It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's happening in Oregon with National Guard?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 10:15 PM
link   

What's happening in Oregon with National Guard?

www.koin.com

Here is an email I received this afternoon that seems to
suggest that \"something\" big is about to happen in Oregon, most likely Portland. Please advise if you know anybody connected with the Oregon National Guard who suddenly has been mobilized or engaged in unusual training or preparations. I\'d like to get to the bottom of this immediately and put out the warning if anybody can corroborate any of this.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 10:16 PM
link   
This is my first posting so if I don\'t have it all correctly done my apologies.

Received this from a friend. Not sure what to make of it yet. Has any one else heard or have any info. Do you live in Oregon and have seen any odd activity?

Something is up out in Oregon...

I received this today. I live on the Oregon Coast very close to the California border. My thought is that this will be more on the I-5 corridor where the heavier population is located. Whatever is going to happen with the new global banking, it sounds close. However, it doesn\'t sound like it will go peacefully. I would think that all states are going through the same preparation. NES-ARA is supposed to close the banks for three days. Any other rumors or observations out there?
Karen R.
Sent: Monday, March 03, 2008 11:22 AM
Subject: Something is up out in Oregon...

For your discernment....

If you have friends in Oregon, pass this on to them.
However if the banks in Oregon have trouble, it could be
nationwide. Let your inner consciousness or intuition be
your guide. The vanishing vehicles in the NG armorys may be being spread around throughout that part of the state.

Here is an email I received this afternoon that seems to
suggest that \"something\" big is about to happen in Oregon, most likely Portland. Please advise if you know anybody connected with the Oregon National Guard who suddenly has been mobilized or engaged in unusual training or preparations. I\'d like to get to the bottom of this immediately and put out the warning if anybody can corroborate any of this.

Hi Mr. Steele,

I have some news about something possibly getting ready to happen in Oregon. A few days ago I saw a email on Ghost Troops where somebody claimed they had very very reliable information that the Oregon guard was being mobilized on 48 hours notice and that the mission was domestic and something possibly to do with a banking crisis. They claimed that not a rubber tired vehicle was left in any of the armorys in the state.

My next door neighbor xxxx is in the guard and I have been
waiting for a chance to talk to him for a couple of days now.

I just spotted my neighbor xxxx in his fatigues and just getting
back home from drill in Salem. I ran over to ask him a few
questions and he seemed surprised that I might know something is up. He said there was a lot of unusual things at drill this
weekend.

Firstly I asked if he knew anything about the guard being
mobilized on 48 hours notice with a domestic deployment. He
said \"no\", but there was something getting ready to happen he
thinks. I told him I had heard that there was not a rubber tired
vehicle left in any of the armorys in the state of Oregon. He
was kind of startled a little, that I might know that, and he said
that it is really strange that there are a lot of vehicles missing and
what\'s left is being made ready to use and that there were some
huge vehicles there that he had never seen before. Big vehicles
with 5 axles and huge tires and the nose was slanted up as if to
go over rough terrain. He thought it was all very odd.

Also they were given 4 shots yesterday and they wouldn\'t tell
them what they were for. He stated that he was up to date on
all his shots and was told he needed these also. He didn\'t like
that too much.

Also the company commander and a couple of high ranking
NCOs were absent from drill which was odd, as they have
always been present in the past. They also had to go through
all of their gas masks and their MOP suits and make sure
everything fit and in good working order. This one alone tells
me something!

A doctor told him that they were getting ready to do something
because of all of the readiness being made with the men and
equipment. And the feeling is just talking to xxxx that it is very
soon...he doesn\'t know, but he is edgy about it and seems a little worried. And I\'m worried alot!

I also got out of xxxx that he had heard something about a
banking crisis connected to the stock market and that they
were issued new carbines this weekend. Also they were
given a briefing on readiness. I asked him was the last time
he had a briefing on readiness and he said \"never\". He said
he couldn\'t tell me everything but that he had told me almost
everything he knows.

I said well you wouldn\'t let us die from a dirty bomb would
you if you knew something about that? He said he wouldn\'t
worry too much about that...and then added, Don, do you have
any idea how many terrorist training camps there are in Oregon?

I said what do you mean, Muslim terrorists? He said no... just
these American guys that hate the government and are training
to overthrow it or planning to overthrow it. I said you mean
there are a lot of those guys here?...He said you have no idea
how much of that is in Oregon.

So what do I do I think to myself...is it time to bail out of here
for a week or so?

www.koin.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Muundoggie

Everyone hates the government right now. We're in that part of the political cycle. It's a little rougher this time around because of the bad economy, terror fears, Iraq, etc.

We're all just tired and want a change.

The nuts take that a few steps further down the road...

I haven't heard anything about Oregon. I haven't heard any rumors about really bad bank crises looming, except for the one we already know about involving sub-prime and it's fall out. That may GET to a serious banking crisis, but it's not there yet.

I'd be interested if anyone else has heard anything like this, tho.

It might just be one of those email rumor thingies that gets sent all over the web and no one knows where it came from...

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 10:33 PM
link   
"Sometime in 2009". Yeah, okay.

I posted this already but it was from some random ranting of some raving rangor lunatic on the web. And the mods shot it down. But, alas! THe sotry is now! As for the rumor, may we indulge?

groups.yahoo.com...

I used to live in OREGON, yet all my peeps don't pay attention to this stuff. ANyone paranoid out there in OREGON?

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 10:47 PM
link   
I see a couple of holes in this.
1) Lack of equipment is a nationwide guard issue. Seems that equipment going to Iraq is not making it back to the states. If it was there a month ago and not today that may be something to take note of.

