It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Thing.....2???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2004 @ 12:03 PM
link   
I was flipping past FOX news last night (I swear I don't watch it!) and caught an anouncement that John Carpender is going to make a sequal to his remake of the old original. I scoured the net for info, but can't find a shread of proof concerning the statement. Any horror fans out there know anything about this?

posted on Feb, 20 2004 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Should be good if it is made

www.cinescape.com...

[Edited on 20-2-2004 by drunk]

posted on Feb, 20 2004 @ 12:53 PM
link   
It's complete nonsense.

www.aintitcool.com...

...and if Carpenter ain't on board, then who the hell would want a sequel???

It had the most perfect ending, please for Christ's sake leave it that way!!!

If any of his movies should get a sequel then it should be Big Trouble in Little China or They Live (biased of course...
)

posted on Feb, 20 2004 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Damn, that sucks! I got excited when I heard it, but then calmed down realizing that it was on FOX news.:shk:

posted on Feb, 20 2004 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by John Nada
It's complete nonsense.

www.aintitcool.com...

If any of his movies should get a sequel then it should be Big Trouble in Little China or They Live (biased of course...
)

So if you are a JC (no not Jesus Christ) fan, then what did you thing of Vampires (or whatever it was called)? My gf thought that it was really boring and she usally likes horror movies. I thought that it was ok because I like James Woods, but it wasn't great.

posted on Feb, 20 2004 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jonna

It's complete nonsense.

www.aintitcool.com...

)

So if you are a JC (no not Jesus Christ) fan, then what did you thing of Vampires (or whatever it was called)? My gf thought that it was really boring and she usally likes horror movies. I thought that it was ok because I like James Woods, but it wasn't great.

It was pretty awful, as was Ghosts of Mars. They were like TV movies, they looked terrible. You're right though James Woods saved the day in Vampires, it's just that JC doesn't get a decent budget or wealth of talent on board.

Most of his old collaborators don't work with him anymore e.g. Dean Cundy (Director of Photography), they both complemented each other greatly. The guy who he's working with now must have a long history in US soap operas.

Most people think JC's lost it but I don't. He just needs to get the right people around him again (which wont likely happen unfortunately) and he'll be back in business.

posted on Feb, 20 2004 @ 01:06 PM
link   
P.S. I miss his synth scores he used to do with Alan Howarth as well as they were so atmospheric. The crappy blues and metal stuff he does now is terrible.

posted on Feb, 20 2004 @ 01:11 PM
link   
One thing that I loved about his older movies was the casting. The hero/antihero was always perfect. I wanted to be Snake Pliskin as a child.

posted on Feb, 20 2004 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jonna
One thing that I loved about his older movies was the casting. The hero/antihero was always perfect. I wanted to be Snake Pliskin as a child.

hahaha!!! Who didn't? The cool thing about his heroes is that they aren't heroes, they're actually arseholes.

Snake is completely remorseless, but that's the best thing about him, as well as the fact he kicks arse mercilessly.

posted on Feb, 20 2004 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Snake is completely remorseless, but that's the best thing about him, as well as the fact he kicks arse mercilessly.

Too bad the sequal was trash. I can't believe that lame surfing sceen. The only saving grace is that they got Bruce Campell as the mad doctor.

And what the hell happened to Kurt Russell? He use to be so damn cool, but then he did Overboard and I wanted to shoot myself. Stick to being unlikible and I will like you more!

posted on Feb, 20 2004 @ 07:49 PM
link   

And what the hell happened to Kurt Russell? He use to be so damn cool, but then he did Overboard and I wanted to shoot myself. Stick to being unlikible and I will like you more!

You ought to have seen his first movies.......LAME!!!!

The "computer that wore tennis shoes" comes to mind

Whoops is my age showing?

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 07:53 AM
link   
I like Kurt Russel in Tango and Cash thats was funny.,

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 11:36 PM
link   
'Vampires' was based on a novel called 'Vampire$' by John Steakley. Of course the book was far superior to the film. And I agree with John Nada that 'They Live' needs a sequal - just imagine what could be done with all the new CGI stuff !

top topics

join