just all decide to be much nicer to each other , not just on ATS but in general, to the people we know and live with. Then whatever happens at least we tryed to be better people.

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 10:46 AM
link   
What if I was to tell you that the year 2012 is merely
2+0=(2) and 1+2=(3) the year your receive an extra set of 23 chromosomes

Would you believe me?

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by fastwalker23

You ve been watching that Jim Carrey film "23" haven t you!!

[edit on 10-3-2008 by Mr Green]

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 02:38 PM
link   
i agree that there are way to many conspiracies connected to the 2012 date.

it has become almost comical , but i think its going to get worse before it gets better.

my personal belief is : nothing will happen on that day. but who really knows ?

i hate to add fuel to the fire but there were predictions from the Mayans about a different date

Their earliest calendar was based on the long-count system, starting with a date that is equivalent of August 10 3113BC, the beginning of a huge cycle of 13 bakhtuns (394.5 years) cheeringly forecast to end on December 24 2011 with the destruction of the world.

www.mrinbetween.com...
Mayan calendar calculation

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 02:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by aecreate
I understand.

The only thing the Mayans could predict were the natural cycles of
observable phenomena. Phases of the moon, the Venus cycle,
the seasons, summer and winter solstices, eclipses, etc etc.
*snip*

And I think that's just the extent of it.

They saw that things happened in the sky, and worked out that they were constants, noted how long it took for each event to happen, and worked out from that when they would happen in the future. They may also have developed some sound scientific theory on the way space works.

What would be interesting to know, is how much, if anything, they got WRONG on their observations of space.

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 03:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by easynow

i agree that there are way to many conspiracies connected to the 2012 date.

it has become almost comical , but i think its going to get worse before it gets better.

Unfortunatly I agree with you. I can see a few suicide type cults popping up. (not that I have any powers,but you just know how these things can pan out)

At the end of the day,if there's some big cover up over a big old scary planet and a dark star,then they'll keep it covered. So,we'll just have to wait and see if it ever appears.Anything else is pure theory.If it does then bang,they woz right all along. But,until that day happens,I'm not going to be fretting over it too much.I'll keep a vested interest,but I'm not going to let something that's probably not true,rule over my life.

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 03:55 AM
link   
It's something like convincing yourself that a meteor is about to land on your head. That sort of obsession could lead to the believer living in a state of permanent paranoia and unable to function in the world around them to any useful degree.

My best advice is to live life and enjoy it because, unless you're into reincarnation, you only have one shot at it

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 09:40 AM
link   
My point of view is that this is nothing more than Grade 'A' fertilizer

For the Mayans to have figured out 3600 years ago that this thing moves in a circle (oval, eliptic, orbit), they would have had to know about it arriving 7200 years (approx 5200BC) ago aswell.

And the only thing I can find which happened about then was that the Byzantine Calendar which said the Earth was created 5509–08 BC or the Julian calendar which claimed 5493 BC

I know Im going to regret posting that, I just know it

[edit on 11-3-2008 by Mark Roazhar]

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Hi

Ive made a promise to myself I will not go down the millenium route. Im open to all opinions on this but I will not be buying any books,Cd's or DVD's in relation to any 2012 theory. In Dec 1999 my book case was sooooooooooo full of books by the likes of Graham Hancock that it was about to fall through the floor.

Everything I need is on the internet FREE and I for one will not be getting out my money no matter how true things appear to be.

I also will not be doing a countdown to distruction as this will not be productive, we will all become more and more hyper as the date arrives.

What happens happens when it does thats all.

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 09:02 PM
link   
I tend to believe that things out of the ordinary will happen in the next 4 years. Not just in 2012 but 2008 - 2011 too... I recently learned about consciencious. I did research throughtout the web and found it to be very credible. Love is the way. Gold Rule.

Now to stay on Topic.
You Can google it which would probably lead to Wikepedia.

Just to stay clear on this I don't believe in any End of the World Theories, although the world as we know it will change. Maybe Planet X, I don't really know about that one. I do think that the Mayan Calender is Accurate.
We are entering in what is called the Aqaurius Age, the age of Enlightment.
Thanks for the great thread, Starred and Flagged.

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 05:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Trams

Quite right, things out of the ordinary will happen to the Earth over the next four years, its already happening. I think if we all look within ourselves we know things are changing. We just need to remember not to get carried away with it all, enjoy the life we have now, love others more than ourselves and none of us will go wrong in all this .

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by fastwalker23

Here is one. I think 2012 consists of these prime factors.

2012 = 2×2×503

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by aecreate

I totally starred your post, dude. Now THAT is a 2012 conspiracy that actually makes me take note and worry. Unlike all this higher vibrations from Venus/We are one/here comes planet X crap, this AI business has been going on for sometime and is getting closer and closer to completion.

It is basically the same scenario in The Terminator: Military creates massive AI network that eventually becomes self aware, super intelligent and independent, and decides all humans suck and need to be nuked. Or, in the Matrix, deciding humans have a use but need to be kept in a comatose dream.

And the monsters who create this thing, once it hits that self awareness threshold, will not be able to pull the plug on it. It will keep on gorwing and making it's own decisions, becoming infinitely smarter with every minute.

Yeah. This is SCARY crap.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join