It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whats up "Scruffy"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Yeah, so my store got a new co manager, our old one got burnt out after an A&W was added to our KFC, and I don't blame him. Twice the work, same pay and same number of workers, way to go fortune 500 member YUM! brands, money coming out the ears and all, theres a strike in the works for you greedy bastar... (self snip).

I worked with this new guy a few times when he started. He didn't seem that bad, 18 years old, strong (and thick) head on his shoulders. Seems that my current manager has worked with him before. Well, about a week ago, I got word that a lot of people didn't like him. I wasn't sure why, my self and our other morning worker, who I'll call Nas, didn't have a problem with him... At the time.

So, last week I was working, our food packing station was out of those boxes that we put hamburgers in, we call them clam shells. I went to the back to see if we had any more, didn't find any. So I go back out to help the new co manager, and ask him if we had gotten any clam shells in the morning delivery. He mumbled something that sounded like "They're back there", and I told him I'd go double check. He then snaps at me and says, "I SAID I would go back and check, don't you LISTEN"!? I was taken aback by this sudden outburst, but I wont take that (snip), so I calmly replied, "Yes I do listen, thats why I was hired, you just need to TALK LOUDER

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 11:53 PM
link   
forget about that guy. youre not at work. Leave work where it is. We all will get to serve our karma sooner or later. Just dont mess up yours bringing yourself to his level.
if that kid wants to be exactly that, a kid. let em. its to his own detriment. Maybe you could just politely tell him how everyone wants to see him be accepted, but his ways are not quite understood and if he could please explain his actions.

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by psychedeliack

Well said, I fully agree with ya. We're currently training another guy to take over, that co-manager will be out the door soon. I just gotta make it through the next few months.

I'm a real nice guy, so I've been told, but if push comes to shove, well, you get the idea. He's just a kid, as I've always viewed him as. Prolly why he backed down when I snapped back at him. I've always been nice to him, as I do with everyone, it's in my nature. But I'm on my guard now with him, I dunno I'm just anxious about the next 3 days.

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 02:26 AM
link   
Oh yay, the first day.

So, the day I was dreading came upon me, I managed to break my ice scraper, so I drove with a half scraped wind shield. I woke up late so I didn't have time to start the defroster, but I managed to get enough ice off to drive safely.

Today was hectic, Just the new co manager, Nas, and my self. The new co was an arse of course. He didn't bother me as much but he did lash out one time.

I was cleaning the lobby while Nas was doing some prep work making mashed potatoes, the Co was on the window dealing with one customer. Another customer came through the drive through and sat there for about a minute. The customer then said, "Hello, I'm ready". Then the Co said over our head sets, "Will some one take that (Snipping) ORDER"? He was looking at me with a mean look as I was trying to clean the lobby.

So I drop the broom and dust pan, rush back to the kitchen and took the order, a little distraught at the young co manager's out burst. Remember, Nas and I made a pact, and Nas Lit off like a nuke. She yelled, "What did you say?! WHAT DID YOU SAY?!?! You don't need to talk to us like that, *rant rant rant* (I'm laughing my arse off by now) I've heard what everyone has said about you, and it's all TRUE"!

Man today was rough, but I had someone who stuck up for me, before I blew a gasket. Nas is a good person. We laughed about the altercation throughout the day, made my day so much easier.

new topics

top topics

join