2) Even when you are ordered to get shots, you may still take your shot records with you ( the yellow card very similar or identical to the one you get before travelling overseas). The military is very bad about keeping up with records and keeping your own shot record card is something many if not most soldiers do to keep from having to get unneccessary shots. These shot records have both the shot and administering authority on them.

3) The deployement cycle is pretty much public record in reference to the guard. My old unit is scheduled for an Afghan deployment in 09 this has been in the news for almost 6 months now.

4) Officers and senior NCO's often miss drill for staff briefings, training, etc. No big deal there.

Not to poo poo on this post but, it seems a bit alarmist. On the otherhand the trader in me is wondering what financial may be headquatered in Oregon. I'm going to do some reasearch on that and see if it's tradeable. I hear that WaMu isn't doing to well with all the subprime and Alt-A exposure.

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 10:53 PM
link   

NES-ARA is supposed to close the banks for three days. Any other rumors or observations out there?

What NES-ARA? This NES-ARA? I especially like idea #4. What a great deal - regardless of those who pay their bills and don't get over-leveraged with debt.

As partial remedy for 90 years of government and banking fraud, NESARA requires zeroing out of credit card balances and bank debt relief be given to Americans.

My next door neighbor xxxx is in the guard and I have been
waiting for a chance to talk to him for a couple of days now.

This just sounds stupid.

I also got out of xxxx that he had heard something about a
banking crisis connected to the stock market and that they
were issued new carbines this weekend.

So what were they issued in place of the standard M-16?

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 11:01 PM
link   
I did a search and came up with

Oregon national guard responds to possible anthrax scare
www.salem-news.com...

I couldnt find anything else...and this doesn't add up to much.

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Hmm I'm moving near Portland this summer about 50 miles down the river... Maybe I should stay in Texas.

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by titian

Hey man, don't crap on him for being concerned for the rest of us.
Whether he is right or not, all your doing here is telling people that if there IS something about to happen, don't bother telling you about it.

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Muundoggie

Interesting post Muundoggie.

I live about ten miles from the city limits. I rarely travel to the city as I live several miles out of town and do my shopping on the outskirts of the city proper.

Yesterday I needed some repair parts that took me to the middle of town. The National Guard Armory is in the city limits. I was very surprised to see no vehicles of any kind there. Usually there are many trucks, tanks, fuel trucks and other vehicles. There has never been a time that there were no personal on the grounds, until yesterday.

My first thought was that we were totally without our local guard to protect us if there were to be a problem. Personally I'm prepared to protect myself but countless other residents are not.

I continued on my errands and thought no more about what I saw until I was traveling home and noticed a pick up truck that had Ga. State Police written on the doors. Never saw this type of vehicle here in this area.

I passed the Ga. St. Patrol station and noticed twice as many patrol cars as are normally there. Again I went on about my business and thought no more about it until I read your post tonight.

Muundoggie, I am on the east coast and you are on the west coast. Could this be just a coincidence with our National Guard?

I don't scare easily but have a feeling something may be going down in states other than Oregon. I pray we are wrong in our assumptions.

I am wondering if it may be time to prepare to batten down the hatches for a week or so. I'm not an alarmist but am very concerned.

Dizzie

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 12:14 AM
link   
I am inclined to think it is because of shortages, and the vehicles are being sent to Iraq and elsewhere. But that's just because I have done stories here at ATS on the military's poor state of readiness. I could be dead wrong, and there may be something going on.

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 04:04 AM
link   
reply to post by dizziedame

Thanks for the info Dizzie. I just want everyone to be aware that there are way too many pieces coming together that could make marshall law a reality. The latest weapon for the military is the RAY gun as seen on 60 Minutes. Ready for use this summer. Could easily be mis-used.

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 04:19 PM
link   
As a portlander and a govt. worker, I haven't heard anything from DHS or FPS on any sort of natl guard movement. If it was really serious, I imagine that they would inform the federal and state governments and we would hear somehting, maybe even have our buildings closed for our safety. My guess is that the anthrax scare is what brought the guard out. Our city is still in the midst of a housing boom. The skyline is getting bigger (we have at least 3 new high rises in the midst of being built and I just can't see any sort of serious event happening related to banking. I live in the city and drive through the city daily and haven't seen any sort of natl guard in the area at all. If any of that changes, Ill definitely take pics and let ya'll know. Ill start carrying my camera tomorrow and keep yall updated in case something does happen, but in my gut, I feel like this is a hoax

just my .02

Tela

edited to make sense

[edit on 3/5/2008 by Telafree]

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by damaged petals

when i was in the guard, we didn't use m-16s, except for the few we had with m203s on them. we mostly used m4s. maybe he just means that they got new ones, as opposed to old ones.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 04:23 PM
link   
sorry to bump up something old but i am in the oregon national guard and i drill in portland as a transporter with a security clearance. I haven't heard a thing about any of this. the last mobilization we did was to bring supplies to a town called vernonia that was flooded.

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Found your posts after googling tank movements in Oregon. I live next to I-5 in Grants Pass. Noticed Tanks being shipped up North a couple weeks ago. I thought it was odd. Never seen this before.

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 07:53 PM
link   
This is so much BS!

What right do people have to come here and post unsubstantiated claims based on a friends friend? Where's the Mods here? Huh? I am tired of this..... no references, no facts.. just terror mongering.

I honestly cannot believe this is happening on ATS!

5 years ago, Simon himself would have thrown this person off. Yet here we are ... nicey nicey. Makes me sick.

Show the facts, show some data! Show some intelligence.

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by ArcAngel

Well, you don't have to read it. No offense.

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 08:35 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I authored this thread some time ago. I called a friend of mine out there to warn him, and he said they had been at it for a few days already.

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by ArcAngel

It's not unsubstantiated. This has been going on some time. Please see my post above for a reference.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join