It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who is missing in The Book of Revelation?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Ok two nights ago I had this dream; Several things were happening in the dream which probably aren't too important, so I'll just skip to the topic. A group of people that were gathered, reading the bible were saying something about the rapture (of all things)

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Elisha4Yah

Alrighty, I'll take a guess Women and children?? Why yes!

That's exactly what I said to the group of people in the dream. It kind of freaked me out (in a good way) because I don't necessairly think there is a rapture, and never really noticed that women and children aren't mentioned in the book of Revelation. Any thoughts? Anyone else notice this?

PS: Another interesting point perhaps in the dream is that I was pregnant. So it's like a double meaning of some sort? Not too big into dream interpretation myself.

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 10:55 PM
link   
You've never heard of the woman who rides the beast or the woman about to give birth, both mentioned in Revelations. Especially, the woman about to give birth and th dragon waits to devour the child. She travails in labor.

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 01:59 AM
link   
I do not think there is anything about the rature in Revelation.
There is something in the writings of Paul, one in Thessilonians, about being caught up.
So, what is it that made you feel good?
Is it that it would be nice if we got to have to go through a time of trouble?
I am sure that if you were pregnant, you woud be concerned about wether children would be raptured.
I have some anxiety about the trouble that is coming to the world.
Whatever happens to us, in the end God will win and all the people who suffered on this planet will be vindicated, and will live again and be with Jesus.

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Matthew 24
38For in the days before the flood, people were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, up to the day Noah entered the ark; 39and they knew nothing about what would happen until the flood came and took them all away. That is how it will be at the coming of the Son of Man. 40Two men will be in the field; one will be taken and the other left. 41Two women will be grinding with a hand mill; one will be taken and the other left.

That's your rapture right there!

You know who is missing is the United States of America. I think this country might meet an untimely demise. I fear sooner than later. It looks like the US dollar could collapse, that will put us into a depression worse than the 1920s. We might be speaking Chinese in 5 years if we're not careful. Boy I'm optimistic today....

[edit on 3/7/2008 by Bigwhammy]

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Women and children are not mentioned in Revelation specifically but they are mentioned as being in the tribulation during Jesus' Olivette Discourse. But this does not negate the rapture. There are allusions to the rapture in Revelation.

The thing is, if you notice closely, Jesus warns the Jews to flee once they enter the Great Tribulation period (the last 3 1/2 years). He gives a special warning to pregnant and nursing mothers. Why not mention the older children? It seems these are the children born and conceived after the rapture. Remember, it tells us people will still be marrying and having children during the tribulation. So one generation of children might be taken during the rapture while a new generation is being born after.

posted on Mar, 9 2008 @ 01:50 AM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

Actually they (women and children) are not mentioned either in Revelation specifically or the Olivet discourse. The woe to them that are with child, and to them that give suck in those day's is not women/females or babies. The old testament clarifies all of this. They are new converts and those that are still on the milk and the churches that are still giving milk-not giving meat in due season. Women is always signified as either one, Israel or two the church.

The women in Revelation are: the Mother of all harlot's baby-lon(false belief system) and the other woman with a crown of 12 stars is quite possibly the 'true' church or even Israel, either way, we are grafted into the vine as believers, so technically the true church is Israel too

Like I said before. I don't necessarily await a rapture but after having that dream it kind of alerted me to the possibility that He does at some point remove the women and the children from the earth prior to the wrath. I really don't know, it was a dream and I don't usually put my trust in dreams at all.

Think about this though, Paul say's Christ is the head, men are below Christ and women are below men, now that might seem improper to some, especially in these burning bra days, but that is how it is period, the word say's so. So if Christ is the head of every man and man the head of every woman, then who is responsible for women? Men have left their first estate and left the women out in the wilderness so to speak (not all men- BW). So that said, where would the first or highest disciplinary action fall? Men. Because Yahshua specifically put man in charge of the woman to take care of her, so what happens if man fails to do that? Who is next in line? Christ Yahshua has to take over...

So it may be worth the effort to at least consider the possibilities that the rapture that some of you believe and preach might just be, but not in the way you expect it. It would be quite a shock to wake up one day to a planet with no children or women

Edit for really bad spelling lol

[edit on 9-3-2008 by Elisha4Yah]

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 04:41 AM
link   
You have been taught by non-prophets that there will be a "rapture" before the tribulation. Anyone can design a bible timeline and say it is inspired. This is mere men's interpretation (reading between the lines) based on mere wishful thinking. I await no such rapture but the one that comes at the last trumpet, and I don't think humans on earth will hear these trumpets sound. Christ says, "Work while it is still day for the night will come when no man can work." I certainly hope, however, that a rapture will occur before that horrible time, but I will not hold my breath. Consider this: what if the Great Falling Away is due to a Great Lack of a Great Rapture? "Many will leave the faith." Having your head chopped off for the sake of the Testimony of Jesus Christ, and loving not your life unto death, may not be a desirable action for many. If we are not so certain about such things, very little can surprise us. "Be anxious for nothing," said our Lord. We don't have much longer to wait. I myself will not live longer than another forty years on this earth. I will see the Lord soon enough. I don't look at it as a whole human experience - in terms of two thousand years and counting. What - ? My own personal countDOWN has begun. I have that much time NOT to eat and drink with sinners and beat on my fellow servants.

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Well, that is an... er ... interesting interpretation. I cannot prove you wrong on it, of course, but there is a rule regarding Biblical prophecy interpretation. That is, 'when a literal interpretation makes sense, seek no other sense.'

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by AshleyD

Well, that is an... er ... interesting interpretation. I cannot prove you wrong on it, of course, but there is a rule regarding Biblical prophecy interpretation. That is, 'when a literal interpretation makes sense, seek no other sense.'

Hey I don't claim to know any more or less than anyone else who believes in The Word of God. It is literal. Before Yahshua (The Word/The Mystery) was manifested in the flesh and walked on earth as a man born of the flesh by the Spirit, He spoke through the prophets of OLD. So anyone can go to the Torah and Prophets to find the 'mysteries' or meanings-Most especially the prophets:

Isaiah 28:9
Whom shall he teach knowledge? and whom shall he make to understand doctrine? them that are weaned from the milk, and drawn from the breasts.

Isaiah 55:1
Ho, every one that thirsteth, come ye to the waters, and he that hath no money; come ye, buy, and eat; yea, come, buy wine and milk without money and without price.

Isaiah 60:16
Thou shalt also suck the milk of the Gentiles, and shalt suck the breast of kings: and thou shalt know that I the LORD am thy Saviour and thy Redeemer, the mighty One of Jacob.

And here are some new:
1 Corinthians 3:2
I have fed you with milk, and not with meat: for hitherto ye were not able to bear it, neither yet now are ye able.

Hebrews 5:12
For when for the time ye ought to be teachers, ye have need that one teach you again which be the first principles of the oracles of God; and are become such as have need of milk, and not of strong meat.

Hebrews 5:13
For every one that useth milk is unskilful in the word of righteousness: for he is a babe.

And here again is what Yahshua say's:
Matthew 24:19
And woe unto them that are with child, and to them that give suck in those days!

I think I've supplied you with numerous passages old and new:

Matthew 13:52
Then said he unto them, Therefore every scribe which is instructed unto the kingdom of heaven is like unto a man that is an householder, which bringeth forth out of his treasure things new and old.

I like you AshleyD but you need to be very careful the way you address people. I get angry, I get frustrated, we're all human, but when you're talking to another believer, drop the "umm er" type of response and "ASK" instead, you might actually walk away with a little gift of truth. No one here on earth is fully 'there' yet, we're all part of the body, and like I said before, you might be the feet and me the hands...so I can learn from you and you me, but not with a holier than thou attitude.

I don't know about the rapture at all, but I was always respectful toward you in discussing it. And I still have yet to find where that is literally interpretated in the Bible, old or new.

Elisha

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Er... I didn't mean to insult you. If you took it that way, my sincere apologies, Elisha. I think you're a sweetheart. I cannot refute your interpretation, like I mentioned above, but it does not make sense when you take the entirety of scripture into consideration. We're told people are 'still marrying and being given in marriage' during the tribulation. Unless this refers to same sex marriages being legalized, then I would think this is yet another reference to females being in the tribulation. Just my two cents. No offense meant, Hon.

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 12:31 PM
link   

I like it! Let the bride prepare to receive her groom.

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Er... I didn't mean to insult you. If you took it that way, my sincere apologies, Elisha. I think you're a sweetheart. I cannot refute your interpretation, like I mentioned above, but it does not make sense when you take the entirety of scripture into consideration. We're told people are 'still marrying and being given in marriage' during the tribulation. Unless this refers to same sex marriages being legalized, then I would think this is yet another reference to females being in the tribulation. Just my two cents. No offense meant, Hon.

MY interpretation? That's YHWH's interpretation. Did you read the verses Ashley?

As for the marrying and giving into marriage which Yahshua states, yes that is absolutely true and if you read my very first/second post here you'll also read that I wasn't claiming that women and children would be raptured at all, simply pointing out something which I never noticed until the dream. Again I'll also repeat, I don't put my faith in dreams. I posted this OT to see what you all thought. (For the record, I can't find a rapture in the Scriptures at all) And tribulation has been here for nearly 2000 years. The Temple is within you, and the body is being built in troubled times-see Daniel. So this 7 year tribulation and some man sitting in the rebuilt temple over in Jerusalem is NOT scriptural, it's taught by those that still suck milk-Woe!

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 12:55 PM
link   

You're right. I'm wrong. Excellent research. God bless.

[edit on 3/10/2008 by AshleyD]

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 09:04 PM
link   

You're right. I'm wrong. Excellent research. God bless.

[edit on 3/10/2008 by AshleyD]

I appreciate that comment totally. I'm wrong though in everything I do, I'm a gigantic mess in fact lol. But Yahshua is right and good, He is the best Shepherd we'll ever have from here to eternity.....He has greatly changed my outlook and perspective of life. So I give all thanks and glory to Him, because without Him living inside me through His Words, I would be -well who knows what I would be, that's too frightening of a thought.

1 John 4:4
Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.

And thank you for the flowers
I forgive you always. Much love and faith to you from our Father in Heaven.

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 02:41 AM
link   

Glad you liked them!

I still don't agree but hate 'fighting' (for lack of a better word) with other Christians and bow out anytime I see a thread possibly taking that direction.

But you definitely have an interesting perspective and raised some good points. Just because I don't agree didn't give me the right to be a jerk about it.

new topics

top topics

join